Electric cars?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Electric cars?

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 18, 2024 7:09 am

It’s common knowledge that batteries and cold weather don’t mix well.
I’ve just seen a news item about -18c temperatures in Chicago.
Apparently, lots of Tesla drivers are having problems.

Postby Gary Numan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:10 pm

When you plug an electric car in, how far can you go before the lead runs out?
Gary Numan

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:00 am

Gary Numan wrote:When you plug an electric car in, how far can you go before the lead runs out?

Ask a milkman.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Feb 24, 2024 12:08 am

Stooo wrote:
Gary Numan wrote:When you plug an electric car in, how far can you go before the lead runs out?

Ask a milkman.

What's one of them the cry goes up.
Let alone the mysterious reference to what he drove.
Ernie the fastest milkman in the west... seems so recent but it's from the dark ages!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:29 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ask a milkman.

Ernie the fastest milkman in the west... seems so recent but it's from the dark ages!

I got offered a job at Express Dairies as a milkie in my youth but my boss put my wages up instead (bakery driver to local shops). There's still milkies but they're few and far between and they drive Transits now which takes the fun out of the job, I used to love the sound of them pulling away.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:39 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ask a milkman.

I got offered a job at Express Dairies as a milkie in my youth but my boss put my wages up instead (bakery driver to local shops). There's still milkies but they're few and far between and they drive Transits now which takes the fun out of the job, I used to love the sound of them pulling away.

I was a milkman/boy from the age of ten with horse and cart and then at 13 Bedford vans with a milk float back.
Loved it all great privilege but driving at 13 was amazing and delivering to police houses just down the road from my own house but different times no one was the least bit bothered.
The days when I had to go out to my old man's car just before dark and fit the nigh time parking light!
A legal requirment that was enforced while driving under age seemed to go unnoticed.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sat Feb 24, 2024 5:01 pm

Hard to imagine this was the general attitude of those times back then...
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Grafenwalder » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:55 pm

Imagine finding your car fast accelerating and total loss of brakes. Happened to this guy in Manchester, not just once but twice - with the same model!

phpBB [video]
Grafenwalder

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:28 am

Would you buy a second hand electric car?
The battery is degraded and a new one will on average cost around fifty grand plus labour!
More than the car is worth?
I've always always said electric cars are not the future unless something monumental changes.
Secondhand your electric car is more or less worthless making it as disposable as a your phone!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:16 am

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Ask a milkman.

That last line sounds a bit perverse :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:27 am

Rolluplostinspace wrote:Would you buy a second hand electric car?
The battery is degraded and a new one will on average cost around fifty grand plus labour!
I've always always said electric cars are not the future unless something monumental changes.
Secondhand your electric car is more or less worthless making it as disposable as a your phone!

Good idea Rollup, Ecars should be sold as per phones, sign a contract, drive away for a couple of years and then go back in for an upgrade and sign up on a new model.
Old cars get taken away and updated for next customer, or stripped for parts.

Postby Iteats » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:43 am

Guest wrote:

Good idea Rollup, Ecars should be sold as per phones, sign a contract, drive away for a couple of years and then go back in for an upgrade and sign up on a new model.

For those that want to buy outright will we need a bigger drawer to keep our old cars in?
Disposable cars, we're going to need a bigger landfill.
Iteats

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:18 am

Iteats wrote:
Guest wrote:

For those that want to buy outright will we need a bigger drawer to keep our old cars in?
Disposable cars, we're going to need a bigger landfill.

Whatever happens, just like phones, we will all pay through the nose way too much money for this all electric world that’s being forced on us.
I’d rather have an internal combustion engine, it’s less hassle.

Postby Snookerballs » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:37 pm

Just a thought, as more and more electric cars are forced on us , where will the Government recupe lost revenue from Petrol Tax ??
Will all people with or without an Electric Car have to pay a Tax on electricity consumed . ?
Snookerballs

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:48 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Just a thought, as more and more electric cars are forced on us , where will the Government recupe lost revenue from Petrol Tax ??
Will all people with or without an Electric Car have to pay a Tax on electricity consumed . ?

That’s a very good point Graf, however, I suspect they’ll come up with a cunning plan to recoup that lost revenue somehow.
The government never loses out, we always do though.
I envisage road tax being enhanced considerably.
Have you any other ideas how they can rob us?

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms