Electric cars?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Electric cars?

Postby Snookerballs » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:50 pm

Recent snow and cars stuck and abandoned made me think , what happens when the battery runs flat in an electric vehicle because there is no way of charging the battery . how does one get help ?

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/how-to-guides/what-to-do-if-your-car-gets-stuck-in-snow.html
Snookerballs

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 03, 2023 5:20 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Recent snow and cars stuck and abandoned made me think , what happens when the battery runs flat in an electric vehicle because there is no way of charging the battery . how does one get help ?

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/how-to-guides/what-to-do-if-your-car-gets-stuck-in-snow.html

AA turn up with a diesel generator.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:15 pm

Snookerballs wrote:Recent snow and cars stuck and abandoned made me think , what happens when the battery runs flat in an electric vehicle because there is no way of charging the battery . how does one get help ?

Battery packs, I've got one for my phone.

A simple system to get you to the next charge point should be easy to implement, simply have a port to put in a swappable battery like they use with electric mopeds.

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:26 pm

Stooo wrote:

A simple system to get you to the next charge point should be easy to implement, simply have a port to put in a swappable battery like they use with electric mopeds.

That'll have to be a pretty big battery pack!
I wonder why they don't exist?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:33 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

That's an actual photo of swappable units used in the Far East :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:35 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

For a motorbike yes!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Sun Dec 03, 2023 10:44 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

For a motorbike yes!

That can be adapted for a port in a car EV for a boost charge to the nearest station, you’re getting the hang of it :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Sun Dec 03, 2023 11:36 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

For a motorbike yes!

That can be adapted for a port in a car EV for a boost charge to the nearest station, you’re getting the hang of it :thumbsup:

You can get portable suitcase size on wheels emergency power packs already it seems but they are very heavy.
You have to transport these things around with you!
I would imagine the producers of these things and the salespoints will rapidly be going out of business with the collapse of EV sales.
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:05 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:You can get portable suitcase size on wheels emergency power packs already it seems but they are very heavy.
I would imagine the producers of these things and the salespoints will rapidly be going out of business with the collapse of EV sales.

25 kilos is not heavy and these are around 15, a sack of spuds.

Man up snowflake.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:13 pm

Stooo wrote:
Rolluplostinspace wrote:You can get portable suitcase size on wheels emergency power packs already it seems but they are very heavy.

Man up snowflake.

These as in what motorbike ones?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Stooo » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:30 pm

Rolluplostinspace wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Man up snowflake.

These as in what motorbike ones?

They look around 8Kg. You mount exchange pods on each side, maximum of four. You will see this in endurance vehicles in the future.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:54 pm

Robotic Drive-Thru Swaps EV Batteries in 5 Minutes
Lots of good ideas about but staying in business in a pretty dead market is proving very difficult!
How much does a quick battery change cost?
Rolluplostinspace

Postby HobbitFeet » Tue Dec 05, 2023 7:06 am

Why is there such a downer from some on here regarding electric vehicles?

is it simply that purchasing one is out of their reach and it is plain envy that other people are getting an enormous saving on fuel that they aren't?

I get it, my daughter uses over £200 a month in petrol, I use £50, that's a very real way that I benefit from my hybrid, and it proper pisses her off
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:03 am

I hope you all enjoy your electric cars, don't mind the children who have to dig for the cobalt day and night to just barely survive, while you lie in your cozy bed with a full belly, dreaming of your new electric toy.

Here you go, have a look while you're enjoying your electric cars.
I hope you feel good about it.

Just curious, where are all the hundreds and thousands of dead batteries actually going to end up?
The hypocrisy is mind boggling.
They want to get rid of one problem, yet create a much bigger one.

It was the same with the masks.
I wonder how many millions of them ended up in the ocean, but hey, that was for a good cause, right?
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Rockstar » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:08 am

Holly wrote:I hope you all enjoy your electric cars, don't mind the children who have to dig for the cobalt day and night to just barely survive, while you lie in your cozy bed with a full belly, dreaming of your new electric toy.

Here you go, have a look while you're enjoying your electric cars.
I hope you feel good about it.

Just curious, where are all the hundreds and thousands of dead batteries actually going to end up?
The hypocrisy is mind boggling.
They want to get rid of one problem, yet create a much bigger one.

It was the same with the masks.
I wonder how many millions of them ended up in the ocean, but hey, that was for a good cause, right?

*rant against cobalt whilst furiously typing on iphone or tablet or laptop :pmsl: :pmsl:
Rockstar

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms