DS & AV Forum Thread #126

Big Threads

Re: DS Thread #125

Postby Stooo » Fri Jan 13, 2023 9:40 pm

Guest wrote:
Any form of Moderation on DS died about 3 or 4 years ago when the Mods gave up on their General Discussion and Politics sections

You're late to the party. Sky. Channel 4, the Daily Mirror, Sun On Line (SoL) and pretty much any other MSM forums were gutted and closed after the Maddie lawsuits, Dogs exists because there's still some of us about who like to point and laugh :mrgreen:

DS got the Maddie traffic because it was toxic but popular and it took ages before the Maddie threads were banned but meanwhile a challenger appeared in the form of Mumsnet which is the major form of opposition to DS and they know it.

TL;DR DS will close the forums.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:10 pm

DS Has not closed the forums though Stoo? They have been fine traffic wise since the other ones went. It will be around longer then this and the AV

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 13, 2023 11:24 pm

And then there are all those "engagements" of hers. Where does she find the time?

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 14, 2023 12:55 pm

guest wrote:DS Has not closed the forums though Stoo? They have been fine traffic wise since the other ones went. It will be around longer then this and the AV

Most of the site traffic will be for the main celebrity gossip front page.

Postby Chancer81 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:56 pm

conkerking2 wrote:I see that someone has managed to get rid of Ian Torkington. I wonder what trivial crime he committed .The LBC thread is now down to the few chummy little posters all in their nice little bubble without anyone throwing a spanner in their cosy little chats. Occy continues to annoy them though....although they make it clear he's not up to their level of sparkling wit and repartee. Long may he continue to irritate the gang of weirdos.
I thought I hadn't seen their nonsense for a while. Good riddance to the trolling twat, it was only a matter of time that the mods would lose patience with their constant baiting. Won't be long before another seething saddo makes an account in a miserable attempt to get a thread on DS closed.
Chancer81

Postby Middens » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:09 pm

Guest wrote:
guest wrote:DS Has not closed the forums though Stoo? They have been fine traffic wise since the other ones went. It will be around longer then this and the AV

Yes. The vast majority of their traffic comes from Google. People searching for celebs, TV and movies. They probably see forums as a headache.
Middens

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:30 pm

Middens wrote:
Guest wrote:

Yes. The vast majority of their traffic comes from Google. People searching for celebs, TV and movies. They probably see forums as a headache.

I joined DS way back in the 2000's because I was working in digital comms (satellite, aerial and cable) and the forum at that time was geared up exactly for that, full of tech tips and other useful info. It's now obviously a showbiz site and it will probably go the way of comments on articles rather than its original form, it's either that or close down.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:01 pm

Stooo wrote:
Middens wrote:
Guest wrote:

I joined DS way back in the 2000's because I was working in digital comms (satellite, aerial and cable) and the forum at that time was geared up exactly for that, full of tech tips and other useful info. It's now obviously a showbiz site and it will probably go the way of comments on articles rather than its original form, it's either that or close down.

It will be around longer then this site and AV I can guarantee you that

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:28 pm

guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Middens wrote:
Guest wrote:

It will be around longer then this site and AV I can guarantee you that

Not as a forum.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:01 pm

Lol and how do you even know that Stoo?

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:08 pm

guest wrote:Lol and how do you even know that Stoo?

Because I'm not new. Running forums is a pain and you have to have some passion for it to keep it going. James and the other founders had that passion but now that the site is cited on national news it makes them a creditable source, DS (Hearst) will make far more from ad clicks than they will by moderating a forum.

It's just counting, try it.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:12 pm

Stooo wrote:

Because I'm not new. Running forums is a pain and you have to have some passion for it to keep it going. James and the other founders had that passion but now that the site is cited on national news it makes them a creditable source, DS (Hearst) will make far more from ad clicks than they will by moderating a forum.

So you don't know then, you have no idea what heart or other people are thinking. Maybe give us the joy in closing down this site if its too much of a pain :smilin:

Postby Stooo » Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:25 pm

guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

So you don't know then, you have no idea what heart or other people are thinking. Maybe give us the joy in closing down this site if its too much of a pain :smilin:

Do you shout at clouds?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby conkerking2 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:15 am

Chancer81 wrote:
conkerking2 wrote:I see that someone has managed to get rid of Ian Torkington. I wonder what trivial crime he committed .The LBC thread is now down to the few chummy little posters all in their nice little bubble without anyone throwing a spanner in their cosy little chats. Occy continues to annoy them though....although they make it clear he's not up to their level of sparkling wit and repartee. Long may he continue to irritate the gang of weirdos.
I thought I hadn't seen their nonsense for a while. Good riddance to the trolling twat, it was only a matter of time that the mods would lose patience with their constant baiting. Won't be long before another seething saddo makes an account in a miserable attempt to get a thread on DS closed.

It wasn't constant baiting. It was a differing POV that your little band of bigots won't allow.
conkerking2

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:12 pm

Landis has posted a link in a radio threaf to footage of people dying in the recent Nepal airplane crash.
What a disgusting thing to do
:yikes:

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive