A right load of bollocks...

Re: Random Stuff # 36

Postby Middens » Tue Jan 23, 2024 6:01 pm

A large chunk of the Daily Mail website has gone behind a paywall. :awesome:
Middens

Postby Red Okktober » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:01 pm

Policeman demoted for selling his trousers

A police Inspector in Herts has been demoted to Sergeant for selling his trousers online for the princely sum of £4

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-b ... s-68218617
Red Okktober

Postby Cactus Jack » Tue Feb 06, 2024 7:33 pm

Middens wrote:A large chunk of the Daily Mail website has gone behind a paywall. :awesome:

People pay for the Daily Mail :kinell:
Cactus Jack

Postby Junglejayne » Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:38 pm

Middens wrote:A large chunk of the Daily Mail website has gone behind a paywall. :awesome:

I know! Was one of the only freebies and they've screwed it.
Junglejayne

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:22 pm

Medals for the Paris Olympics will contain metal from the Eiffel Tower.

A great idea imo, and am surprised that other countries haven't done similar in previous games.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/olympics/68239167
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 08, 2024 7:08 pm

…ting tang, walla walla bing bang :canny:

Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:20 am

Great interview from start to finish,for anyone who can't sleep or is bored.
It's got everything from funny, to serious stuff, and down right nasty shit.
Gets annoying a bit at some stage for a bit, when those two women yell over each other, but IMO this is 35 minutes well worth "wasted"
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:26 pm

Popbitch is on form as ever:

>> Hush now <<
A master of timing

We have to admit, it was an inspired bit of skullduggery from Phillip Schofield. Rushing out a televised interview in which you state point blank there's no NDA of any sort stopping your unwise (but not illegal) lover from coming forward. Then, as that same interview fills the news cycle for the next few days, you pop out and pick one up.

Your truthful-at-the-time statement gets repeated endlessly in the press, while you enjoy the benefits of having bought your young lover's legally enforceable silence for six figures.

It's genius, really. It's just a shame that this has come at such a delicate moment for the lawyer who was representing Schofe throughout this episode. Why, just weeks ago he was trying to maintain that all the misleading he'd done on behalf of Michelle Mone and her husband wasn't his fault – that his reputation was spotless – only to now get caught up in this shithousery?

Tough break, Jonathan Coad. Tough break.

>> Special delivery <<
Lurking under the lettuce

The last couple of weeks of Gregg Wallace anecdotes have caused a few old Soho chefs to get in touch with their reminiscences.

In the early 90s, Gregg's grocery company was well known to Soho restaurateurs. Not just for supplying all the standard fruit and veg, but their drivers would also deliver a few other essential sundries too. Notably, a very particular type of salt beloved by many chefs. Jazz salt – a speciality imported from South America.

Chefs would leave money out in a pint pot for the delivery driver to take what was owed for this little extra, and they could then expect to find their supply in a plastic bag tucked under the lettuce.

The lettuce was such a consistent feature that, even now, when old colleagues from those days get together they'll still ask one another "Who's got the lettuce then?"

:pmsl:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Middens » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:50 am

My Grandmother is 94 and still with it. Can you imagine that? When I visit she wants to me make tea! She talks politics ffs! I love her.
Middens

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:32 am

After astronomical calculations and a 3-year wait for the right moment, photographer Leonardo Sens took this great photo.
It took 3year of patience.
DO YOU THINK ITS WORTH IT?

Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 pm

Holly wrote:After astronomical calculations and a 3-year wait for the right moment, photographer Leonardo Sens took this great photo.
It took 3year of patience.
DO YOU THINK ITS WORTH IT?

I think it’s absolutely amazing!
Thanks for this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :wubwub: :awesome:

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 14, 2024 10:59 pm

Middens wrote:My Grandmother is 94 and still with it. Can you imagine that? When I visit she wants to me make tea! She talks politics ffs! I love her.

Get her to join here please, Stooo needs educating. :smilin:

Postby Red Okktober » Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:41 pm

“Do You Hate Britain, I Asked My Pupils. Thirty Raised Their Hands”

This was a British school and not a madrasa in some third world shithole. Originally published in last week's Sunday Times.

“The Taliban do let girls go to school,” boasted the teenage boy. “But they stop them when they turn 11, which is very fair.”

" I asked a class of 13-year-olds to raise their hands if they hated Britain. Thirty hands shot up with immediate, absolute certainty."

" Most of the lads I teach think women should have fewer rights than men"

"It turned out these children not only supported gender inequality but were fans of executing all manner of criminals too."

"We are supposed to remain neutral, but some staff adorn their laptops with pro-Palestinian slogans."

" my school and many others are rolling over and not even attempting to mount a defence of western values."

My colleagues tend to believe that the solution to our pupils’ dislike of Britain is to design a curriculum that is packed with hand-wringing about western imperialism and institutional racism. If we teach them we did wrong, then they will know that we are sorry and move on, the argument goes"

It's only just beginning.

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/04/21/do- ... eir-hands/
Red Okktober

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:29 pm

Red Okktober wrote:“Do You Hate Britain, I Asked My Pupils. Thirty Raised Their Hands”

This was a British school and not a madrasa in some third world shithole. Originally published in last week's Sunday Times.

“The Taliban do let girls go to school,” boasted the teenage boy. “But they stop them when they turn 11, which is very fair.”

" I asked a class of 13-year-olds to raise their hands if they hated Britain. Thirty hands shot up with immediate, absolute certainty."

" Most of the lads I teach think women should have fewer rights than men"

"It turned out these children not only supported gender inequality but were fans of executing all manner of criminals too."

"We are supposed to remain neutral, but some staff adorn their laptops with pro-Palestinian slogans."

" my school and many others are rolling over and not even attempting to mount a defence of western values."

My colleagues tend to believe that the solution to our pupils’ dislike of Britain is to design a curriculum that is packed with hand-wringing about western imperialism and institutional racism. If we teach them we did wrong, then they will know that we are sorry and move on, the argument goes"

It's only just beginning.

https://dailysceptic.org/2024/04/21/do- ... eir-hands/

It's not exactly looking good for them thanks to the last 14 years.
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms