Football Thread - Extra Time

A right load of bollocks...

Football Thread - Extra Time

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 20, 2023 7:49 am

xtras1 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
xtras1 wrote:Please please stop comparing the mens football to the woman's it is most annoying..

Totally different in all aspects.

Bugger off! The Lionesses are superior to the overpaid show ponies in the men’s team.

Please explain how football is different in all aspects in this particular case. :awesome:

There’s one ball, and two teams of eleven players on each side, playing two halves of 45 minutes, with the aim of scoring against the opposition. It’s exactly the same for men and women. :thumbsup:

GTH :mrgreen:

You are comparing the ladies Euros & World Cup to the mens ..
The female teams although fantastic are no way in the same league as the men, you put Englands ladies against Englands men or any opposition for that matter the men would win.

As hard as that is for me to admit it, it’s fact.

Be that as it maybe, the women’s game has come on leaps and bounds in the last decade.

Please don’t pee all over the achievements of the women’s game, the skill levels have exploded into genuinely good football that is a thrill to watch.

I remember going into a pub over a decade ago to ask if they could put the ladies football on when England were in a World Cup. Two of us sat and watched as Jill Scott, Lucy Bronze etc won a game.

Fast forward to last year when I asked a different pub to put England v Norway on, and grumpy men moaned when they saw it was ladies football, but were practically dancing on the tables when England won 8-0, and it’s a fact that more and more people appreciate what the ladies can do with a football.

Don’t diss the beautiful game now played by women, our girls have won the euros, and are now about to play a World Cup final.
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Ladies put Men to shame!

Postby xtras1 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:34 am

I am not peeing over any womens games/achievements!
You just don’t listen.

My daughter herself a footballer is and always has been an advocate for girls to play football at schools!
The women have come above & beyond any expectations.. mens prejudice has taken a back seat, those snidey comments that all men have done.. women can’t play, not as good as the men.. etc etc etc.
Women have never wanted to be better then men! They just wanted to play!!

They have always had teams taken back seats, the grass roots games the women always had second use of any pitches up & down the countries, men always played first, women weren’t deemed to be able to play, imagine the pitch after that for another team to play on?

Now all of a sudden certain men are sitting & taking notice, but not through the will & strength of the women who held in there..

So save your silly comments.

If anyone supports the womens game it’s my household!

But still you cannot compare them to the mens game.. savvy?
:again?:
xtras1

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:57 am

xtras1 wrote:I am not peeing over any womens games/achievements!
You just don’t listen.

My daughter herself a footballer is and always has been an advocate for girls to play football at schools!
The women have come above & beyond any expectations.. mens prejudice has taken a back seat, those snidey comments that all men have done.. women can’t play, not as good as the men.. etc etc etc.

They have always had teams taken back seats, the grass roots games the women always had second use of any pitches up & down the countries, men always played first, women weren’t deemed to be able to play, imagine the pitch after that for another team to play on?

Now all of a sudden certain men are sitting & taking notice, but not through the will & strength of the women who held in there..

Oh right! So you’ve been following the lionesses since Hope Powell was in charge, like I have then :awesome:

I still have men saying women’s football is shit, fucking morons!

P.S. I don’t make silly comments about women’s football, I’m a big fan, and I watch the WSL too.
I’m appalled at the disparity still in what women get paid compared to men,
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby xtras1 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:25 am

LordRaven wrote:
You just don’t listen.

Oh right! So you’ve been following the lionesses since Hope Powell was in charge, like I have then :awesome:

P.S. I don’t make silly comments about women’s football, I’m a big fan, and I watch the WSL too.

Even before that.. I just don’t Google !

You are a very (or come across as) intelligent person.
But you do talk utter shite when you don’t read the comments, that’s your downfall.

We are on the same page with this subject stop twisting my comments. This happened before then you disappeared of the radar.. :woteva:
xtras1

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:54 am

xtras1 wrote:
LordRaven wrote:
You just don’t listen.

Even before that.. I just don’t Google !

You are a very (or come across as) intelligent person.
But you do talk utter shite when you don’t read the comments, that’s your downfall.

We are on the same page with this subject stop twisting my comments. This happened before then you disappeared of the radar.. :woteva:

Stop bloviating utter shite! I’ve never read such waffle.
What are you even trying to get across?

Now zip it! Get the TV turned up, open a beer, and cheer on our girls!!!
LordRaven
Twat.

Re: Football Thread - Extra Time

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:04 am

New thread

fill your football boots
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby LordRaven » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:09 am

HobbitFeet wrote:New thread

fill your football boots

Thanks Hobbit!

Come on The Lionesses!!! :awesome: :header:
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Holly » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:10 am

Bit unfair TBH, the original football thread was started in 2020, 3 years ago.
The women's footy thread is obviously a special one.
Not sure H why you had to get rid of the old one.
If anything, you could have merged the women's football thread with the existing one, the one that's been here the longest, and covers a lot of different games.

Although I do believe the women's footy thread deserves its own thread, especially since today is the final.

I hope everyone's watching it.
Even I will :smilin:

Go England :yess:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:32 am

1/0 to Spain, but long way to go.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:54 am

Thanks Hobbit but no need really… stopped the flow now :snooty:

Spain have always been a strong team, quick & organised.. I’ve said since watching this tournament they are the ones to look out for.

Hopefully we can come back like before and win!!
xtras1

Postby xtras1 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:56 am

Holly wrote:Bit unfair TBH, the original football thread was started in 2020, 3 years ago.
If anything, you could have merged the women's football thread with the existing one, the one that's been here the longest, and covers a lot of different games.

Although I do believe the women's footy thread deserves its own thread, especially since today is the final.

Maybe it’s just been put aside temporary be a shame to bin it ..
xtras1

Postby Gabby » Sun Aug 20, 2023 10:59 am

Holly wrote:Bit unfair TBH, the original football thread was started in 2020, 3 years ago.

…. and all it took was those 2 prats, aka xtras and Raven to get it locked! :whistle:
Gabby

Postby Holly » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:02 am

xtras1 wrote:

It would be a shame.

Are you watching?
I'm not usually into footy, but I'm really enjoying the girls.
Got my mates here from next door, he's originally from Southampton.
So we're having a few nibbles and drinks, and cross fingers and toes for England to take it home.

:cheers:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby HobbitFeet » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:09 am

Gabby wrote:

…. and all it took was those 2 prats, aka xtras and Raven to get it locked! :whistle:

It was locked and a new thread started because it was at 100 pages

In time for the lionesses match seemed the perfect time

The additional thread was merged
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby xtras1 » Sun Aug 20, 2023 11:13 am

Holly wrote:
xtras1 wrote:

It would be a shame.

Are you watching?
I'm not usually into footy, but I'm really enjoying the girls.
Got my mates here from next door, he's originally from Southampton.
So we're having a few nibbles and drinks, and cross fingers and toes for England to take it home.

:cheers:

I’ve watched almost every match when I can!!

How fantastic! Enjoy.. win or lose it’s still an outstanding achievement for women.
xtras1

Next

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms