Hello

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Hello

Postby Holly » Sat Apr 06, 2024 10:53 am

.SF. wrote:
Stooo wrote:Where to start?

I think that it's time to put a fork in it..

I'll still be posting up until the 1st of next month and I'd love to read your memories :smilin:

Sorry to hear that. Can I say thanks for providing a platform to indulge my puzzle thread, which amazingly stayed on page one for - what was it - two years or so? And for everyone who chipped in.

I was relatively late in joining up here. I always found it an amusing read. Have to say the people I found most entertaining were also the most contentious. I think most of them probably ended up getting the boot which was a shame in a way as they kept the place busy.

Of late it's turned into more of a politics place, maybe that's why there's limited interest in it now.

Anyway, thanks again and all the best to you and your admin team.

Thank you S.F, what a very nice post.
Yes, your quiz thread was great, it definitely did better than mine does.
Anyway, it was nice while it lasted, and I'm sure even people who were only reading will miss Dogs.
We will still be around for another month, so I hope a lot of posters long gone, might just pop in to say good bye.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:03 am

Holly wrote:
.SF. wrote:

I think that it's time to put a fork in it..

I'll still be posting up until the 1st of next month and I'd love to read your memories :smilin:

Sorry to hear that. Can I say thanks for providing a platform to indulge my puzzle thread, which amazingly stayed on page one for - what was it - two years or so? And for everyone who chipped in.

I was relatively late in joining up here. I always found it an amusing read. Have to say the people I found most entertaining were also the most contentious. I think most of them probably ended up getting the boot which was a shame in a way as they kept the place busy.

Of late it's turned into more of a politics place, maybe that's why there's limited interest in it now.

Anyway, thanks again and all the best to you and your admin team.

Thank you S.F, what a very nice post.
Yes, your quiz thread was great, it definitely did better than mine does.
Anyway, it was nice while it lasted, and I'm sure even people who were only reading will miss Dogs.
We will still be around for another month, so I hope a lot of posters long gone, might just pop in to say good bye.

I agree, SF’s quizzes were the Dogs!
And yours were also very entertaining Holly.
Thanks to you both, those quizzes were a nice respite from all the Woke bollox!

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:34 pm

Don’t open the archives - cops would have a field day

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 06, 2024 2:41 pm

Guest wrote:Don’t open the archives - cops would have a field day

I very much doubt it :smilin:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:11 pm

Stooo wrote:

I very much doubt it :smilin:

Agreed, these idiotic marches are taking up all their resources.
It seems they (police) are now handing out leaflets, telling people what will not be tolerated.
Plod? They only follow orders, and the orders have changed.
Polarising messages, placards, and hate speech are finally outlawed.

Postby The inquisition » Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:55 pm

Treason, gunpowder and plot :gigglesnshit:
Stooo Fucks would be in trouble for hating white peoples and his own country :gigglesnshit: :gigglesnshit:
The inquisition

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:07 am

I think that it's time to put a fork in it.

I can't justify paying $14 a month as well as the hosting fee for a site with so little traffic now compared to the early days and forum wars (that we won!) :pmsl: It's been fun but it's time to close. I will, during this month, open the archives for Claire to hoover up as well as some others but admin and mod forums will be purged.

Ah mate, i'd have happily paid a monthly subscription towards this site. I've been a member for nearly 5 years and although i don't post every day, it's nice to know it's here for when i do get time to post.

I'll miss this place.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2024 5:59 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I can't justify paying $14 a month as well as the hosting fee for a site with so little traffic now compared to the early days and forum wars (that we won!) :pmsl: It's been fun but it's time to close. I will, during this month, open the archives for Claire to hoover up as well as some others but admin and mod forums will be purged.

Ah mate, i'd have happily paid a monthly subscription towards this site. I've been a member for nearly 5 years and although i don't post every day, it's nice to know it's here for when i do get time to post.

I'll miss this place.

:wubbers: :wubbers:

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:49 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I'll miss this place.

Apart from Rockstar? :gigglesnshit:

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:12 am

Guest wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I'll miss this place.

Definitely :thumbsup:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2024 11:29 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Guest wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I'll miss this place.

Definitely :thumbsup:

It’s refreshing not to see that hate-monger’s posts anymore.
Goodbye and good riddance to his warped ideology.
I hope he never suffers what he wished upon Jewish people.
I’m surprised he was allowed to post awful stuff here, wishing horrible deaths on others, both here and in the afterlife.
Brainwashed twat!

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:52 pm

as much as ill miss the forum id rather it went if it means certain people are gone for good

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 07, 2024 2:09 pm

Guest wrote:as much as ill miss the forum id rather it went if it means certain people are gone for good

You know they’ll never really die while the Trunk is alive… It lives while the code is shifted, and they live with it, always Going Home.
— Terry Pratchett

:wink:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 07, 2024 7:30 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:as much as ill miss the forum id rather it went if it means certain people are gone for good

You know they’ll never really die while the Trunk is alive… It lives while the code is shifted, and they live with it, always Going Home.
— Terry Pratchett

Still waiting for these archives. Got cold feet sweetheart ?

Postby Stooo » Sun Apr 07, 2024 9:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

— Terry Pratchett

Still waiting for these archives. Got cold feet sweetheart ?

Itchy palms?
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms