A right load of bollocks...

Re: DS & AV Forum Thread #127

Postby Iteats » Tue Mar 26, 2024 6:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Iteats wrote:Brexit thread Avf
"weaviemx5 said:
There is no “remain”, we left the EU.
Aaronf
If closer ties to the EU is something that appeals to you, you need to be looking for that. I don’t think any candidates would reference ‘remain’ in campaigning.
That's it, a candidate who embodies wanting closer ties with the EU. That's what I'll be looking for in their election pledges and before I read their party manifesto."

Why have you quoted the two posts?

Context
Iteats

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:37 pm

Iteats wrote:
Guest wrote:
"weaviemx5 said:
Aaronf
If closer ties to the EU is something that appeals to you, you need to be looking for that. I don’t think any candidates would reference ‘remain’ in campaigning.
That's it, a candidate who embodies wanting closer ties with the EU. That's what I'll be looking for in their election pledges and before I read their party manifesto."

Context

Sorry, context of what?

Postby Iteats » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:39 pm

Guest wrote:
Iteats wrote:
Guest wrote:
"weaviemx5 said:
Aaronf

Context

Sorry, context of what?

Instead of posting a single quote I thought I would show the post being replied to thus giving context, anything else?
Iteats

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:05 pm

Iteats wrote:
Guest wrote:
Iteats wrote:
Guest wrote:
"weaviemx5 said:
Aaronf

Context

Sorry, context of what?

Instead of posting a single quote I thought I would show the post being replied to thus giving context, anything else?

I just wondered why you quoted those two posts specifically, apologies if I'm missing the point?

Quoting them both doesn't really show any "context", it just looks like a standard forum discussion. As I say, maybe I'm just missing it.

Postby Guesticles » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:11 am

The Kate Garraway/Derek Draper thread in digitalspy displays the gutter level that those forums and certain forum members have descended to.
Toxic
Guesticles

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:23 pm

The pervert Jack Bauer/Joe Flanagan has, unsurprisingly, abandoned his vow to never say the word "sexy" again after he got warned for it a couple of months back. Slowly keeps slipping it into posts again, often with the obligatory winky face emoji.

Absolutely awful poster who offers nothing constructive. Hopefully won't last long.

Postby guest » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:38 pm

Lots of morbid topics on DS like speculating what would happen if war broke out in the UK and occy being an insensitive prick by bashing Kate Garraway for taking time off Smooth Radio and also being a death announcer.

Postby B9K6 » Wed Mar 27, 2024 4:03 pm

Guesticles wrote:The Kate Garraway/Derek Draper thread in digitalspy displays the gutter level that those forums and certain forum members have descended to.
Toxic

Just had a read through of that thread...absolutely vile. I'm not the least bit shocked that one of the GB News regulars, Philoola, is one of the more vocal nasties.
B9K6

Postby Kojak » Wed Mar 27, 2024 10:00 pm

GeorgeS_2 has been giving a one-man commentary on LBC this afternoon, he is even quoting his own posts
:ooer: :mrgreen:
Kojak

Postby Iteats » Wed Mar 27, 2024 11:30 pm

Guesticles wrote:The Kate Garraway/Derek Draper thread in digitalspy displays the gutter level that those forums and certain forum members have descended to.
Toxic

I haven't read it but if it's anything like the comments on the Mail or Mirror sites those people have no shame. Kate was very lucky in a small way that she and Derek had access to money and could pay for carers etc and that's about the brightest part of their story. The poor guy suffered and died (as did others) and people think it's okay to attack him and his family.

What have we become.
Iteats

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 am

Another innocent poster harassed on the GB News forum, the parasitic pervert piling in with a particularly cretinous contribution. What a loathsome piece of shit he is.

Credit where it's due, Tanya and Darren showed some decency.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

I'd genuinely love any moderator to explain what it would take for James to get banned, or why he hasn't been yet. The amount of posters who've been banned for a mere percentage of what he's allowed to get away with time and time again is utterly baffling and ridiculous. Nasty vicious cunt.

Postby sockseverywhere » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:36 pm

Guest wrote:Hi,

I'm the poster who was 'Outback' on digital spy. I'd been reading the forums for a few weeks before I joined. It was already clear to me that the vast number of posters on the GB News thread had made their minds up. I just wanted to make a few posts that went against the flow. One poster was trying to engage me in replying to him and seemed to take umbrage that I didn't answer. Reason was that I didn't want to get into a futile back and forth argument where no one's minds are changed and risk the moderators getting involved. I didn't swear or abuse anyone and was enjoying contributing across other threads (Darts, 5live, music games)

Last tuesday I replied to a thread that was discussing Angela Rayner. My point was that she hadn't properly answered the queries raised and that when Labour get in, there's going to be a lot more scrutiny on them and her supporters had to be aware of that. I then linked up the story about the BBC apologising for calling Reform 'far right'. Within 30 minutes I received this message from DS Support

'Due to a number of disruptive and unconstructive posts. Your account has been permanently banned in accordance with our Community Guidelines.'

Hi there thanks for sharing your story.

Years ago I would have been surprised by a report like this but it became obvious that they selectively apply the disruptive/unconstructive/unproductive rules only when it suits them with an apparent political bias.
The only good thing about this is the amusement it provides seeing the animal fetishist and the fantasy troll pontificate their faux superior opinions yet without the actual intelligence to realise they are doing so within a mod-protected echo chamber.
They geninely believe its only bigots and <insert your favourism 'ism' here> that get banned.

I also mostly refuse to engage with the likes of Lethem because whatever answer you give them will never be enough they just shapeshift the goal posts with each reply until they think theyve won.
sockseverywhere

Postby Gammon Guest » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:51 pm

Reading the Brexit thread on AVF and ploughing through the EU rules must always be obeyed at all times posts and then get to Aaronf who succulently sums it up with #41599
I see, if it was me, I'd just always make sure my passport was within 10 years?

What a guy
posting.php?mode=reply&f=22&t=93220&sid=56acda0a30b1829833f898fa771ae2a7#
Gammon Guest

Postby truthseeker » Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

Another pearler from Aaron in the Brexit thread. They were discussing the high ticket prices for the Olympics in Paris. Aaron posts "I bet they wouldn't have been that much if we had voted Remain". I'm still convinced that most of them don't realise he is taking the piss!
truthseeker

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms