DS & AV Forum Thread #127

A right load of bollocks...

Re: DS & AV Forum Thread #127

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:48 pm

Hi,

I'm the poster who was 'Outback' on digital spy. I'd been reading the forums for a few weeks before I joined. It was already clear to me that the vast number of posters on the GB News thread had made their minds up. I just wanted to make a few posts that went against the flow. One poster was trying to engage me in replying to him and seemed to take umbrage that I didn't answer. Reason was that I didn't want to get into a futile back and forth argument where no one's minds are changed and risk the moderators getting involved. I didn't swear or abuse anyone and was enjoying contributing across other threads (Darts, 5live, music games)

Last tuesday I replied to a thread that was discussing Angela Rayner. My point was that she hadn't properly answered the queries raised and that when Labour get in, there's going to be a lot more scrutiny on them and her supporters had to be aware of that. I then linked up the story about the BBC apologising for calling Reform 'far right'. Within 30 minutes I received this message from DS Support

'Due to a number of disruptive and unconstructive posts. Your account has been permanently banned in accordance with our Community Guidelines.'

Postby truthseeker » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:19 pm

Rich is comedy gold today on the Monarchy thread. Rusty makes the valid point that many on AVF seem totally obsessed with the Royal Family (referring mainly to the anti-monarchy posters). Rich replies that "obsession" is an odd word to use as that would imply an unhealthy mental state and he sees none of that here! Actually Rich, you've unwittingly hit the nail on the head there. The place is full of people who clearly have issues in that regard. Rusty is the one making calm, rational posts on the RF thread, yet he is looked upon as some weird, barking mad outlier. Absolutely hilarious! :laughing:
truthseeker

Postby IamtheWalrus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:40 pm

SissySpacek saying George always has a startled and bewildered look to him is WTF
IamtheWalrus

Postby truthseeker » Mon Mar 25, 2024 5:49 pm

Kojak wrote:
Guest wrote:Jesus wept the Brexit thread on AVF with the same old, same old whingers going on and on. Trawling random posts on x, bylines, guardian articles and yougov polls (full of lefty, right-on idle types) to post their truths and prove how thick everyone is apart from them.

#41448 Catholick and his tinned food gripe, Brexit is killing off fresh food. #41449 Brexit has killed off music.

#41453 Kris lamenting the loss of hallowed EU rules and regs keeping us all safe in our beds and he's looking forward to a Joe Lycett documentary - Jesus wept again. Does Kris ever read EU country newspapers and see they are fined left right and centre for failing to meet EU expectations.

#41467 - Catholick again. "Every Leave voter I know is perpetually angry." he wails in his perpetually angry manner. "Frustrated at how their life didn't work out well but unable to accept any blame for it. I feel they wanted the rest of us to be as miserable as they are," he continues to wail miserably.

Have a word with yourselves eh!!

Cath-o-lick red carded from Diane Abbot thread
VAR decision lol
:more beer:

Catholick now banned from the Cost of Living thread as well. He kept calling HMTB "Jeremy" just because he happened to agree with Jeremy Hunt on something. I'm not a Jeremy Hunt fan, but well done the mod who went against the herd and actually applied the rules.
truthseeker

Postby Iteats » Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:33 pm

Avf staff are going full Skynet, the members are the ones causing problems, solution ban all the members = no problems.
The advertisers and reviewers will be so pleased :canny:
Iteats

Postby Kojak » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:33 pm

Guest wrote:Hi,

I'm the poster who was 'Outback' on digital spy. I'd been reading the forums for a few weeks before I joined. It was already clear to me that the vast number of posters on the GB News thread had made their minds up. I just wanted to make a few posts that went against the flow. One poster was trying to engage me in replying to him and seemed to take umbrage that I didn't answer. Reason was that I didn't want to get into a futile back and forth argument where no one's minds are changed and risk the moderators getting involved. I didn't swear or abuse anyone and was enjoying contributing across other threads (Darts, 5live, music games)

Last tuesday I replied to a thread that was discussing Angela Rayner. My point was that she hadn't properly answered the queries raised and that when Labour get in, there's going to be a lot more scrutiny on them and her supporters had to be aware of that. I then linked up the story about the BBC apologising for calling Reform 'far right'. Within 30 minutes I received this message from DS Support

'Due to a number of disruptive and unconstructive posts. Your account has been permanently banned in accordance with our Community Guidelines.'

The group of nutters in the GBnews thread probably reported you en masse, polly_perkins, tanya, darren partridge, jimmydogfetishist2001 etc etc
DS has nasty little groupings in certain threads, spouting bile all day every day and getting posters banned.
Kojak

Postby truthseeker » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:12 pm

Aaron is running rings around them in the Brexit thread again. Rich and several others don't realise he is winding them up! :yess:
truthseeker

Postby Prim » Mon Mar 25, 2024 8:54 pm

truthseeker wrote:Aaron is running rings around them in the Brexit thread again. Rich and several others don't realise he is winding them up! :yess:

Bloody loving Aaron! He is hilarious on the Brexit thread but my favourite is #28159 on the cost of living thread where he points out a packet of value choccy biscuits has gone down and then mentions the salad bar CathoLick keeps moaning about. He's such a wind up merchant!!!
Prim

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:30 pm

Prim wrote:
truthseeker wrote:Aaron is running rings around them in the Brexit thread again. Rich and several others don't realise he is winding them up! :yess:

Bloody loving Aaron! He is hilarious on the Brexit thread but my favourite is #28159 on the cost of living thread where he points out a packet of value choccy biscuits has gone down and then mentions the salad bar CathoLick keeps moaning about. He's such a wind up merchant!!!

Their oversized heads are so far up their own and each other's arses they can't see it.
Beautiful

Postby IamtheWalrus » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:42 pm

I like how Richs German data tweet doesn't actually prove his point re Brexit.

What it shows is that Germany exports (sells) less goods to UK now than pre Brexit (a drop of 5%) but does sell significantly more 19-56% more to other EU Countries. This high German trade surplus was actually a contributory factor to the economic crisis, along with the Euro itself.

And as for imports - Germany is actually buying 1% less goods from the UK post Brexit - but is also buying 3% less from Belgium even though Belgium is in the EU
IamtheWalrus

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:52 pm

IamtheWalrus wrote:I like how Richs German data tweet doesn't actually prove his point re Brexit.

What it shows is that Germany exports (sells) less goods to UK now than pre Brexit (a drop of 5%) but does sell significantly more 19-56% more to other EU Countries. This high German trade surplus was actually a contributory factor to the economic crisis, along with the Euro itself.

And as for imports - Germany is actually buying 1% less goods from the UK post Brexit - but is also buying 3% less from Belgium even though Belgium is in the EU

no point hiding here saying this is there. who cares!! :flog:

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:54 pm

Prim wrote:

i think they do and the mods are onto him. he had posts removed last night and was warned

Postby Iteats » Tue Mar 26, 2024 1:22 pm

Brexit thread Avf
"weaviemx5 said:
There is no “remain”, we left the EU.
Aaronf
If closer ties to the EU is something that appeals to you, you need to be looking for that. I don’t think any candidates would reference ‘remain’ in campaigning.
That's it, a candidate who embodies wanting closer ties with the EU. That's what I'll be looking for in their election pledges and before I read their party manifesto."
Iteats

Postby truthseeker » Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:09 pm

Jurassic Mark, another conceited know it all who loves talking down to others. This on the AVF Assisted Dying thread. "And please don't tell me to google them because I'm fed up of telling people who don't know how debate works that it's not my job to seek evidence to support their claims. That's your job so if you fail to support what you're claiming to be the case then it's reasonable to assume it's baseless and as yet, there's no good reason to believe you".
truthseeker

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:54 pm

Iteats wrote:Brexit thread Avf
"weaviemx5 said:
There is no “remain”, we left the EU.
Aaronf
If closer ties to the EU is something that appeals to you, you need to be looking for that. I don’t think any candidates would reference ‘remain’ in campaigning.
That's it, a candidate who embodies wanting closer ties with the EU. That's what I'll be looking for in their election pledges and before I read their party manifesto."

Why have you quoted the two posts?

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms