Quiz, lets work the brain

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Quiz, lets work the brain

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:53 pm

QUIZ 8 - MORE CLUES

FILL IN THE BLANKS - LYRICS (EXTRA KUDOS IF YOU CAN NAME THE SONG & ARTIST)

4. Oh my God, look at that face / You look like my next BLANK (CLUE: song by Taylor Swift about a woman who likes dating multiple men and is looking to fill her calendar)

8. Always I know / You’ll be at my show / Watching, waiting BLANK (CLUE: Song by Blink 182 about little items)

11. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag / Drifting thought the wind / Wanting to BLANK BLANK (CLUE: Song by Katy Perry about what you go and see on Guy Fawkes night along with a bonfire)

12. Rule number two, don’t make the promise / If you can’t keep the deal then just be honest (just be honest) / I could never die, I’m BLANK BLANK (CLUE a song by Stormzy and the words are the name of a famous American actor and martial arts expert)

15. You have so many relationships in this life / Only one or two will last / You go through all the pain and strife / Then you turn your back and they’re BLANK BLANK BLANK (CLUE: song by Hanson, their only real hit but it was a massive one!)
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sun Mar 17, 2024 1:54 pm

Well done Holly & Toke - all correct!

Update quiz above, not many to go now...
Avon Barksdale

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:20 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:Well done Holly & Toke - all correct!

Update quiz above, not many to go now...

:thumbsup:

8) "Commiserating"...All The Small Things - Blink 182
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:33 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:QUIZ 8 - MORE CLUES

4. Oh my God, look at that face / You look like my next BLANK (CLUE: song by Taylor Swift about a woman who likes dating multiple men and is looking to fill her calendar)

8. Always I know / You’ll be at my show / Watching, waiting BLANK (CLUE: Song by Blink 182 about little items)

11. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag / Drifting thought the wind / Wanting to BLANK BLANK (CLUE: Song by Katy Perry about what you go and see on Guy Fawkes night along with a bonfire)

12. Rule number two, don’t make the promise / If you can’t keep the deal then just be honest (just be honest) / I could never die, I’m BLANK BLANK (CLUE a song by Stormzy and the words are the name of a famous American actor and martial arts expert)

15. You have so many relationships in this life / Only one or two will last / You go through all the pain and strife / Then you turn your back and they’re BLANK BLANK BLANK (CLUE: song by Hanson, their only real hit but it was a massive one!)

4. Slag

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:58 pm

@Toke - yep, well done on getting Q8 right. I will update the quiz in a bit.

@Guest - LOL, the answer to Q4 is not slag. Good try I guess.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:05 pm

QUIZ 8 - MORE CLUES

4. Oh my God, look at that face / You look like my next BLANK (CLUE: song by Taylor Swift about a woman who likes dating multiple men and is looking to fill her calendar. Another memorial line in the song goes "Got a long list of ex-lovers, They'll tell you I'm insane, 'Cause you know I love the players, And you love the game)

12. Rule number two, don’t make the promise / If you can’t keep the deal then just be honest (just be honest) / I could never die, I’m BLANK BLANK (CLUE a song by Stormzy and the words are the name of a famous American actor and martial arts expert. The famous actor appeared in "Walker, Texas Ranger" and "Delta Force")

15. You have so many relationships in this life / Only one or two will last / You go through all the pain and strife / Then you turn your back and they’re gone BLANK BLANK (CLUE: song by Hanson, their only real hit but it was a massive one!)[/quote]
Avon Barksdale

Postby Gabby » Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:20 am

Difficult one this, Avon :NAA: … unless it’s a favourite or familiar song it ain’t that easy! :again?:

How about you now fill in all the remaining BLANKS and let’s move on!! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:05 pm

Gabby wrote:Difficult one this, Avon :NAA: … unless it’s a favourite or familiar song it ain’t that easy! :again?:

How about you now fill in all the remaining BLANKS and let’s move on!! :thumbsup:

Yeah, fair play.

I thought this would be easier than the other quizzes but turned out the opposite was true! I will fill in the blanks and on to the next quiz.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm

QUIZ 8

4. Oh my God, look at that face / You look like my next MISTAKE (Blank Space by Taylor Swift)

11. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag / Drifting thought the wind / Wanting to START AGAIN (Firework - Katy Perry)

12. Rule number two, don’t make the promise / If you can’t keep the deal then just be honest (just be honest) / I could never die, I'm CHUCK NORRIS (Vossi Bop - Stormzy)

15. You have so many relationships in this life / Only one or two will last / You go through all the pain and strife / Then you turn your back and they’re gone SO FAST (Mmm Bop - Hanson)
Avon Barksdale

Postby Iteats » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:09 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
Gabby wrote:Difficult one this, Avon :NAA: … unless it’s a favourite or familiar song it ain’t that easy! :again?:

Yeah, fair play.

I thought this would be easier than the other quizzes but turned out the opposite was true! I will fill in the blanks and on to the next quiz.

Surprised no one has mentioned Chuck Norris yet
Iteats

Postby Avon Barksdale » Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:10 pm

Iteats wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:

Yeah, fair play.

Surprised no one has mentioned Chuck Norris yet

Me too!
Avon Barksdale

Postby матрёшка » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:50 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:QUIZ 8

4. Oh my God, look at that face / You look like my next MISTAKE (Blank Space by Taylor Swift)

11. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag / Drifting thought the wind / Wanting to START AGAIN (Firework - Katy Perry)

12. Rule number two, don’t make the promise / If you can’t keep the deal then just be honest (just be honest) / I could never die, I'm CHUCK NORRIS (Vossi Bop - Stormzy)

15. You have so many relationships in this life / Only one or two will last / You go through all the pain and strife / Then you turn your back and they’re gone SO FAST (Mmm Bop - Hanson)

I think you've missed number 14, Avon.
The word is tears, and it's from Babooshka.by Kate Bush.
матрёшка

Postby Avon Barksdale » Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:32 pm

матрёшка wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:QUIZ 8

I think you've missed number 14, Avon.
The word is tears, and it's from Babooshka.by Kate Bush.

You're quite right Guest. I must have taken 14 out by mistake when I updated the quiz.

Well done on getting the right answer for a great song!
Avon Barksdale

Postby Holly » Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:03 pm

QUIZ 9

WORLD CAPITALS AND COUNTRY

eg. Varunt isaeani = Vienna Austria

​1) Teacher Genes

2) Inborn Tableau

3) Rye Glib Manner

4) Answer Nerd Blitz

5) Bars A Nuclear Tiara

6) Toddlers A-Bunching

7) Joan’s Staircase Co

8) Cold Weeks Months
Holly
Site Admin

Postby urbes magnae » Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:53 pm

Holly wrote:QUIZ 9

WORLD CAPITALS AND COUNTRY

eg. Varunt isaeani = Vienna Austria

​1) Teacher Genes

2) Inborn Tableau

3) Rye Glib Manner

4) Answer Nerd Blitz

5) Bars A Nuclear Tiara

6) Toddlers A-Bunching

7) Joan’s Staircase Co

8) Cold Weeks Months

I'll start things off with this quartet.

1. Athens (Greece)
3. Berlin (Germany)
4. Bern (Switzerland)
8. Stockholm (Sweden)
urbes magnae

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms