Quiz, lets work the brain

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Quiz, lets work the brain

Postby Guest » Sun Mar 10, 2024 4:11 pm

Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
Holly wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:Well done so far Guest, Holly & Gabby.

I thought these were pretty tough so you are getting through them quicker than I thought. I've updated the quiz with some clues to help with the harder quotes...

@Holly - you were close enough so I allowed it!

Oi, I wasn't just close, I had it right.
It was Cher's son Chaz (daughter back then) whose quote that was, not Cher's, right?
Read it again.
Ok, so misspelled Cher's name, I called her Chair, big deal :gigglesnshit:
But I still think I had it right :snooty:

Your challenge has been reviewed by VAR and I confirm the correct answer remains as Cher. The quizmaster's decision is final.

The right answer definitely isn't Chair.

But the right answer wasn't Chair, or Cher anyway, I never said it was, it was Chaz, just like I said :woteva:
But OK, I suppose I grudgingly have to take the quiz masters decision as being final :grrrrr:

He’s being pedantic Holly, but, as the quizmaster, that is his right :thumbsup:

On a separate note, the clues aren’t really helping, they’re so vague.

Cut us some slack please Avon.

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:16 pm

QUIZ 7

FAMOUS QUOTES

WHO SAID THE FOLLOWING:

1. ‘I’ll finally get to see Marilyn.’ ✔ Joe DiMaggio

2. ‘If you go home with somebody, and they don’t have books, don’t f*ck ’em!’ CLUE: American film maker known for having a pencil thin moustache and for making cult films (such as Hairspray.) His surname rhymes with daughters...

3. 'If you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.’ ✔ Marilyn Monroe

4. ‘I knew what my job was, it was to go out and meet the people and love them.’ ✔ Princess Diana

5. ‘It is every parent’s dream to outlive their children.’ ✔ Homer Simpson

6. ‘Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.’ CLUE: a poet. A really good one. His surname is the same as best friend of someone who wanted to phone home.

7. ‘That’s the great thing about Catholicism. It’s so vague and no one really knows what it’s about.’✔ Father Ted

8. ‘My mom said to me, “You know, sweetheart, one day you should settle down and marry a rich man”. I said, “Mom, I am a rich man.”‘ ✔ Cher

9. ‘Whoever is happy will make others happy too.’ CLUE: Wrote an inspiring but heartbreaking wartime diary

10. ‘I am gay. I am broke as sh*t.’- CLUE: star of a viral Netflix show about someone who loved big cats
Avon Barksdale

Postby Holly » Mon Mar 11, 2024 7:46 am

9) Anne Frank ?
10) Joe Exotic
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Mar 11, 2024 9:27 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:QUIZ 7

FAMOUS QUOTES

WHO SAID THE FOLLOWING:

2. ‘If you go home with somebody, and they don’t have books, don’t f*ck ’em!’ CLUE: American film maker known for having a pencil thin moustache and for making cult films (such as Hairspray.) His surname rhymes with daughters...

3. 'If you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.’ ✔ Marilyn Monroe

4. ‘I knew what my job was, it was to go out and meet the people and love them.’ ✔ Princess Diana

6. ‘Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.’ CLUE: a poet. A really good one. His surname is the same as best friend of someone who wanted to phone home.

7. ‘That’s the great thing about Catholicism. It’s so vague and no one really knows what it’s about.’✔ Father Ted

8. ‘My mom said to me, “You know, sweetheart, one day you should settle down and marry a rich man”. I said, “Mom, I am a rich man.”‘ ✔ Cher

9. ‘Whoever is happy will make others happy too.’ CLUE: Wrote an inspiring but heartbreaking wartime diary

10. ‘I am gay. I am broke as sh*t.’- CLUE: star of a viral Netflix show about someone who loved big cats

2. John Waters
6. TS Eliot?
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:27 am

QUIZ 7 - COMPLETED! (Shoutout to Toke - didn't think anyone was getting 2 & 6 so well done!)

FAMOUS QUOTES

WHO SAID THE FOLLOWING:

2. ‘If you go home with somebody, and they don’t have books, don’t f*ck ’em!’ ✔ John Waters

6. ‘Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.’ ✔ T S Eliot

9. ‘Whoever is happy will make others happy too.’✔ Anne Frank

10. ‘‘I am gay. I am broke as sh*t.’ ✔ Joe Exotic
Avon Barksdale

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:44 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:QUIZ 7 - COMPLETED! (Shoutout to Toke - didn't think anyone was getting 2 & 6 so well done!)

FAMOUS QUOTES

WHO SAID THE FOLLOWING:

2. ‘If you go home with somebody, and they don’t have books, don’t f*ck ’em!’ ✔ John Waters

6. ‘Anxiety is the handmaiden of creativity.’ ✔ T S Eliot

9. ‘Whoever is happy will make others happy too.’✔ Anne Frank

10. ‘‘I am gay. I am broke as sh*t.’ ✔ Joe Exotic

It was your clues that did it for me! Good quiz, thanks Avon :thumbsup:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:54 pm

QUIZ 8

FILL IN THE BLANKS - LYRICS (EXTRA KUDOS IF YOU CAN NAME THE SONG & ARTIST)

1. ‘Cause this is thriller, thriller night / And no one’s gonna save you from the BLANK about to strike

2. Oh baby, baby, I shouldn’t have let you go / And now you’re out of BLANK, yeah

3. Up in the club (club) / Just broke up (up) / I’m doing my own BLANK BLANK

4. Oh my God, look at that face / You look like my next BLANK

5. No, I don’t want to meet you nowhere (No, no) / No, I don’t want none of your BLANK

6. Daddy, daddy if you could only see / Just how good he’s been treating me / You’d give it some BLANK right now

7. I was working part time in a five-and-dime / My boss was Mr. McGee / He told me several times that he didn’t like my kind /‘Cause I was a bit too BLANK

8. Always I know / You’ll be at my show / Watching, waiting BLANK

9. And it’s so, it’s so sad to think that she don’t see what I see / But every time she asks me “BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK?”

10. I want your ugly, I want your disease / I want your everything as long as it’s BLANK

11. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag / Drifting thought the wind / Wanting to BLANK BLANK

12. Rule number two, don’t make the promise / If you can’t keep the deal then just be honest (just be honest) / I could never die, I’m BLANK BLANK

13. It’s strange but it’s true, yeah / I can’t get over the way you love me like you do / But I have to be sure / When I BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK

14. She sent him scented letters / And he received them with a strange delight / Just like his wife / But how she was before the BLANK

15. You have so many relationships in this life / Only one or two will last / You go through all the pain and strife / Then you turn your back and they’re BLANK BLANK BLANK

16. Don’t you ever say I just walked away / I will always BLANK BLANK
Avon Barksdale

Postby Avon Barksdale » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:55 pm

I won't accept any subordination in this quiz. NONE (looking at you, Holly...)
Avon Barksdale

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:31 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:QUIZ 8

FILL IN THE BLANKS - LYRICS (EXTRA KUDOS IF YOU CAN NAME THE SONG & ARTIST)

1. ‘Cause this is thriller, thriller night / And no one’s gonna save you from the BLANK about to strike

2. Oh baby, baby, I shouldn’t have let you go / And now you’re out of BLANK, yeah

3. Up in the club (club) / Just broke up (up) / I’m doing my own BLANK BLANK

4. Oh my God, look at that face / You look like my next BLANK

5. No, I don’t want to meet you nowhere (No, no) / No, I don’t want none of your BLANK

6. Daddy, daddy if you could only see / Just how good he’s been treating me / You’d give it some BLANK right now

7. I was working part time in a five-and-dime / My boss was Mr. McGee / He told me several times that he didn’t like my kind /‘Cause I was a bit too BLANK

8. Always I know / You’ll be at my show / Watching, waiting BLANK

9. And it’s so, it’s so sad to think that she don’t see what I see / But every time she asks me “BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK?”

10. I want your ugly, I want your disease / I want your everything as long as it’s BLANK

11. Do you ever feel like a plastic bag / Drifting thought the wind / Wanting to BLANK BLANK

12. Rule number two, don’t make the promise / If you can’t keep the deal then just be honest (just be honest) / I could never die, I’m BLANK BLANK

13. It’s strange but it’s true, yeah / I can’t get over the way you love me like you do / But I have to be sure / When I BLANK BLANK BLANK BLANK

14. She sent him scented letters / And he received them with a strange delight / Just like his wife / But how she was before the BLANK

15. You have so many relationships in this life / Only one or two will last / You go through all the pain and strife / Then you turn your back and they’re BLANK BLANK BLANK

16. Don’t you ever say I just walked away / I will always BLANK BLANK

1) 'Beast'...Thriller - Michael Jackson
2) 'Sight'...Baby One More Time - Britney Spears
10) 'Free'...Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
13) 'Walk Out That Door'...I Want To Break Free - Queen
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:19 am

Is 16 Whitney Houston written by Dolly Parton?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:21 am

Is 7 American Pie?

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:40 am

Number 10 I’m singing in my head, I bloody well know this, but the answer is avoiding me :grrrrr:
I think it’s a rock number

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:43 am

It’s lady gaga! That did my nut in!

Postby Holly » Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:25 am

Avon Barksdale wrote:I won't accept any subordination in this quiz. NONE (looking at you, Holly...)

Can you rephrase that please?
I don't understand English legal mumbo jumbo :snooty:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Tue Mar 12, 2024 7:20 am

Guest wrote:It’s lady gaga! That did my nut in!

If you'd read my post, a few above yours, you'd have seen it was Lady Gaga and then your nut would've been absolutely fine :mrgreen:
Toke 'n' gesture

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms