TV chat, what are you watching? #6

A right load of bollocks...

Re: TV chat, what are you watching? #6

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:49 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
I'm two episodes in. It's unbelievable what they went through. I imagine your tears were for the Bob, the black officer? I think he's going to come off worse, for doing absolutely fuck all. Poor man.

After 2 eps, it get worse before it gets better :bawlin: Its an emotional roller coaster.
Junglejayne

Postby Middens » Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:44 pm

Ripley. I like Andrew Scott but it's not a patch on the Matt Damon/Jude Law movie version. Plus the black and white seems a bit pretentious as it feels like it's been filmed in colour then processed to B & W.
Middens

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:51 am

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
I'm two episodes in. It's unbelievable what they went through. I imagine your tears were for the Bob, the black officer? I think he's going to come off worse, for doing absolutely fuck all. Poor man.

After 2 eps, it get worse before it gets better :bawlin: Its an emotional roller coaster.

I'll watch episode 3 today - i'll let you know how i get on!
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Pest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:56 am

Why hasn’t anyone watched, and commented on, Baby Reindeer?
Pest

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:27 pm

Pest wrote:Why hasn’t anyone watched, and commented on, Baby Reindeer?

You get the ball rolling!

Personally, I won't be seeing it as I don't have Netflix.
Junglejayne

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:21 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Pest wrote:Why hasn’t anyone watched, and commented on, Baby Reindeer?

You get the ball rolling!

Personally, I won't be seeing it as I don't have Netflix.

It’s the top rated show this year, an absolute must see.
In the pub it’s a big topic of conversation and hilarity.
It’s mental.

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 pm

I'm too young to have experienced Horrible Histories when it first aired :gigglesnshit:

But its quite funny, brilliant team, great writing and music which would have gone over the heads of its supposed target audience.

Junglejayne

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:48 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Finished. I knew the black officer was going to come off worse :bawlin: What a fucking travesty that was.

They were friends until the end though, which i thought was great :wubbers:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:03 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Finished. I knew the black officer was going to come off worse :bawlin: What a fucking travesty that was.

Thats the bit that made me cry, the friendship and how the white one tried to protect the black one in prison even thought it had to be from a distance. All those years he spent inside for aiding a murder which the alleged murderer was cleared of. Beggars belief.

That snivelling disgrace of a judge. The nerve to appear to defend his clearly flawed decision! :grrrrr:
Junglejayne

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Mon Apr 29, 2024 9:38 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Thats the bit that made me cry, the friendship and how the white one tried to protect the black one in prison even thought it had to be from a distance. All those years he spent inside for aiding a murder which the alleged murderer was cleared of. Beggars belief.

That snivelling disgrace of a judge. The nerve to appear to defend his clearly flawed decision! :grrrrr:

Understandable really, it was very emotionally charged. Their friendship really was amazing.

That judge, what an absolute cunt of a man. They were all corrupt, that's the only explanation.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Junglejayne » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:12 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Understandable really, it was very emotionally charged. Their friendship really was amazing.

That judge, what an absolute cunt of a man. They were all corrupt, that's the only explanation.

Worth the 4 hours?
Junglejayne

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:21 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Worth the 4 hours?

Definitely! Thanks again for the recommendation JJ :thumbsup:

We started that Natalia Grace documentary last night, have you seen it? It's quite bizarre, and the adoptive father is so over the top, a very unhinged person, and definitely has a screw loose.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Junglejayne » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:43 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Worth the 4 hours?

We started that Natalia Grace documentary last night, have you seen it? It's quite bizarre, and the adoptive father is so over the top, a very unhinged person, and definitely has a screw loose.

I saw it last year I think. The father is as you say suffering with some sort of mental health issue, the mother sounds like a complete bitch too but I don't think she features in the doc to defend herself. IIRC I still didn't think I knew Natalias age at the end of it, very convoluted web of intrigue. :dunno:
Junglejayne

Postby Cactus Jack » Wed May 01, 2024 8:41 pm

I'm really looking forward to The Tattooist of Auschwitz starting tomorrow.

The book was fantastic and I'm not sure if a moving image will be able to capture the tension and the emotion in that way the novel did but it was a brilliant novel and I hope they're able to do it justice.
Cactus Jack

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Thu May 02, 2024 6:46 pm

Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Junglejayne wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Worth the 4 hours?

I saw it last year I think. The father is as you say suffering with some sort of mental health issue, the mother sounds like a complete bitch too but I don't think she features in the doc to defend herself. IIRC I still didn't think I knew Natalias age at the end of it, very convoluted web of intrigue. :dunno:

He's off his trolley :off head:

We're on series 2 now, Natalia Speaks, she's 22 really i think it said.
Toke 'n' gesture

PreviousNext

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms