Favourite moments on dogs ?

A right load of bollocks...

Re: Favourite moments on dogs ?

Postby guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:09 am

Can someone please explain how this site came to be called "the sleeping dogs" and the origin and history of that fantastic image of that cute puppy in some sort of nappy laying on its back. Thank you.

Postby HobbitFeet » Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 am

guest wrote:Can someone please explain how this site came to be called "the sleeping dogs" and the origin and history of that fantastic image of that cute puppy in some sort of nappy laying on its back. Thank you.

nappy? :yikes:

what the frig are you looking at
HobbitFeet
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:08 am

HobbitFeet wrote:
guest wrote:Can someone please explain how this site came to be called "the sleeping dogs" and the origin and history of that fantastic image of that cute puppy in some sort of nappy laying on its back. Thank you.

nappy? :yikes:

what the frig are you looking at

Guest must have had a few sherberts :gigglesnshit:
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:01 pm

It was made in homage to the original Sleeping Dogs site that was hosted on Forumotion back in the day, free hosting and adverts as well as brigading complaints as should be expected during a forum war. Shine admin'd me and handed over the founder account a short while after I joined, complaints hit with a three week take down notice from the hosts so I started the site here, cleared the old site only for Shine to take it back over after he got banned from here within a week.

Hectic days.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby guest » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:03 pm

Not a nappy but a purple band around the puppies waist. Thanks for the info. Cutest picture I have seen with Texts puppy avatar being second.

Postby Holly » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:31 pm

guest wrote:Not a nappy but a purple band around the puppies waist. Thanks for the info. Cutest picture I have seen with Texts puppy avatar being second.

That "purple band" is it's pink tummy :gigglesnshit:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:28 am

Stooo wrote:

It was made in homage to the original Sleeping Dogs site that was hosted on Forumotion back in the day, free hosting and adverts as well as brigading complaints as should be expected during a forum war. Shine admin'd me and handed over the founder account a short while after I joined, complaints hit with a three week take down notice from the hosts so I started the site here, cleared the old site only for Shine to take it back over after he got banned from here within a week.

Hectic days.

But was any of it actually worth it?

Postby Junglejayne » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:29 am

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Hectic days.

Yes! Some of us love this little corner :snooty:
Junglejayne

Postby Stooo » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:14 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Hectic days.

God yes.
Stooo
Site Admin

Previous

Return to The Sleeping Dogs' Arms