Dogs Arms Covid-19 Thread *Sticky* Part VI

Big Threads

Re: Dogs Arms Covid-19 Thread *Sticky* Part VI

Postby Red Okktober » Sat May 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:Yes - that's strange isn't it?

Suddenly 'civil rights' out trump social distancing.
Red Okktober

Postby common sense » Sat May 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Middens wrote:
common sense wrote:No.10 has just announced that full Commons sittings, assume without SD, will re-commence on 1st June and Boris hopes we'll be virtually "back to normal" by late July. Sounds good but we still have to observe the lockdown he says or it'll be longer still.

I wonder if they'll fill the Lords up too. :yikes:

Nah, too old. They'd be dropping like flies. :pmsl:
common sense

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sat May 16, 2020 10:45 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
xtras1 wrote:of course they are trained, but you have to remember the police will & have as we have seen since when? use any force which will be seen as reasonable, even though you know & i know it isn't.

Well, yeah. That is true but there is now an objective element to whether force is reasonable so they don't get to be thugs in uniforms if they fancy it.

as i say it isn't the majority.. i can't see a solution tbh.

Think that's one of the reasons for the use of body cams - it helps root out the bad apples.

Might have mentioned before that I read "Kill The Black One First" which is the autobiography of Michael Fuller who was the UK's first black Chief Constable. It's an inspiring story but mad what he had to overcome.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat May 16, 2020 10:45 pm

Raggamuffin wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I have no sympathy for him. I was hoping people would ignore this call for a mass gathering, but of course loads of dickheads went to it.

He's being portrayed as a victim because he may have suffered a mild dead leg at worst whilst resisting arrest.

I don't see that many condemning him for being there in the first place though.

Yes - that's strange isn't it?

I just heard that he wasn't part of the protest, he just went out to buy a lava lamp!
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:46 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:I have no sympathy for him. I was hoping people would ignore this call for a mass gathering, but of course loads of dickheads went to it.

He's being portrayed as a victim because he may have suffered a mild dead leg at worst whilst resisting arrest.

I just heard that he wasn't part of the protest, he just went out to buy a lava lamp!

oh no! :laughing:
xtras1

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat May 16, 2020 10:50 pm

common sense wrote:No.10 has just announced that full Commons sittings, assume without SD, will re-commence on 1st June and Boris hopes we'll be virtually "back to normal" by late July. Sounds good but we still have to observe the lockdown he says or it'll be longer still.

Yes, because Boris needs the backup, without the jeering from the numpties the head numpty looks even more incompetent.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat May 16, 2020 10:51 pm

xtras1 wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
Raggamuffin wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:

oh no! :laughing:

:gigglesnshit:
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 16, 2020 10:52 pm

Avon Barksdale wrote:
xtras1 wrote:
Avon Barksdale wrote:
xtras1 wrote:of course they are trained, but you have to remember the police will & have as we have seen since when? use any force which will be seen as reasonable, even though you know & i know it isn't.

Well, yeah. That is true but there is now an objective element to whether force is reasonable so they don't get to be thugs in uniforms if they fancy it.

as i say it isn't the majority.. i can't see a solution tbh.

Think that's one of the reasons for the use of body cams - it helps root out the bad apples.

Might have mentioned before that I read "Kill The Black One First" which is the autobiography of Michael Fuller who was the UK's first black Chief Constable. It's an inspiring story but mad what he had to overcome.

but i feel those body cams they can talk there way out of certain things... i dunno
as i said i understand the stress police are under... i mean a bloody lockdown implemented by our government and this lot decide to protest, can you imagine.

yes the minority of police will use unreasonable force as seen on this occasion i do feel the fella was going for the oscar as the crowd & photographs turned up. :ooer:

no i don't recall you mentioning that... i will certainly look it up.
xtras1

Postby common sense » Sat May 16, 2020 10:54 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

Yes, because Boris needs the backup, without the jeering from the numpties the head numpty looks even more incompetent.

Must say it's not the same with just a handful of MP's there.
common sense

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sat May 16, 2020 10:58 pm

common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

I wonder how many MPs will actually turn up for sittings?

I guess it's going to show who is really loyal to Boris on the Conservative side at least.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Sat May 16, 2020 11:00 pm

common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

But it does show how incompetent he is, and how he blatantly lies. Shame it can't stay like it is for the foreseeable.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby xtras1 » Sat May 16, 2020 11:01 pm

common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

yet they want schools to open.... staff to get back to school while they do what :dunno:
xtras1

Postby common sense » Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:
common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

But it does show how incompetent he is, and how he blatantly lies. Shame it can't stay like it is for the foreseeable.

Sorry but as his No.1 fan I have to disagree with you that he lies and is incompetent.
common sense

Postby common sense » Sat May 16, 2020 11:03 pm

xtras1 wrote:
common sense wrote:
Toke 'n' gesture wrote:

yet they want schools to open.... staff to get back to school while they do what :dunno:

Run the country, make laws. etc etc
common sense

Postby Avon Barksdale » Sat May 16, 2020 11:04 pm

Actually how is a full sitting supposed to work?

It's an awful example to set if MPs are packed onto the benches like sardines. Hardly a Covid-19 safe workplace is it?
Avon Barksdale

Previous

Return to The Archive