Random Stuff # 32

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff # 32

Postby Text » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:31 pm

Cobs wrote:
Text wrote:What is there to ''explain'' tho, Cobster??

Get a notepad, toss 2 coins and record the results. You will eventually approach the frequencies -

Two heads - 25%
One head, one tail - 50%
Two tails - 25%

If you are told one of two spins was a head the probability the other was a head is one third. (25%/75%)

It's a variant of the Monty Hall problem and has bamboozled greater minds than you or me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem#Vos_Savant_and_the_media_furor

That's not what he asked us, luv.
Originally he said you saw the boy first and asked the chances of seeing another boy next.
But in his explanations he said you saw them in no particular order -which is also what the video guy was saying.
Read back, you'll see how he changed tack!

And btw if ever a puzzle needed no diagrams, this was it.
It's just as straightforward to write BB/GB/GG etc etc as it is to make drawings depicting BG/GB/GG etc.
It's like posting a smiley which says 'LOL' when it's just as quick to say 'LOL' in print.

But fair fucks to him, I think he gave us all food for thought. LOL.
Text

Postby Bessie » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:43 pm

.SF. wrote:
Bessie wrote:
.SF. wrote:
Bessie wrote:
.SF. wrote:For head or tail substitute red or green.

What you're suggesting is a red golf ball and a green football is exactly the same as a green golf ball and a red football. I don't think they're one and the same thing.

That analogy doesn't work as you've introduced two colours and two balls.

Yes I have, in the same way there's the head/tail option (two options) and two coins. Why do you think it's a false analogy?

take yet another analogy as was suggested by text that heads or tails, male or female is a binary option. Replace heads by binary '1' and tails by binary '0'.

You have two coins side by side. One of the possible configurations is the left hand coin is heads and the right hand coin is tails. You can represent that as binary 10. A second possible configuration is the left hand coin is tails and the right hand coin is heads. You can represent that as binary 01. Can you explain why 10 is the same as 01, as in effect that's what you're saying?

The two coins are the same.

The two balls aren't as one is a golf ball and one is a football.

Seriously, how are you not getting that?

When you say the two coins are the same what do you mean by that? Let's say one's a 5p, the other a 50p. In what way then are they same?

The value of the coins are irrelevant. Coins have heads or tails regardless.
Bessie

Postby .SF. » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:27 am

Text wrote:
Cobs wrote:
Text wrote:What is there to ''explain'' tho, Cobster??

Get a notepad, toss 2 coins and record the results. You will eventually approach the frequencies -

Two heads - 25%
One head, one tail - 50%
Two tails - 25%

If you are told one of two spins was a head the probability the other was a head is one third. (25%/75%)

It's a variant of the Monty Hall problem and has bamboozled greater minds than you or me.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monty_Hall_problem#Vos_Savant_and_the_media_furor

That's not what he asked us, luv.
Originally he said you saw the boy first and asked the chances of seeing another boy next.
But in his explanations he said you saw them in no particular order -which is also what the video guy was saying.
Read back, you'll see how he changed tack!

And btw if ever a puzzle needed no diagrams, this was it.
It's just as straightforward to write BB/GB/GG etc etc as it is to make drawings depicting BG/GB/GG etc.
It's like posting a smiley which says 'LOL' when it's just as quick to say 'LOL' in print.

But fair fucks to him, I think he gave us all food for thought. LOL.

A boy appearing at a door or window can only tell you there's at least one boy in the house. If there's at least one boy the probability of two boys is 1/3 as Cobs has shown.
.SF.

Postby Stooo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:45 pm

I got a new bank card last month and an email from Netflix just now asking for updated card details, nope. TV licensing will be next and they can go and take a flying fuck as well. I'm keeping my Amazon Prime and my Spotify, the rest can go to hell! :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Guest » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:26 pm

Karen
Middle aged woman, typically blonde, makes solutions to others' problems an inconvenience to her although she isn't even remotely affected.
Karen sues the local city council after they installed a new STOP sign that hides the sun from her window for two minutes a day. The sign was installed after a school boy on his bicycle was hit by a speeding driver and died.

Karen refuses to wear a face mask for her 5 minute trip to the supermarket during a pandemic. She harasses the workers, asks to see the manager and threatens to sue.

Karen complains that her favorite parking spot was replaced by a ramp for wheel chairs. She parks her car in the old spot anyway and shoots a vlog about it.

YUCK!

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Guest wrote:Karen
Middle aged woman, typically blonde, makes solutions to others' problems an inconvenience to her although she isn't even remotely affected.
Karen sues the local city council after they installed a new STOP sign that hides the sun from her window for two minutes a day. The sign was installed after a school boy on his bicycle was hit by a speeding driver and died.

Karen refuses to wear a face mask for her 5 minute trip to the supermarket during a pandemic. She harasses the workers, asks to see the manager and threatens to sue.

Karen complains that her favorite parking spot was replaced by a ramp for wheel chairs. She parks her car in the old spot anyway and shoots a vlog about it.

YUCK!

Please link your quoted comments guest.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Stooo » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:31 pm

Why are tractors so fucking massive?
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:56 pm

What a depressing day!
Been in Towyn just outside Rhyl home of thousands of tightly packed statics housing the Mancs Brummies Scousers and Jocks on their summer holidays.
All shaved heads beer bellies and sports wear .... and that's the women who outdo the guys these days for their fuck this fuck that and fuck yooooos!
The occasional sound of a slap and a screech and you ya little cunt at the children who run around shouting similar stuff at each other.
Dogs .... dogs with muscles and teeth snarling at each other as their owners pass each other flashing as much tattooed flesh as possible.
Lose wobbling flesh mostly.
If aliens arrive there they'll abort the landing and bugger off back home.
Home to Tir Prince Market Tir Prince amusement park and Tir Prince race track.
Rides bars arcades burgers.
Lots of money being made but the people .... oh my God the people!
Rolluplostinspace

Postby Holly » Wed Jul 22, 2020 1:46 pm

Shit...how would any of you react? I'm not sure if I could be that calm. That girls has nerves of steel.

Holly
Site Admin

Postby drum » Wed Jul 22, 2020 3:40 pm

Holly wrote:Shit...how would any of you react? I'm not sure if I could be that calm. That girls has nerves of steel.

O.M.G :thud:

That's probably common where they are, notice them all standing still so as not to trigger the bear. I'd have peed my pants already :ooer: :yikes:
drum

Postby Toke 'n' gesture » Wed Jul 22, 2020 9:12 pm

Had tyres replaced on Saturday morning, then took my car over to my aunt's house until the CCTV was fitted, picked it back up today.

When the PIR light is triggered my driveway lights up like Blackpool illuminations! Let the fuckers mess with my car again and it'll be - say cheese for the cameras scumbag.
Toke 'n' gesture

Postby xtras1 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 10:03 pm

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Had tyres replaced on Saturday morning, then took my car over to my aunt's house until the CCTV was fitted, picked it back up today.

When the PIR light is triggered my driveway lights up like Blackpool illuminations! Let the fuckers mess with my car again and it'll be - say cheese for the cameras scumbag.

at least with the PIR light you will have peace of mind plus the CCTV, sad to have to live like that, but alas one has too,

i love that programme caught on camera the things you see on cctv :yikes:
xtras1

Postby drum » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:39 am

Toke 'n' gesture wrote:Had tyres replaced on Saturday morning, then took my car over to my aunt's house until the CCTV was fitted, picked it back up today.

I hope everything keeps quiet for you now, but no doubt those losers will see the lights as a challenge. Baseball bat behind the door :thumbsup:
drum

Postby Gabby » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:56 pm

Fucks sake Stooo.... my thread binned already?... no doubt by her that controls you :roll: .... get a grip, grow some ffs! :shame:
Gabby

Postby Guest » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:58 pm

Gabby wrote:Fucks sake Stooo.... my thread binned already?... no doubt by her that controls you :roll: .... get a grip ffs! :shame:

Why assume anyone controls anyone? That may be true in your world but not everyone’s.

Previous

Return to The Archive