Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Big Threads

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:55 pm

wutang wrote:
Ali wrote:Wu, he didn't jail her because she didn't turn up once, he jailed her after she didn't turn up the second time even after saying she would.

And the reason she didnt turn up the second time (which was the next day) was for the same reason she didnt turn up the first time - the trauma and distress she was going through. Its doesnt take an idiot to say 'this woman is in distress lets not make this worse by jailing her for a week. Lets show some fucking humanity on this one'.

Ali wrote:I bet the whole debacle gave the defendant a great laugh

So not only is the victim at fault for being pyschologically scared, distressed, and feeling unable to take the stand, after a horrific injury, but she is guilty of giving the attacker a laugh. Talk about victim blaming.

But the defendents biggest laugh was for the 15month sentence!!!!!!!! this after blagging his way through one trial, and attempted to do the same in the second (until this brave woman decided to take the stand) with the defense 'this bitch stabbed herself', before turning round and saying' LOL, only joking. I plunged that knife into her. 'Unlawful wounding' your honour'. Not much contempt there I see. What Judge gave that sentence - when he could have dished out 5 years? oh yeah the same one who jailed this woman for contempt

Wutang, she had a warrant against her, is it called a suphoena or something like that? She was obliged to appear whether she wanted to or not. She was jailed for ignoring a legal order to appear in court.

5 years or so ago Wu I was a witness in a murder trial. As it turned out the prosecution accepted a manslaughter plea a couple of weeks before the trial was due to go ahead so giving evidence wasn't necessary, but I do recall the letter from the courts basically ordering me to appear to give evidence.
Ali

Postby oneruleforthem » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:27 am

Ali wrote:
wutang wrote:
Ali wrote:Wu, he didn't jail her because she didn't turn up once, he jailed her after she didn't turn up the second time even after saying she would.

And the reason she didnt turn up the second time (which was the next day) was for the same reason she didnt turn up the first time - the trauma and distress she was going through. Its doesnt take an idiot to say 'this woman is in distress lets not make this worse by jailing her for a week. Lets show some fucking humanity on this one'.

Ali wrote:I bet the whole debacle gave the defendant a great laugh

So not only is the victim at fault for being pyschologically scared, distressed, and feeling unable to take the stand, after a horrific injury, but she is guilty of giving the attacker a laugh. Talk about victim blaming.

But the defendents biggest laugh was for the 15month sentence!!!!!!!! this after blagging his way through one trial, and attempted to do the same in the second (until this brave woman decided to take the stand) with the defense 'this bitch stabbed herself', before turning round and saying' LOL, only joking. I plunged that knife into her. 'Unlawful wounding' your honour'. Not much contempt there I see. What Judge gave that sentence - when he could have dished out 5 years? oh yeah the same one who jailed this woman for contempt

Wutang, she had a warrant against her, is it called a suphoena or something like that? She was obliged to appear whether she wanted to or not. She was jailed for ignoring a legal order to appear in court.

5 years or so ago Wu I was a witness in a murder trial. As it turned out the prosecution accepted a manslaughter plea a couple of weeks before the trial was due to go ahead so giving evidence wasn't necessary, but I do recall the letter from the courts basically ordering me to appear to give evidence.

Strange how undercover cops can be excused appearing in court to give evidence and their statements can be used instead as in many drug cases yet this woman HAD to appear although her testimony had already been heard under oath once and they had her statements. Fucking farce!!!
oneruleforthem

Postby whatacrock » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:33 am

Ali wrote:
wutang wrote:
Ali wrote:
Postponing the case would have just prolonged the agony to be fair.

And arresting this poor woman deepened the agony. So not only did the judges stance cause further distress and agony, it resulted in sending a message that 'we (the courts) are hostile to domestic violence victims'

As the women said ‘Why would any ­woman go to the authorities and ask for help when they have to go through that?’

No Wutang, putting emotion aside here, the courts are hostile to people who are in contempt of it, which she was twice.

The problem is as I see it Wutang, how do we maintain the innocent until proven guilty ethos of this country without the victim of a crime being subjected to court and the questioning that goes with it.

The defendent is not guilty of anything until judgement is passed, so with that in mind how do we maintain the rights of both defendent and victim in the judicial process?

Do you remember the M25 stabbing, where Kenny Noye killed a young lad? Well, his girlfriend had to appear in court to give evidence against him and now she has NO life, she had to be given a new identity, move right away and never see her friends and family again but you seem to be au fait with that because she had to give her evidence at whatever cost, eh? There are plenty of other witnesses in the same situation as well but that's better than being in contempt of court isn't it.
whatacrock

Postby Cannydc » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:54 am

You appear to be condoning a vast increase in the practice of 'leaning on' witnesses so they don't testify, Whatacrock. That is the inevitable outcome should witnesses be allowed to avoid court appearances claiming stress or the like.

Frankly there is only one word for that attitude.

Whatacrock.
Cannydc

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:41 am

why was the trial halted why not just ajourned
slimy defence lawyer and thoughless judge prolly
was no need for a retrial
but seriously this isnt even the real travesty
you saw the wound she received
that is attempted murder
how in gods name did he get just 15 months
THATS FUCKING INSANITY
the CPS are more to blame frankly
it is a rotten out dated dinosaur like all our legal system
:monkey:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:38 am

Contempt of court, is the presumption that we have some regard for the court, the legal system, it's judges and the law itself.

For many decades now, all these things have been found wanting and contempt for them by the public isn't surprising.

If you have money and power, you can bend them all to suit you, if you are a criminal, you can use them to your own ends but if you are a victim - don't be surprised if the legal system holds the rights of those who sin against you far more highly than yours........... complain or make a stand about that and you do so at your own peril.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby tropfatigue » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:25 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:Contempt of court, is the presumption that we have some regard for the court, the legal system, it's judges and the law itself.

For many decades now, all these things have been found wanting and contempt for them by the public isn't surprising.

If you have money and power, you can bend them all to suit you, if you are a criminal, you can use them to your own ends but if you are a victim - don't be surprised if the legal system holds the rights of those who sin against you far more highly than yours........... complain or make a stand about that and you do so at your own peril.

Crock of shit.

It was nothing to do with being a victim and everything to do with being a witness.

You're more emotional than a Tart on the rag.

Get a grip.
tropfatigue

Postby Trapper John » Mon Jan 23, 2012 12:40 pm

tropfatigue wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:Contempt of court, is the presumption that we have some regard for the court, the legal system, it's judges and the law itself.

Crock of shit.

It was nothing to do with being a victim and everything to do with being a witness.

Get a grip.

I'm not just talking about this case specifically, the accused lawyers use this ploy all the time in the hope that they will intimidate the victim into just what happened and the courts are complicite with it.

Had the woman been dead, by the looks of her injuries she was lucky not to be, could she have given evidence then?.......self inflicted?...my arse.

You can hardly blame her anyway, the way things have been going lately with 'THE LAW' he could have stalked her and put an axe in her head, only then would 'THE LAW' have taken her fears seriously.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Daniel Morgan » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:04 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
tropfatigue wrote:

Crock of shit.

Get a grip.

I'm not just talking about this case specifically, the accused lawyers use this ploy all the time in the hope that they will intimidate the victim into just what happened and the courts are complicite with it.

Had the woman been dead, by the looks of her injuries she was lucky not to be, could she have given evidence then?.......self inflicted?...my arse.

You can hardly blame her anyway, the way things have been going lately with 'THE LAW' he could have stalked her and put an axe in her head, only then would 'THE LAW' have taken her fears seriously.

You think an axe in the head means the police will investigate the case? :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:

Are you for fucking real?

So when a PI tells the News of the World he has some info about police corruption.
He then is told to meet the journalist at a pub in SE London.
The PI gets an axe in the head.
24 years later the Home secretary refuses to grant a judicial review into the police corruption in the case...
Daniel Morgan

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:12 pm

at least whilst in jail

she is safe from the nasty bastard.

i wonder if our legal system will care when the :hand: finally catches up with her, and finishes the task?

cos he will. he got put down "cos" of her.

what a crock of shyte
Mark

Postby jack sparrow » Mon Jan 23, 2012 4:18 pm

Black man stabs white woman. Hardly news is it?
jack sparrow

Postby whatacrock » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Cannydc wrote:You appear to be condoning a vast increase in the practice of 'leaning on' witnesses so they don't testify, Whatacrock. That is the inevitable outcome should witnesses be allowed to avoid court appearances claiming stress or the like.

Whatacrock.

So tell me canny, having travelled halfway round the world/trawled the internet to find a bride how would you like it if you were a witness to a crime and were told that you had to appear in court and after you had you would have to leave your wife, family, home, job, friends - in fact your whole life as you know it behind you and go into hiding with a new alias/ Judging by your post that would be fine by you.
whatacrock

Postby Guest » Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:32 pm

jack sparrow wrote:Black man stabs white woman. Hardly news is it?

Well that's what you commie cunts vote for every five years. You must be so thick. Lefty twats. I bet you get your prayer mat out for Uncle Joe. I bet you drink at the Hammer and Sickle. Commie twat. Still celebrating invading Hungary in 1956?

Sounds like it.

Postby Ali » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:11 pm

whatacrock wrote:
Cannydc wrote:You appear to be condoning a vast increase in the practice of 'leaning on' witnesses so they don't testify, Whatacrock. That is the inevitable outcome should witnesses be allowed to avoid court appearances claiming stress or the like.

Whatacrock.

So tell me canny, having travelled halfway round the world/trawled the internet to find a bride how would you like it if you were a witness to a crime and were told that you had to appear in court and after you had you would have to leave your wife, family, home, job, friends - in fact your whole life as you know it behind you and go into hiding with a new alias/ Judging by your post that would be fine by you.

That would be called a witness protection programme wouldn't it.

On the other hand though, how would you like it if the accused walked because no one was prepared to testify against them?
Ali

Postby whatacrock » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:46 pm

Ali wrote:
whatacrock wrote:

Whatacrock.

That would be called a witness protection programme wouldn't it.

On the other hand though, how would you like it if the accused walked because no one was prepared to testify against them?

Ah, so you are another one who would be prepared to go into the witness protection programme, yes? Give up your life as you know it, your kids etc etc? Good for you, coz I certainly wouldn't.
whatacrock

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive