Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Big Threads

Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:18 pm

another fucked up judge presiding in another botch job
where the fuck do they find these arseholes clown collage
:monkey:

mother of four was sent to prison because she felt too scared to give evidence against her ex-boyfriend who nearly killed her.

Sacha Williams-Rowe had already endured two days testifying against Lloyd Lothian, the father of her children, but his trial for attempted murder collapsed when the judge fell ill.

When a retrial was ordered, Miss Williams-Rowe, 31, faced a second court case but she felt too traumatised to go over the case again, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Instead she asked authorities to use medical evidence, and her police statements as well as footage of her in hospital after Lloyd, 35, stabbed her in the stomach with a kitchen knife.

When she failed to appear Aylesbury Crown Court, Buckinghamshire Hon Judge The Lord Parmoor issued an arrest warrant.

Miss Williams- Rowe was then held in contempt and sent to prison for a week after she failed to turn up for a second time.

But she was eventually ready to testify, Lothian was allowed to plead guilty to a reduced charge of unlawful wounding, rendering her stressful court experience useless.

Two weeks ago Lothian was sentenced to 15 months – he could have been sentenced to a maximum of five years.

He will be freed in six weeks due to time his has already served and a ­reduction for his guilty plea.

The stress has left Miss Williams-Rowe with a skin condition and she has now has changed her name and moved to a new village in the Home Counties.
Miss Williams-Rowe collapsed and after life-saving surgery, awoke from a coma two days later and told the police what had happened.
Lothian’s barrister insisted she had stabbed herself at the first trial in May 2011.

After it collapsed and was rescheduled for September Miss Williams-Rowe was told she would need to be ­cross-examined again and she became distressed.

She informed her police liaison officer that she didn’t have the strength to ensure the ordeal again and went directly to a doctor who gave her medication. But when she returned to home she was arrested.

The judge told she had wasted £8,000 of public funds and she said she would attend the following day, but when she didn’t, he found her in contempt and remanded her in custody for a week.

The third trial began on January 10, and she agreed to give evidence but at court she was told Lothian had pleaded guilty to the lesser charge.

Carolyn Oakley of the CPS said to the newspaper: ‘This was a difficult domestic violence case, and taking into account all the ­circumstances, the prosecution team in consultation with the victim ­accepted the plea to unlawful wounding. We take all reports of domestic violence ­extremely seriously.’

Domestic violence charity Refuge said: ‘It seems the judge in this case showed a poor understanding of the effects of domestic violence, and did not demonstrate due concern for Sacha’s well-being and safety.’

Miss Williams-Rowe said: ‘Why would any ­woman go to the authorities and ask for help when they have to go through that?’



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1kBlRFg2c
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 15194
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:33 pm

Big Fat Frosty wrote:another fucked up judge presiding in another botch job
where the fuck do they find these arseholes clown collage
:monkey:

mother of four was sent to prison because she felt too scared to give evidence against her ex-boyfriend who nearly killed her.

Sacha Williams-Rowe had already endured two days testifying against Lloyd Lothian, the father of her children, but his trial for attempted murder collapsed when the judge fell ill.

When a retrial was ordered, Miss Williams-Rowe, 31, faced a second court case but she felt too traumatised to go over the case again, according to the Sunday Mirror.

Instead she asked authorities to use medical evidence, and her police statements as well as footage of her in hospital after Lloyd, 35, stabbed her in the stomach with a kitchen knife.

When she failed to appear Aylesbury Crown Court, Buckinghamshire Hon Judge The Lord Parmoor issued an arrest warrant.

Miss Williams- Rowe was then held in contempt and sent to prison for a week after she failed to turn up for a second time.

But she was eventually ready to testify, Lothian was allowed to plead guilty to a reduced charge of unlawful wounding, rendering her stressful court experience useless.

Two weeks ago Lothian was sentenced to 15 months – he could have been sentenced to a maximum of five years.

He will be freed in six weeks due to time his has already served and a ­reduction for his guilty plea.

The stress has left Miss Williams-Rowe with a skin condition and she has now has changed her name and moved to a new village in the Home Counties.
Miss Williams-Rowe collapsed and after life-saving surgery, awoke from a coma two days later and told the police what had happened.
Lothian’s barrister insisted she had stabbed herself at the first trial in May 2011.

After it collapsed and was rescheduled for September Miss Williams-Rowe was told she would need to be ­cross-examined again and she became distressed.

She informed her police liaison officer that she didn’t have the strength to ensure the ordeal again and went directly to a doctor who gave her medication. But when she returned to home she was arrested.

The judge told she had wasted £8,000 of public funds and she said she would attend the following day, but when she didn’t, he found her in contempt and remanded her in custody for a week.

The third trial began on January 10, and she agreed to give evidence but at court she was told Lothian had pleaded guilty to the lesser charge.

Carolyn Oakley of the CPS said to the newspaper: ‘This was a difficult domestic violence case, and taking into account all the ­circumstances, the prosecution team in consultation with the victim ­accepted the plea to unlawful wounding. We take all reports of domestic violence ­extremely seriously.’

Domestic violence charity Refuge said: ‘It seems the judge in this case showed a poor understanding of the effects of domestic violence, and did not demonstrate due concern for Sacha’s well-being and safety.’

Miss Williams-Rowe said: ‘Why would any ­woman go to the authorities and ask for help when they have to go through that?’



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... z1kBlRFg2c


FFS Frosty the Mail is the worst source for this story. BY A COUNTRY MILE.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:40 pm

When all is said and done Frank, she was in contempt of court. I don't see how you can make allowances for one without it opening the floodgates to all sorts of excuses not to appear in court when legally required to do so.

A lot of people go through bad things yet have to testify in court, why is her case any different?
User avatar
Ali
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:42 pm

wasnt her fault the 1st case collapsed coz the fucking judge prolly got too pissed at lunch
and then it turns out the cps didnt need her at court
fucking farcical
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 15194
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:47 pm

I agree it was a farce and no it wasn't her fault the first case collapsed, but it still stands that she was in contempt of court, by failing to turn up, not once, but twice.
User avatar
Ali
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby wutang » Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:51 pm

Ali wrote:When all is said and done Frank, she was in contempt of court. I don't see how you can make allowances for one without it opening the floodgates to all sorts of excuses not to appear in court when legally required to do so.

A lot of people go through bad things yet have to testify in court, why is her case any different?


Im surprised you have taken that stance Ali. I think this part sums it up best:

Domestic violence charity Refuge said: ‘It seems the judge in this case showed a poor understanding of the effects of domestic violence, and did not demonstrate due concern for Sacha’s well-being and safety.’
"The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters."
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:03 pm

My point is that where do you draw the line. If allowances are made for one then the same would have to apply for all and then there is a risk of the defendant walking on a technicality.

As I said to BFF, lots of people go through bad things but they are still expected to turn up at court and testify.
User avatar
Ali
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:05 pm

"the 1st case collapsed coz the fucking judge prolly got too pissed at lunch"

Ooops

Let's hope he doesn't read Dogs..... people have been jailed for saying less
Only two types of people vote Tory or Republican, the super wealthy and the misinformed. Check your bank balance to see which one you are.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 9134
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby wutang » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:11 pm

Ali wrote:My point is that where do you draw the line. If allowances are made for one then the same would have to apply for all and then there is a risk of the defendant walking on a technicality.

As I said to BFF, lots of people go through bad things but they are still expected to turn up at court and testify.


Look at it this way - will this case encourage more victims of such vicious attacks to come forward, or put off victims coming forward. (edit) Surely you are smart enough to see that the latter is more likely than the former. This judge excuse was "she had wasted £8,000 of public funds" so thats the level of human fucking compassion and decency in our society!!! he could easily have postponed the case, they did it when the Judge was feeling 'i'll' so why not when the victim was too distressed to attend? Refuge hit the nail on the head... the Judge showed no concern for her well being. What a cunt :grrrrr:

Its shit like this that has resulted in the Uk having one of the lowest rape conviction in Europe. The vast majority of rape victims in our society never see justice because the system is so hopelessly against them. A lot never come forward as a result - why go through the emotional pain and trauma when the end result is NOTHING, even worse you could be falsely convicted of lying and end up punished yourself as a result.

Someone concerned with domestic violence should be distrubed with what went on in this case... not siding with the arseholes in charge.
Last edited by wutang on Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters."
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:15 pm

funny tho how judges dont ever get done for being drunk in charge of a case
or falling asleep.....

judges are mostly a fucking joke
there all too old for a start
and there all so out of touch with reality
to be honest when ever im in crown court
i feel like im at billy smarts circus
and the judge looks like a right twat in his clown wig
whole rotten edifice wants tearing down and replacing
and modernising
:monkey:
User avatar
Big Fat Frosty
 
Posts: 15194
Joined: Tue May 17, 2011 4:51 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:20 pm

wutang wrote:
Ali wrote:My point is that where do you draw the line. If allowances are made for one then the same would have to apply for all and then there is a risk of the defendant walking on a technicality.

As I said to BFF, lots of people go through bad things but they are still expected to turn up at court and testify.


Look at it this way - will this case encourage more victims of such vicious attacks to come forward, or put off victims coming forward. Surely you are smart enough to see that the former is more likely than the latter. This judge excuse was "she had wasted £8,000 of public funds" so thats the level of human fucking compassion and decency in our society!!! he could easily have postponed the case, they did it when the Judge was feeling 'i'll' so why not when the victim was too distressed to attend? Refuge hit the nail on the head... the Judge showed no concern for her well being. What a cunt :grrrrr:

Its shit like this that has resulted in the Uk having one of the lowest rape conviction in Europe. The vast majority of rape victims in our society never see justice because the system is so hopelessly against them. A lot never come forward as a result - why go through the emotional pain and trauma when the end result is NOTHING, even worse you could be falsely convicted of lying and end up punished yourself as a result.

Someone concerned with domestic violence should be distrubed with what went on in this case... not siding with the arseholes in charge.


So where is the middle line then Wu?

How many cases do you think would be proven if the victim refuses to testify after making the initial complaint.
User avatar
Ali
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Cannydc » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:28 pm

This is a tough one, tempering the need for compassion towards the woman against the likelihood that if people were simply allowed to duck their moral responsibilities it would allow criminals to go free because they either 'couldn't face court', or, just as likely, they had been 'leaned on' not to testify and were using stress as an excuse.

I would tend to look at other cases, rapes, viscious murders, and say if witnesses didn't stand up and be counted (and be expected to, by law) we would have an awful lot more vile criminals walking the streets looking for their next victims.

So yes, through gritted teeth, the judge was right. Having said that, he would do well to note the stupidity, the lack of professionalism, and the completely blinkered way this case was handled overall. And deal with others who also failed in a similar manner.
Only two types of people vote Tory or Republican, the super wealthy and the misinformed. Check your bank balance to see which one you are.
User avatar
Cannydc
 
Posts: 9134
Joined: Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby wutang » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:29 pm

Ali wrote:
So where is the middle line then Wu?




Well for a start he could have shown some compassion instead of being a hardheaded bastard.

Couldnt he have postponed the case for a later date, allow the woman time to get some help/support, come to some agreement on how to move forward? nah fuck that... arrest her instead.

The fact that the defendent switched his plea after she went through all that trauma (essentially for no reason) makes it even worse.
"The old world is dying, and the new world struggles to be born: now is the time of monsters."
User avatar
wutang
 
Posts: 4689
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:02 am
Location: Globalist Department, Frankfurt School

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby Ali » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:38 pm

wutang wrote:
Ali wrote:
So where is the middle line then Wu?




Well for a start he could have shown some compassion instead of being a hardheaded bastard.

Couldnt he have postponed the case for a later date, allow the woman time to get some help/support, come to some agreement on how to move forward? nah fuck that... arrest her instead.

The fact that the defendent switched his plea after she went through all that trauma (essentially for no reason) makes it even worse.


Yes, the defendent bit you are right, bastards do tend to do that for fun I reckon, but as we have a system whereby the defendent is presumed innocent until proven guilty or pleads guilty so how do we get round that one without compromising this.

Postponing the case would have just prolonged the agony to be fair.

I agree with you that he could have shown compassion, but it still stands that where do you draw the line.
User avatar
Ali
 
Posts: 3942
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 6:24 pm

Re: Mother stabbed in stomach by boyfriend is JAILED

Postby jaceylacey » Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:55 pm

I know it probably costs money to postpone cases, but it does seem harsh to jail her....they are far worse people out their who deserve prison.

I wonder if the judge would have felt differently if it had been his daughter who was the victim.
jaceylacey
 
Posts: 828
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:40 pm

Next

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests