What's A Good Breed Of Dog.

Big Threads

What's A Good Breed Of Dog.

Postby Rocthedog » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:52 pm

Seeing it's called The Sleeping Dogs Snug...............I ask whats a good breed of dog and why...You would say so.............
Rocthedog

Re: what's a good breed of dog

Postby Stooo » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:57 pm

JRT and Tibetan Terriers. I would entertain a pug if only to annoy the cat...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Snuffleupagus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:46 am

Beagles :wubwub:

My family have kept them going back years, they are gorgeous looking dogs, you always get people stopping to "oooh and ahhh" at them when you're walking them. They are full of character and often think they know best, can be very wilful and are very entertaining. :mrgreen:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Stooo » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:51 am

Snuffleupagus wrote:Beagles :wubwub:

My family have kept them going back years, they are gorgeous looking dogs, you always get people stopping to "oooh and ahhh" at them when you're walking them. They are full of character and often think they know best, can be very wilful and are very entertaining. :mrgreen:

Handy if you run out of fags as well...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Snuffleupagus » Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:54 am

Stooo wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Beagles :wubwub:

Handy if you run out of fags as well...

Ho-de-ho.... :mrgreen:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Holly » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:32 am

Depends on what size of dog you like..whether you like to walk a lot or not..what you can afford in dog food,whether you want a watch dog or just a little companion dog.. etc....I always had German shepherds ( I grew up with them ) wonderful intelligent dogs and you will always feel safe with them...but they are quite big to keep inside...with one wag of their tail they can clear the coffee table..they also shed a lot of hair and need plenty of exerciser ...I now have 2 miniature Poodles ( not toys...they're too small and dainty )...apart from the fact that they are the second most intelligent dogs in the world after the Boarder Collie...they are great for indoors...don't shed hair/wool,are ideal for allergy sufferers,don't cost a fortune in feeding are very obedient, easy to train, are known for their longevity and never dig or escape....they like to stay close to their owners ...they're also very funny and love children !...Poodles have the wrong reputation for being yappy lap dogs....nothing's further from the truth...it all depends of how they get raised...mine are neither...they're just two lovable but very well behaved tomboys ...Only down side...they need a haircut every 2 month or so...

From the bigger variety I also love Retrievers and Labradores...very lovable and easy going dogs..

HATE pitbulls and similar breeds !!!!
Holly

Postby Rocthedog » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:43 pm

Holly wrote:Depends on what size of dog you like..whether you like to walk a lot or not..what you can afford in dog food,whether you want a watch dog or just a little companion dog.. etc....I always had German shepherds ( I grew up with them ) wonderful intelligent dogs and you will always feel safe with them...but they are quite big to keep inside...with one wag of their tail they can clear the coffee table..they also shed a lot of hair and need plenty of exerciser ...I now have 2 miniature Poodles ( not toys...they're too small and dainty )...apart from the fact that they are the second most intelligent dogs in the world after the Boarder Collie...they are great for indoors...don't shed hair/wool,are ideal for allergy sufferers,don't cost a fortune in feeding are very obedient, easy to train, are known for their longevity and never dig or escape....they like to stay close to their owners ...they're also very funny and love children !...Poodles have the wrong reputation for being yappy lap dogs....nothing's further from the truth...it all depends of how they get raised...mine are neither...they're just two lovable but very well behaved tomboys ...Only down side...they need a haircut every 2 month or so...
From the bigger variety I also love Retrievers and Labradors...very lovable and easy going dogs..

HATE pitbulls and similar breeds !!!!

I had two GSD...... Summer ..And.. The Roc..I lost Roc to Cancer last September...I am still hurting about losing him............He was brilliant...My wife has a little Jack Russell...Barney...We have just added a Jack-a poo Tuppence.... Looks a small Polar Bear.....Unfortunately she goes in for a full on shave off tomorrow...her baby hair under her longer hair is matting up......So of to the dog barbers she goes...............One thing Tuppence is one hell of a warning device............She is off nearly a full thirty seconds before the others....So now Summer the GSD waits for her alerts from Tuppence... Oh well that's enough....Off for a :cuppaT:
Rocthedog

Postby trini » Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:52 pm

GSD

Great bread.

I had to give mine up thoo,

It was between my wife or her. She used to stay in the corner and "growel" at my wife.

Both females found nice houses though

:wubwub:
trini

Postby Truthy » Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:25 am

If you're one of those Tory types that are still seen around the SW3 area you might want to get something that resembles a cross between a drowned rat and hedgehog on acid, just to go with the Mother-in-Law's blue rinse :gigglesnshit:
Truthy

Postby Rocthedog » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:05 pm

Truthy wrote:If you're one of those Tory types that are still seen around the SW3 area you might want to get something that resembles a cross between a drowned rat and hedgehog on acid, just to go with the Mother-in-Law's blue rinse :gigglesnshit:

Truthy if your around Hamstead Heath any time..Pop into the Spaniard Inn Hamstead ....It's covered in them Tory types.....With a mixed breed of dog along with them..the Spaniard allows most types of animal in there......including pythons and Parrots if you have one...... I pop in there when I can ..For an hour or two.......Summer time it's brilliant.........Gets rather full though....

Plenty of doggy Tory types .....To belittle i....... Might even be a couple of Lib Dems mixed in with few of Labour types ........ I ofen wonder what politics the dogs support. :more beer: :more beer: :more beer:
Rocthedog

Postby Mark » Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:16 pm

lol trithy

pls DONT go for a wander round hampstead bleedin heath

you'll bump inyo goergio popudopaulosalosalos aka michael, and he mau well be on hos knees :pmsl:

imho
and after having various dogs
tho i like bulldogs & mastiffs
the best all round one
has got to be a german shepherd.

majestic animals, clever & obedient tho never fully allow themselves to be mastered
theres a bit of mutual respect going on
and if respectful to your dog, you will have a friend willing to die, or kill, for you.
you cant fuck about with em tho,
you cant take out anger or frustration on em (not that anyone should, but some do)
cos if you do with a good strong fit Shep
it'll rip yer fuckin arm off.
thats anothr thing
they need whole heap of regular exercise
so hard work
but wonderful dogs :smilin:
Mark

Postby trini » Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:10 pm

[quote="Mark"]

The other great dog I had was a Rhodesian Ridge Back when I was growing up. Damn thing would follow me to school.

The nuns were not happy. :pmsl:
trini

Postby Vicky » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:51 am

Labradors, i've had two. Excellent dogs.

:doggy:
Vicky

Postby art0hur0moh » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:23 am

Lurcher!!! : )

I never planed on bring a dog into my home. The only thing I regret is feeling our walks became a chore. But it was mostly I didn't want my son to be jealous of me taking the dog out over him. Never thought of it that way till now. 5-6 years ago wasn't exactly a happy time for me.

What a dog, legendary! Ask any one... I remember when I first got him placing his teeth on the skin was less noticeable than two feathers. He was a rescue dog found in the streets, previous person who had him abused him. I never put a collar on him but used a choker for walks just till I could take it off. He caught a rabbit and squirrel placed both at my feet. I let him eat them only to discover the next morning he regurgitated them in his room. Got afew bruises on my leg due to his eagerness to great people, his tail wagged so violently it lifted his hind legs clear off the ground both ways.

And if he wasn't seen he was heard blocks away. Some actually went out their way to look for him. Both of us got run over by the biggest land rover I had ever seen, with a trailer. And any fights he got into with cats he came out worse. What a character, legendary! :)
art0hur0moh

Postby Holly » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 am

art0hur0moh wrote:Lurcher!!! : )

I never planed on bring a dog into my home. The only thing I regret is feeling our walks became a chore. But it was mostly I didn't want my son to be jealous of me taking the dog out over him. Never thought of it that way till now. 5-6 years ago wasn't exactly a happy time for me.

What a dog, legendary! Ask any one... I remember when I first got him placing his teeth on the skin was less noticeable than two feathers. He was a rescue dog found in the streets, previous person who had him abused him. I never put a collar on him but used a choker for walks just till I could take it off. He caught a rabbit and squirrel placed both at my feet. I let him eat them only to discover the next morning he regurgitated them in his room. Got afew bruises on my leg due to his eagerness to great people, his tail wagged so violently it lifted his hind legs clear off the ground both ways.

And if he wasn't seen he was heard blocks away. Some actually went out their way to look for him. Both of us got run over by the biggest land rover I had ever seen, with a trailer. And any fights he got into with cats he came out worse. What a character, legendary! :)

Do you still have him Arthur?....and what kind of dog is/was it ?....What happened when you were both run over by the land rover?
Holly

Next

Return to The Archive