Beware Xmas Hackers

Big Threads

Beware Xmas Hackers

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:18 pm

I have just been informed that someone has attempted to access an online account of mine. I am particularly sensitive to security matters because I have been the victim of identity theft in the past including the theft of thousands of pounds and therefore have many security measures in place including an encrypted password vault, virus/trojan protection and hardware and software firewalls. No system offers 100% protection though and crackers, scammers and other filth are particularly active at this time of year - they like a pleasant Xmas too so beware. :smilin:

BTW if by a very slim chance the owner of 78.145.163.109 is looking in I have reported you to Talk Talk even though your activity may have been entirely innocent or accidental. :wink: Any further attempted incursions will be reported to the police.
McAz

Re: Beware Xmas Hackers

Postby Trapper John » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:25 pm

Aziz wrote:I have just been informed that someone has attempted to access an online account of mine. I am particularly sensitive to security matters because I have been the victim of identity theft in the past including the theft of thousands of pounds and therefore have many security measures in place including an encrypted password vault, virus/trojan protection and hardware and software firewalls. No system offers 100% protection though and crackers, scammers and other filth are particularly active at this time of year - they like a pleasant Xmas too so beware. :smilin:

BTW if by a very slim chance the owner of 78.145.163.109 is looking in I have reported you to Talk Talk even though your activity may have been entirely innocent or accidental. :wink: Any further attempted incursions will be reported to the police.

They live in the Sheffield area........sharp as knives up there, you know. :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:35 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Aziz wrote:I have just been informed that someone has attempted to access an online account of mine. I am particularly sensitive to security matters because I have been the victim of identity theft in the past including the theft of thousands of pounds and therefore have many security measures in place including an encrypted password vault, virus/trojan protection and hardware and software firewalls. No system offers 100% protection though and crackers, scammers and other filth are particularly active at this time of year - they like a pleasant Xmas too so beware. :smilin:

They live in the Sheffield area........sharp as knives up there, you know. :smilin:

I tracked them to Barnsley, same difference, and a fixed non-proxied IP too. :pmsl: But as I said, it might be entirely innocent. :roll:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:41 pm

Cool story bro...
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Stooo wrote:Cool story bro...

Forewarned is forearmed, Xmas hackers are rampant from what I've read. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Stooo » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:50 pm

Aziz wrote:

The Police won't give a shit.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:54 pm

Stooo wrote:
Aziz wrote:

Probably, which is why I've reported it to the ISP. Last time when my Visa etc was hacked I was told by the Visa fraud section that the police had some involvement but what it amounted to I don't know.
McAz

Postby rollup » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:55 pm

Aziz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Aziz wrote:

Probably, which is why I've reported it to the ISP. Last time when my Visa etc was hacked I was told by the Visa fraud section that the police had some involvement but what it amounted to I don't know.

It's a black listed IP on a number of sites meaning it's probably an advertising spam bot IP.
rollup

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:59 pm

jackb wrote:
Aziz wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Aziz wrote:

It's a black listed IP on a number of sites meaning it's probably an advertising spam bot IP.

Wasn't a spam bot unless they have the capability of requesting a password change by using my username. BTW, this is the second attempted breach in two days though I don't have the IP of the first. Two different accounts too, the first for a major games company, the second a site which provides POIs and speed camera data.
McAz

Postby Text » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:52 pm

You should have reported it to the police the first time round .... even if you think they won't do anything about it. Always notify the police!!
Text

Postby Trayvon » Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 pm

"Crackers", bit racist.
Trayvon

Postby Les » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:00 pm

Best off changing your passwords to something more secure. You wouldn't have thought that there are many people from Barnsley that can log on to a computer let alone hack peoples accounts.. :whistle:
Les

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Les wrote:Best off changing your passwords to something more secure. You wouldn't have thought that there are many people from Barnsley that can log on to a computer let alone hack peoples accounts.. :whistle:

Besmirching the good people of Barnsley aside :smilin: it's a total pita reviewing and changing security arrangements. Me and Mrs Aziz have another 2 hours work at least switching over password vaults etc - plus for reasons I don't yet understand her computer has had 8 suspicious bits and bobs picked up by the virus wotsit today alone. Paranoia is beginning to set in LOL. :ooer:
McAz

Postby Les » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:26 pm

Aziz wrote:
Les wrote:Best off changing your passwords to something more secure. You wouldn't have thought that there are many people from Barnsley that can log on to a computer let alone hack peoples accounts.. :whistle:

Besmirching the good people of Barnsley aside :smilin: it's a total pita reviewing and changing security arrangements. Me and Mrs Aziz have another 2 hours work at least switching over password vaults etc - plus for reasons I don't yet understand her computer has had 8 suspicious bits and bobs picked up by the virus wotsit today alone. Paranoia is beginning to set in LOL. :ooer:

I live in that neck of the woods, so I know from experience... :wink:
It's not my ip anyway, I checked.. :wurms:
Les

Postby McAz » Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:28 pm

Les wrote:
Aziz wrote:

I live in that neck of the woods, so I know from experience... :wink:
It's not my ip anyway, I checked.. :wurms:

:pmsl:
McAz

Next

Return to The Archive