Sunny's football thread part 6

Big Threads

Sunny's football thread part 6

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:00 pm

Guest wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:Well what can you say?...........Spurs started brightly but it was soon apparent that Arsenal were far too good for them. The score, 2-0 really doesn't relay just how much better a team we are. Even under Sherwood, Spurs have a long way to go.

The commentators tried their best to big up Spurs, saying fans will know these games have a habit of going up and down, with plenty of goals......yes they do, but with far better Spurs teams than this one.

A good all round performance from the gunners, particularly in defence where we are fast becoming the most frugal defenders in the league, and a clean sheet is always important.....it's where we've fallen apart in the past.

What fucking game did you watch? Spurs should have been a goal up before you even had a shot on goal. Vermaelen should have been sent off in the first half and was subbed for being shyte. :bum:

Arsenal vs Spurs FA Cup today......what game were you watching?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Sunny's football thread part 5

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 04, 2014 9:22 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Guest wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:Well what can you say?...........Spurs started brightly but it was soon apparent that Arsenal were far too good for them. The score, 2-0 really doesn't relay just how much better a team we are. Even under Sherwood, Spurs have a long way to go.

The commentators tried their best to big up Spurs, saying fans will know these games have a habit of going up and down, with plenty of goals......yes they do, but with far better Spurs teams than this one.

A good all round performance from the gunners, particularly in defence where we are fast becoming the most frugal defenders in the league, and a clean sheet is always important.....it's where we've fallen apart in the past.

What fucking game did you watch? Spurs should have been a goal up before you even had a shot on goal. Vermaelen should have been sent off in the first half and was subbed for being shyte. :bum:

Arsenal vs Spurs FA Cup today......what game were you watching?

really so you must have missed my points then

Re: Sunny's football thread part 6

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:38 am

New Fred. :)
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:43 am

Stenhousemuir v Rangers today, it should be another three point for the Scottish League One Champions (unofficial at the moment but it's just a matter of time). I can't wait for Rangers to get promoted and get out this league it's doing my heid in.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:29 am

Monday night football.....we don't want it!

In the past, if you played a game on a Monday night it was either a cup replay or a postponed fixture that couldn't be fitted in anywhere else because of packed schedules. Now, with the vast amounts of money being ploughed into the EPL by the TV companies, they want it so it's become a regular slot......and like many others, I don't like it.

For the second time this season, Arsenal play their next game on Monday 13th against Aston Villa away.....a whole 8 days without a game. Some might say it's good for their team, especially if you have injuries but I don't think so, I believe it takes the momentum away from a team.....an 8 or 9 day gap between competitive games isn't a good thing.

Our last Monday night game against Chelsea was exactly what it said on the tin, both teams looked lethargic and disinterested, the crowd subdued.....I mean, who wants to drag themselves out on a cold winter's night when you've just gone back to work after the weekend.

Managers moan about fixture build up's and playing 3 games a week, then you get wastelands like this.....stop Monday night football, we don't want it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:53 am

We don't want Friday night football but it's a case of like it or lump it, cause they ain't going to change it. :roll:
Vicky

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2014 12:51 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:Monday night football.....we don't want it!

In the past, if you played a game on a Monday night it was either a cup replay or a postponed fixture that couldn't be fitted in anywhere else because of packed schedules. Now, with the vast amounts of money being ploughed into the EPL by the TV companies, they want it so it's become a regular slot......and like many others, I don't like it.

For the second time this season, Arsenal play their next game on Monday 13th against Aston Villa away.....a whole 8 days without a game. Some might say it's good for their team, especially if you have injuries but I don't think so, I believe it takes the momentum away from a team.....an 8 or 9 day gap between competitive games isn't a good thing.

Our last Monday night game against Chelsea was exactly what it said on the tin, both teams looked lethargic and disinterested, the crowd subdued.....I mean, who wants to drag themselves out on a cold winter's night when you've just gone back to work after the weekend.

Managers moan about fixture build up's and playing 3 games a week, then you get wastelands like this.....stop Monday night football, we don't want it.

So the awful windy, wet weather had nothing to do with the insipid Chelsea game? :whistle:

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:48 pm

I don't think Sam Allardyce is gonnae be West Ham's manager for much longer, another terrible result for the Hammers today. Losing 5.0 to Championship side Nottingham Forest in the FA cup.
Vicky

Postby Guest » Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Victoria wrote:I don't think Sam Allardyce is gonnae be West Ham's manager for much longer, another terrible result for the Hammers today. Losing 5.0 to Championship side Nottingham Forest in the FA cup.

He hasn't any fit/not suspended players Vic he had to play 6 youth players in the squad today

Postby kevin nolan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Victoria wrote:I don't think Sam Allardyce is gonnae be West Ham's manager for much longer, another terrible result for the Hammers today. Losing 5.0 to Championship side Nottingham Forest in the FA cup.

He hasn't any fit/not suspended players Vic he had to play 6 youth players in the squad today

it's called,putting all your eggs in one basket
if west ham weren't in the league cup semi final
the useless cunt would be already collecting his p45
kevin nolan

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:00 pm

Full time result.

Stenhousemuir 0 Rangers 2

Not a bad result for Rangers today as they get themselves promoted out this sodding league and into the Championship. Peralta was send off just before half time, that's the second Gers player to be sent off in as many days.

The BBC website is still at it, so i won't be back. :roll:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:02 pm

kevin nolan wrote:
Guest wrote:

Man City on Wednesday, i don't fancy West Ham's chances much against them.
Vicky

Postby kevin nolan » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Victoria wrote:
kevin nolan wrote:
Guest wrote:

Man City on Wednesday, i don't fancy West Ham's chances much against them.

over two legs they've got two chances
fat chance,and no fucking chance

david moyes is doing awfully well
kevin nolan

Postby Les » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:56 pm

Can't see Moyes surviving for much longer. Man U are unbelievably piss poor at the moment. Love it.. :canny:
Les

Postby Vicky » Sun Jan 05, 2014 7:30 pm

Les wrote:Can't see Moyes surviving for much longer. Man U are unbelievably piss poor at the moment. Love it.. :canny:

Is it Liverpool you support Les, i think i read that on here?
Vicky

Next

Return to The Archive