Random Stuff Part Two.

Big Threads

Random Stuff Part Two.

Postby Guest » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:22 pm

Fletch wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:Another piece of info about the Black Sea.

At the Bosporus, where Istanbul now stands, was a land bridge which kept the Mediterranean Sea separate from the basin of dry land which is now the Black Sea. Sometime around 15,000 years ago, the bridge of land collapsed and water poured in and filled the basin, dispossessing the inhabitants of their land.

This event was so cataclysmic and the first to be witnessed by humans, it is said to have been passed down through the ages and is the basis of all flood legends of all cultures, including Noah and his Ark.

I've swum in the black sea.

And the blue danube isn't blue, not by a long way!

you come across as a very intelligent man fletch but i cannot believe you SWUM in the black sea

Re: Random Stuff!

Postby VILS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

At the Bosporus, where Istanbul now stands, was a land bridge which kept the Mediterranean Sea separate from the basin of dry land which is now the Black Sea. Sometime around 15,000 years ago, the bridge of land collapsed and water poured in and filled the basin, dispossessing the inhabitants of their land.

This event was so cataclysmic and the first to be witnessed by humans, it is said to have been passed down through the ages and is the basis of all flood legends of all cultures, including Noah and his Ark.

you come across as a very intelligent man fletch but i cannot believe you SWUM in the black sea

Swimmed? :dunno:
VILS

Postby Fletch » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:58 pm

Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

swum
swʌm/

past participle of swim.

swim (swɪm)

v. swam, swum, swim•ming,

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/swum

:dunno:
Fletch

Postby charlie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:59 pm

Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

Swum is the correct tense when used in conjunction with 'I have / I've.

I swam or I've swum.
He swam or he had swum
charlie

Postby NAA » Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:06 pm

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

I swam or I've swum.
He swam or he had swum

Hello, you seem smart, I collect smart people to make me look good ( and correct my grammar) :dolly: :awesome:
NAA

Re: Random Stuff Part Two.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:28 pm

Are you back at work John, after your leg thingy?

Monday 3rd of Feb VILS.......had a bit of a relapse.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby VILS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:32 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:

Sorry to hear that John.
As my dad says:

Chin up!
VILS

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:40 pm

VILS wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:

Sorry to hear that John.
As my dad says:

Chin up!

Yeah, that's not the worst of it.........when I was told I'd be on full pay, they meant full sick pay.....I've been short just over £120 pw.

I wasn't going to make any claim but when I found this out, I spoke to the union about claiming for my loss of earnings.......there is an argument for breach of Health & Safety on the company's part.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby VILS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:13 pm

VILS

Postby VILS » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:14 pm

[img][img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1454923_277485529069536_1122609069_n.jpg[/img][/img]
VILS

Postby Text » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:47 pm

VILS wrote:[img][img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1454923_277485529069536_1122609069_n.jpg[/img][/img]

Failed image ..... cos it's doubly tagged. :laughing:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I posted a frame I did of a quotation that you posted, Vils. But it had got buried under many pages by the time you logged on, & the thread is archived now. I will use the framed quotation as my forum header for a few days, cos I like it.
Text

Postby justpoppedin » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:56 pm

NAA wrote:
guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

I swam or I've swum.
He swam or he had swum

Hello, you seem smart, I collect smart people to make me look good ( and correct my grammar) :dolly: :awesome:

Lol.NAA. :Hiya:
justpoppedin

Postby Fletch » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:25 am

Chesty cough update: it won't go away. :bawlin:
Fletch

Postby Text » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:17 pm

guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Fletch wrote:

I swam or I've swum.
He swam or he had swum

There are very few words in the English language which have an alternative spelling. Just now I can only think of one example: > > Spelled/Spelt.
Text

Postby Claire » Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:34 pm

I have the hangover from hell. :bawlin:
Claire

Next

Return to The Archive