Big Threads

Re: Sunny's football thread part 7

Postby Sunny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:20 am

Banned Punk wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Victoria wrote:Morning Sunny. :Hiya:

I've got a bit of a cheek telling jokes about other teams after all that's happened to Rangers in recent years. Hopefully TJ won't be so annoyed when he wakes up. :paranoid:

Part eight soon Sunny. :thumbsup:

Wow, part 8 hey!!!!
And its the FA cup semis this weekend.

Aye i saw that Sunny, Arsenal play Wigan tomorrow so hopefully Arsenal will win and make a certain someone happy and then there's the semi-finals of the Scottish Cup as well. Rangers are playing Dundee United and our players are dropping like flies, I hope i'm wrong but i think we're going to get gubbed. :sad:

Aberdeen play on Sunday, I imagine they'll beat St Johnstone easy and if they go on and win the cup, I've got to have a Dons avatar for a month because of my bet with Creamy. :shame:

They play today hun at 5pm.....and the other semi finals game is tomorrow between....Hull and Sheffield Utd.
Oh and I added on some more in my post above..... :laughing: COYS!!!! :mrgreen:

The FA Cup match is tomorrow sunny not today. No matches are today.

Hiya Punk....On BBC sport site it says its today and Hull tomorrow...
Sat 12 Apr 2014 - FA Cup
Wigan v Arsenal 17:07

Sun 13 Apr 2014 - FA Cup
Hull v Sheff Utd 16:07

:dunno:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Sunny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:21 am

Victoria wrote:It took me ages to work out what COYS meant Sunny, Then finally it dawned on me that it meany come on you Spurs!! Well i think that's what it means. :laughing:

LOL now you know!!
Sunny

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:26 am

Sunny wrote:
Sat 12 Apr 2014 - FA Cup

Sun 13 Apr 2014 - FA Cup

Today's Friday Sunny.
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 am

Victoria wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Sat 12 Apr 2014 - FA Cup

Sun 13 Apr 2014 - FA Cup

Today's Friday Sunny.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I just realised its Friday,...... :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Bloody school holidays mixes me up with the days. :gigglesnshit:

FFS! I would of sat down to watch spurs and all. :grrrrr:
Last edited by Sunny on Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sunny

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:27 am

Sunny wrote:
Victoria wrote:It took me ages to work out what COYS meant Sunny, Then finally it dawned on me that it meany come on you Spurs!! Well i think that's what it means. :laughing:

LOL now you know!!

WATP is my favourite Rangers one.

It stands for "We are the people" :laughing:
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:28 am

Victoria wrote:
Sunny wrote:

LOL now you know!!

WATP is my favourite Rangers one.

It stands for "We are the people" :laughing:

Nice one! LOL

I answered you above hun....regarding what day it is. :laughing:
Sunny

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:31 am

Sunny wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Sat 12 Apr 2014 - FA Cup

Sun 13 Apr 2014 - FA Cup

Today's Friday Sunny.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! I just realised its Friday,...... :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Bloody school holidays mixes me up with the days. :gigglesnshit:

FFS! I would of sat down to watch spurs and all. :grrrrr:

I was getting confused Sunny then it dawned on me you had your days mixed up. I do those type of things all the time as well. :laughing:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:57 pm

Chelsea have drawn Athletico Madrid in the CL semi final....leaving Real Madrid v Bayern Munich in the other.

This will bring forward the problem regarding goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois currently on loan to Athletico from Chelsea. He is supposedly one of the best young keepers in Europe and is a mainstay of Athletico's team.

Chelsea had a clause inserted into the loan contract stating that should the teams meet each other in European competition, Athletico either pay £5million compensation to Chelsea or not play the keeper.

Athletico have said they cannot afford to do that, so will not play him. BUT....in a twist to this story, UEFA have said this is not sanctioned in their rules, they say Athletico can play him and do not need to pay Chelsea anything.

I can't see Chelsea taking that lying down, so this will run and run until the game takes place.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:02 pm

Do you think you could stop yakking for a minute and go and join the new forum. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby calitom » Fri Apr 11, 2014 3:51 pm

This is all a bit confusing. Is there a playoff for the premier league Championship?? Does only the winner of the premier league get to play for the European Championship??
Do any non-premier league teams get to play for the European Championship?(I mean get into the tourney as a low seed)?
calitom

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:35 pm

Tom we've moved to a new site, We have a new football thread etc, Why don't you join us...
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 15, 2014 12:13 pm

Spare a thought for the sports loving fans in the City of Hull, passionate about both their famous rugby and association football teams, they have a bit of a problem.

On the day their football team, Hull City go to Wembley to face Arsenal in the FA Cup Final, their rugby teams - Hull Kingston Rovers and Hull RFC meet in the local derby and most fiercly contested game of the rugby calendar - as far as they are concerned.

There are no plans to change the game to a different date, so supporters of both disciplines of football are faced with a dilemma, which game to go see? ............. the decision might be made for most of them by outside influences.

For some years now, the FA CUP final has kicked off at 5:00pm on a Saturday afternoon, pandering to the wishes of TV and sponsors - this might prove to be a 'show stopper' for many of the 25,000 fans expected to take up the ticket allocation.

The last train leaving London's Kings Cross for Hull departs at 8:02pm that evening, making it almost impossible to meet after the game finishes. At present, there are no plans to add 'specials' to run after that time.

Unless the train company running the line has a change of heart, it's possible that Hull's ticket allocation won't be fully subscribed - a ridiculous state of affairs.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:17 pm

Arsenal play West Ham at the Emirates tonight, it's a must win game for us.....in fact, every game we have left is a 'must win' if we are to have any chance of Champions League football next season.

Everton are the only realistic challengers to that, they play Crystal Palace tomorrow - not a given by any means - they also have a far harder run-in to the end .......... I find it hard to believe they won't drop a fair few points before the end.....if they don't, then they deserve to take our place.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:30 am

That was the first of Arsenal's final 5 Premier league banana skins avoided tonight - a 3-1 victory over West Ham.

At the start, it appeared to have disaster written all over it, West Ham fresh from a 9 day break and worries of relegation, just a memory against an Arsenal side, slow and lethargic after the extra time and penalties of the FA cup semi on Sunday.

So, it wasn't a surprise when on 40mins a scrambled but hard won goal from Jarvis, put West Ham went 1-0 up. That was the catalyst Arsenal needed to shake them out of their lethargy and with a minute left of normal time in the first half, Lukas Podolski thundered a rocket of a shot low and into the bottom corner of West Ham's goal, taking us to half time at 1-1.

A rejuvenated Arsenal came out for the second half and finally took hold of the game and the constant pressure eventually paid off with a fantastically controlled ball and shot from Giroud put Arsenal 2-1 ahead.

Lukas Podolski secured the game with another left footed rocket from close range into the roof of the net, which came from a clever and perfectly paced header from sub, Aaron Ramsey.

In the end, it was a comfortable win after some early frights and puts us back into 4th spot - at least until Everton play Crystal Palace tonight.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:06 am

I'd like to give a special mention to legendary 1970's Arsenal and England goalkeeper and TV sports presenter, Bob Wilson, who was diagnosed with prostate cancer this week.

Bob is a proper gentleman and loved throughout the sporting world today, as much as he was in his footballing hayday. He gave up TV presenting in the late 90's to concentrate on starting the 'Willow Foundation' with his wife, Megs - after their daughter Anna died from cancer.

The Willow Foundation gives terminally ill people aged 18-40 the chance to have special days with friends and family where they can forget their treatment and worries for a day at least.

Good luck Bob, I hope you win your fight against prostate cancer. :thumbsup:

Prostate Cancer is a 'Mankiller' it kills 1 man every hour of every day, 365 days a year in the UK....check yourself regularly, it can be beaten if caught early enough, so don't hesitate to see your GP if you have even the slighest worry.

Men Utd....we can beat this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... yXCNKGiXoQ
Trapper John
Gunner.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive