Sunny's Football Thread 7.5 - interim version.

Big Threads

Sunny's Football Thread 7.5 - interim version.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:28 pm

That was the first of Arsenal's final 5 Premier league banana skins avoided tonight - a 3-1 victory over West Ham.

At the start, it appeared to have disaster written all over it, West Ham fresh from a 9 day break and worries of relegation, just a memory against an Arsenal side, slow and lethargic after the extra time and penalties of the FA cup semi on Sunday.

So, it wasn't a surprise when on 40mins a scrambled but hard won goal from Jarvis, put West Ham went 1-0 up. That was the catalyst Arsenal needed to shake them out of their lethargy and with a minute left of normal time in the first half, Lukas Podolski thundered a rocket of a shot low and into the bottom corner of West Ham's goal, taking us to half time at 1-1.

A rejuvenated Arsenal came out for the second half and finally took hold of the game and the constant pressure eventually paid off with a fantastically controlled ball and shot from Giroud put Arsenal 2-1 ahead.

Lukas Podolski secured the game with another left footed rocket from close range into the roof of the net, which came from a clever and perfectly paced header from sub, Aaron Ramsey.

In the end, it was a comfortable win after some early frights and puts us back into 4th spot - at least until Everton play Crystal Palace tonight.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Sunny's Football Thread 7.5 - interim version.

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:32 pm

i've had a cheeky / silly £8 on an eagles win TJ

only cos its 15/2
which is crazy, in a 2 horse race

COME ON YOU HEAGLES :thumbsup:

the missus has took most of me golf winnings :bawlin:
bloody woman :doomed: my fault as i promised her some, and am too stupid / honest, to lie about it

so i had a few long odds bets
to try get it back up before the next major golf comp.
Mark

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:37 pm

Mark wrote:i've had a cheeky / silly £8 on an eagles win TJ

only cos its 15/2
which is crazy, in a 2 horse race

COME ON YOU HEAGLES :thumbsup:

the missus has took most of me golf winnings :bawlin:
bloody woman :doomed: my fault as i promised her some, and am too stupid / honest, to lie about it

so i had a few long odds bets
to try get it back up before the next major golf comp.

I've got a sneaking suspicion Palace will get something out of tonight's game, lets hope so. :thumbsup:

Snooker coming up soon - O'sullivan's got to be favourite to win but there sould be some good odd's on other players and different aspects of the tournament.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:52 pm

i dont know enough about snooker, to have any sensible bets tbh

i struggle with football :gigglesnshit:

but have had success with golf majors and the ryder cup

little tip
always bet on Poults to win every match & be top scorer
hes made me nuff money that gooner :thumbsup:

i was a bit nervous when the 2 younguns were matching bubba
cos i'd never heard of em, let alone backed em :doomed:
Mark

Postby Trapper John » Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:53 pm

Better news coming from the Arsenal camp, gradually our walking wounded are returning, with the exception of Theo Walcott, out until the new season.

Aaron Ramsey seems to settling back in after being out for many weeks and the chances are very good for a return on Sunday, at least to the bench, for Mesut Ozil and Jack Wilshire. Also good to see that loan signing Kim Kallstrom appears to have settled in effortlessly in the few short spells he's had on the pitch.

Strange for an Arsenal team - last night's out field player selection featured no-one under the age of Olivier Giroud at 27 years.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 17, 2014 4:41 am

Fantastic result last night for Crystal Palace, they completely out played Everton on their own turf, coming away with all 3 points in a 3-2 victory in which they were never behind.

Of course, I am happy as it now leaves Everton, the only realistic challengers for a top 4 spot, 1 point behind Arsenal on the same games played....a far cry from the weekend where if you'd listened to everyone, Everton were going end the season in 4th place at the expense of Arsenal.

I have high hopes that Arsenal can now even challenge Man City for 3rd spot, after listening to their dire performance against Sunderland last night, where but for some unforgivably sloppy keeping from Sunderland's Manone, gifted them a draw in the 89th minute, despite a blatant hand ball during the build up, being completely ignored by the ref.

Of course he won't get it but, Tony Pulis deserves manager of the season for single handedly rescuing Palace from the jaws of relegation. I bet there are quite a few owners and boards of directors of clubs, currently struggling to save their Premier League status, who wish now they had given Tony Pulis the time of day when he was out of work....instead of employing managers with foreign names as if there was some magic in them.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:39 am

wtf are man city playing at, why not just hand liverpool the trophy
Creamola Foam

Postby Sunny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:50 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:Fantastic result last night for Crystal Palace, they completely out played Everton on their own turf, coming away with all 3 points in a 3-2 victory in which they were never behind.

Of course, I am happy as it now leaves Everton, the only realistic challengers for a top 4 spot, 1 point behind Arsenal on the same games played....a far cry from the weekend where if you'd listened to everyone, Everton were going end the season in 4th place at the expense of Arsenal.

I have high hopes that Arsenal can now even challenge Man City for 3rd spot, after listening to their dire performance against Sunderland last night, where but for some unforgivably sloppy keeping from Sunderland's Manone, gifted them a draw in the 89th minute, despite a blatant hand ball during the build up, being completely ignored by the ref.

Of course he won't get it but, Tony Pulis deserves manager of the season for single handedly rescuing Palace from the jaws of relegation. I bet there are quite a few owners and boards of directors of clubs, currently struggling to save their Premier League status, who wish now they had given Tony Pulis the time of day when he was out of work....instead of employing managers with foreign names as if there was some magic in them.

You lucky sods!!!! :laughing:
Wtf the fook was that from everton.
And how unlucky was city against Liverpool two penalties not given and Suarez's diving again unfuckenbelivable.....but scousers have Chelsea to play that will be interesting match to see. :thumbsup:
And creamola welcome back so how was my home country did u enjoy it??? :razz:
And mark good to see you on here.....u lost your way but found us again LOL
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:52 am

hey gorgeous hows you???

yeah didnt have long enough there but enjoyed it. Manly was best place I went, could spend ages there
Creamola Foam

Postby Sunny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:54 am

Creamola Foam wrote:hey gorgeous hows you???

yeah didnt have long enough there but enjoyed it. Manly was best place I went, could spend ages there

I went there with the little ferry crossed over its fab I stayed in darling harbour. :canny:
I am well hun, just school holidays now and cant stay long damn it but will be back posting from Tuesday when school is back....damn it u missed Prince William for a few days ahahahahahhaa
Sunny

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:57 am

Sunny wrote:

I went there with the little ferry crossed over its fab I stayed in darling harbour. :canny:
I am well hun, just school holidays now and cant stay long damn it but will be back posting from Tuesday when school is back....damn it u missed Prince William for a few days ahahahahahhaa

went to madamme tussauds at darling harbour, had a nice lunch there too, also got the ferry to manly...loved the harbour and beach there

aint gutted about missing royals :smilin:
Creamola Foam

Postby Sunny » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:02 am

Creamola Foam wrote:
Sunny wrote:

went to madamme tussauds at darling harbour, had a nice lunch there too, also got the ferry to manly...loved the harbour and beach there

LOl I bet u aint. oh and did u enjoy the aussie accent? :mrgreen:
Anyway stay well mate and catch ya soon, my kid has started the I am bored scenario..... :thud:
Might leave her at her mates and get a couple of hours to my self, I had her mate the other day so my turn I guess :mrgreen:
Sunny

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:23 am

Sunny wrote:
Creamola Foam wrote:
Sunny wrote:

LOl I bet u aint. oh and did u enjoy the aussie accent? :mrgreen:
Anyway stay well mate and catch ya soon, my kid has started the I am bored scenario..... :thud:
Might leave her at her mates and get a couple of hours to my self, I had her mate the other day so my turn I guess :mrgreen:

i liked some of the accents, but i also hate the way they raise their tone at the end of every scentence lol

have fun with the kids
Creamola Foam

Postby Trapper John » Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:56 am

Creamola Foam wrote:wtf are man city playing at, why not just hand liverpool the trophy

I believe there was the question of a little bet.... :whistle:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Creamola Foam » Thu Apr 17, 2014 11:14 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Creamola Foam wrote:wtf are man city playing at, why not just hand liverpool the trophy

I believe there was the question of a little bet.... :whistle:

i havent forgotten , just not confident now :smilin:
Creamola Foam

Next

Return to The Archive