Sunny's Football Thread Part Nine.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny's Football Thread Part Nine.

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:13 am

Thanks for answering my question about what "mugging" meant. I looked it up myself. In future don't strain yourself or even better don't use Cockney slang.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:35 am

Victoria wrote:Thanks for answering my question about what "mugging" meant. I looked it up myself. In future don't strain yourself or even better don't use Cockney slang.

Sorry, I didn't see it ..... anyway I thought it was obvious 'Mug' 'Mugging' 'Mugged' would have thought they were pretty universal terms. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:59 am

Was watching the Aston Villa v Newcastle game on MotD this morning and I thought, I wonder why no big time Oil sheik or Russian Oligarch has come in and taken them over?

Villa is up for sale at the moment and Mike Ashley would sell Newcastle in a heartbeat if someone met his overpriced valuation.

Both clubs have long and illustrious histories, are in a massive fan catchment area and have huge loyal fan bases, they would easily fill a 60,000 seat stadium every home game if someone put money into them.

I don't know what attracted the Mansours to Manchester City, but I would have thought both the other clubs were better options.

It must have something to do with maximum investments...I mean, the Premier League has 4 huge clubs and another 2 or 3 bubbling under, all vying for the same thing. I guess another one entering the scene doesn't make good business sense because it's watering down the prize pot.

Also, I don't know why someone hasn't come in for Rangers or Celtic or both. They are almost guaranteed to fight for top spot every season (when Rangers get back that is) and so are guaranteed Champions League football, which is what all these foreign owners seem to be worried about.

If I was a billionaire, I'd certainly look at any of those clubs as a plaything.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:32 am

Well, a nice draw for everton and arsenal match......just need a win for spurs today against QPR and lovely jubbly. :smilin:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:48 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:Thanks for answering my question about what "mugging" meant. I looked it up myself. In future don't strain yourself or even better don't use Cockney slang.

Sorry, I didn't see it ..... anyway I thought it was obvious 'Mug' 'Mugging' 'Mugged' would have thought they were pretty universal terms. :dunno:

Well in Scotland it means being relieved of your valuables.

efter ye've been banged round the heid wae somethin.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:57 am

Sunny wrote:Well, a nice draw for everton and arsenal match......just need a win for spurs today against QPR and lovely jubbly. :smilin:

Hi Sunny. :Hiya:

Good luck later today. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:10 am

Sunny wrote:Well, a nice draw for everton and arsenal match......just need a win for spurs today against QPR and lovely jubbly. :smilin:

Looking forward to watching the Spuds at lunchtime? .....forget all the unpacking and cleaning, there are some things more important in life, football is one of them...... you should turn QPR over without too much trouble. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:13 am

Here you are Vicks, this is why there is no other team like the Arsenal in the Premier League - it's where they get the term 'the beautiful game'

Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:20 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:

Looking forward to watching the Spuds at lunchtime? .....forget all the unpacking and cleaning, there are some things more important in life, football is one of them...... you should turn QPR over without too much trouble. :thumbsup:

lets hope TJ. :wink:
Sunny

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:29 am

A man has been charged with streaking at Ibrox during the Rugby Sevens that were held there during the Commonwealth Games, another three men have been charged with running onto the pitch.

Shameful behaviour.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:54 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:Here you are Vicks, this is why there is no other team like the Arsenal in the Premier League - it's where they get the term 'the beautiful game'

You're a comedian at times.
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:05 am

Victoria wrote:

Thanks Vicky..... :wubbers:
Sunny

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:09 am

Sunny wrote:
Victoria wrote:

Hi Sunny. :wubbers:

It's nice to see you back, your're looking great. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:25 pm

A convincing win for Spurs today

Tottenham 4 QPR 0

Today's victory puts Spurs top of the League Table and two points ahead of their London rivals Arsenal. :NAA:
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:29 pm

Victoria wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Victoria wrote:

Hi Sunny. :wubbers:

It's nice to see you back, your're looking great. :thumbsup:

Thanks Vix. :smilin:

and oooooooooooh spurs jump to 1st a very polished spurs, had to hear it on the radio but boys did well. Liking what I am hearing with the players, lamela too all chipping in and doing nicely. Chadli got two goals who I adore. :wubwub:
and adebayor...got one.. :laughing:
and our new man got one. :wink:

All coming along nicely may it last. :cool:

Spurs 4 QPR 0
Sunny

Previous

Return to The Archive