Sunny's Football Thread Part Nine.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny's Football Thread Part Nine.

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:01 pm

Les wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Les wrote:2-2 now..

I see Liverpool don't play until Monday Les, a big game for them, Man City away from home.

Aye. I'll probably go to the pub to watch that one. :more beer:

It should be a good game Les, both teams are expected to be strong challengers for the title.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:05 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:Every now and again you see a game and think 'I'm just going to give up watching football' ..... in the main because of fucking useless match officials, last seasons match against Man City was one, this was another.

The game started brightly for Arsenal, Wenger was trying a new line up without target man Giroud, using Sanchez up the middle backed up by Ramsey, Wilshire, Ozil and Chamberlain.

It was working reasonably well, but not producing the vital finish. Then against the run of play, Everton went on the break, Ozil lost his man, wallop - flying header into the net - 1-0. good goal, no complaints.

Arsenal kept up the pressure for the rest of the half but were unable to produce an equaliser, with Everton going on the break whenever they won the ball back.

Then with seconds to go before half time, the ball landed between Lukaku and Mertesacker, both went for the ball - Lukaku has Mertesacker's legs away - stonewall foul which the ref waves on. Lukaku is now on his own racing towards goal, makes a long pass to that dirty cheating ginger haired cunt, Naismith, who is a yard offside in line with the linesman and hammers it home.

Both were as obvious as the nose on you face and confirmed later in replays, yet non of the officials see them. :dunno:

All through the game, Everton players were mugging the officials and they were swallowing it, leading to a flurry of yellow cards for Arsenal players.

Wenger changed the set up at half time, taking Sanchez off and bringing Giroud on. We were away then, Everton were struggling against play once again as Ramsey plonked in at short distance from a cross. Then again, minutes before end of normal time, Giroud slots in the equaliser.

Given another 10 minutes we'd have had them, such was our superiority in the second half, not that we needed to - Everton's second goal should never have counted on two counts.

This is what wins and loses titles - refereeing decisions - and like last season, they are just not up to it.

Unless he's dyed his hair, Steven Naismith has blonde hair.

Anyway i prefer to just call him a cunt myself.

I haven't forgotten what he did at Rangers.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:10 pm

Victoria wrote:
Trapezerjohn wrote:Every now and again you see a game and think 'I'm just going to give up watching football' ..... in the main because of fucking useless match officials, last seasons match against Man City was one, this was another.

The game started brightly for Arsenal, Wenger was trying a new line up without target man Giroud, using Sanchez up the middle backed up by Ramsey, Wilshire, Ozil and Chamberlain.

It was working reasonably well, but not producing the vital finish. Then against the run of play, Everton went on the break, Ozil lost his man, wallop - flying header into the net - 1-0. good goal, no complaints.

Arsenal kept up the pressure for the rest of the half but were unable to produce an equaliser, with Everton going on the break whenever they won the ball back.

Then with seconds to go before half time, the ball landed between Lukaku and Mertesacker, both went for the ball - Lukaku has Mertesacker's legs away - stonewall foul which the ref waves on. Lukaku is now on his own racing towards goal, makes a long pass to that dirty cheating ginger haired cunt, Naismith, who is a yard offside in line with the linesman and hammers it home.

Both were as obvious as the nose on you face and confirmed later in replays, yet non of the officials see them. :dunno:

All through the game, Everton players were mugging the officials and they were swallowing it, leading to a flurry of yellow cards for Arsenal players.

Wenger changed the set up at half time, taking Sanchez off and bringing Giroud on. We were away then, Everton were struggling against play once again as Ramsey plonked in at short distance from a cross. Then again, minutes before end of normal time, Giroud slots in the equaliser.

Given another 10 minutes we'd have had them, such was our superiority in the second half, not that we needed to - Everton's second goal should never have counted on two counts.

This is what wins and loses titles - refereeing decisions - and like last season, they are just not up to it.

Unless he's dyed his hair, Steven Naismith has blonde hair.

Anyway i prefer to just call him a cunt myself.

I haven't forgotten what he did at Rangers.

Well his head is shaved but I detect ginger in the stubble and he's Scottish so it's odds on I'm right.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:16 pm

naismith.jpg
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:16 pm

Yes i see what you mean, his hairs the exact same colour as Chris Evans.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Oh and by the way Mr, not everyone in Scotland has ginger hair as you can see.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:26 pm

The bit on the top has a ginger tinge to it. :snooty:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:27 pm

Les wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Les wrote:2-2 now..

I see Liverpool don't play until Monday Les, a big game for them, Man City away from home.

Aye. I'll probably go to the pub to watch that one. :more beer:

I have to say Les, I think City are going to give your lot a right mullering, Monday night.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:35 pm

I wonder what possessed Arsene Wenger to try out this new line up in a game as important as this one? .... he should have left it for a home match against a lesser team, where winning will be a lot easier.

I don't know if he'll try it out again but if he does, choose the opponents better next time please, Arsene.

I suppose a draw against a tough side like Everton at home isn't too bad, I'd have bit several arms off for it with 15 minutes left. It's just that seeing the way we played second half, grabbing the two goals back - the goal that should have been disallowed twice leaves a nasty taste in the mouth.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:41 pm

Trapezerjohn wrote:The bit on the top has a ginger tinge to it. :snooty:

Yes okay i admit it, it has. :laughing:

Nite Nite

:nap:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:06 am

Alexis Sanchez is coming in for a lot of criticism following yesterday's game between Everton and Arsenal. He didn't touch the ball once in the first-half of yesterday's game before he substituted at half time. He's also failed to score now in all four games he played for the Gunners. Arsene splashed out £35 million for him in the summer as well. It looks like Arsenal have bought a dud.

But to be fair they did have the better possession in yesterday's game. They also had the most fouls. 28 compared to Everton's 10. I think you need to have a word with the Lads about this, Arsene.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:48 am

Victoria wrote:Alexis Sanchez is coming in for a lot of criticism following yesterday's game between Everton and Arsenal. He didn't touch the ball once in the first-half of yesterday's game before he substituted at half time. He's also failed to score now in all four games he played for the Gunners. Arsene splashed out £35 million for him in the summer as well. It looks like Arsenal have bought a dud.

But to be fair they did have the better possession in yesterday's game. They also had the most fouls. 28 compared to Everton's 10. I think you need to have a word with the Lads about this, Arsene.

Diving isn't being fouled, some of the Everton players would have made great partners for Tom Daley. The officials were abysmal yesterday and I watched MotD last night, they are as anti Arsenal as they've always been. At least Sky are more impartial and showed the Lukaku foul on Mertesacker before the second offside goal.

Slight exaggeration about him not touching the ball, he showed his strength and stamina with a great move in the first half, which the BBC chose not to show. Arsenal lost the ball in Everton's 18 yard box and they went on a break, Sanchez chased it from one end of the pitch to the other and relieved an Everton player of it, setting up another Arsenal attack.

I'm not worried about Sanchez, he'll come good. The point is, he is not an out and out striker, he's primarily a winger who can play centre forward if necessary. Why Wenger decided to go out with that set up yesterday, I don't know. An important Premier league game is hardly the right place to start experimenting with formations.

People are quick to forget, Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp both went a dozen games or more before they found the back of the net for their first Arsenal goals ...... once they did, they never stopped.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:18 am

Trapezerjohn wrote:
Victoria wrote:Alexis Sanchez is coming in for a lot of criticism following yesterday's game between Everton and Arsenal. He didn't touch the ball once in the first-half of yesterday's game before he substituted at half time. He's also failed to score now in all four games he played for the Gunners. Arsene splashed out £35 million for him in the summer as well. It looks like Arsenal have bought a dud.

Diving isn't being fouled, some of the Everton players would have made great partners for Tom Daley. The officials were abysmal yesterday and I watched MotD last night, they are as anti Arsenal as they've always been. At least Sky are more impartial and showed the Lukaku foul on Mertesacker before the second offside goal.

Slight exaggeration about him not touching the ball, he showed his strength and stamina with a great move in the first half, which the BBC chose not to show. Arsenal lost the ball in Everton's 18 yard box and they went on a break, Sanchez chased it from one end of the pitch to the other and relieved an Everton player of it, setting up another Arsenal attack.

I'm not worried about Sanchez, he'll come good. The point is, he is not an out and out striker, he's primarily a winger who can play centre forward if necessary. Why Wenger decided to go out with that set up yesterday, I don't know. An important Premier league game is hardly the right place to start experimenting with formations.

People are quick to forget, Thierry Henry and Dennis Bergkamp both went a dozen games or more before they found the back of the net for their first Arsenal goals ...... once they did, they never stopped.

Actually i made two mistakes in my post. The first one was about the fouls, it was 18 and 28 and Sanchez did touch the ball, just not in the Everton half.

I wouldn't worry about him too much. Sometimes it takes a player a little while to settle in at a new club. I'm sure he'll start banging them in soon.

Oh and when you say "mugging" do you mean conning them? It's not an expression i've heard before.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:28 am

There is one thing I can take from our last three games, we haven't played well but we've stuck at it and got a result.

Everton ran out of steam yesterday, as did Palace and Besiktas - Arsenal just keep rolling on and their efforts get rewarded - our new fitness and conditioner man seems to be working wonders.

Just a little tip, the pundits on MotD only watch highlights like the rest of us, they haven't seen every minute of every game, so take what they say with a pinch of salt.

The stats from yesterday show Arsenal had more possession, more shots on and off target more possession in the opponents half.

I watched the whole game, Everton's entire plan was to hoof it up to Lukaku and catch us on the break, it worked to an extent.

What did make me laugh, was Shearer saying 'great goal' from Naismith, great pass .... then Lineker goes, "offside?" and Shearer says "oh yes, but a great goal" .....wanker.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:09 am

Marco Negri was a striker who made an instant impression when he joined Rangers. Signed for nearly £4 million from Perugia back in 1997, he scored 23 goals in his first 10 games. He played 30 games for Rangers and scored 32 goals in total, but then after an unfortunate accident playing Squash and other "issues" he never played for Rangers again.

He was a very dour character. I mean he scored five goals in one game once and barely cracked a smile.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive