Sunny's Football Thread Part Nine.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny's Football Thread Part Nine.

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:28 pm

A nice photo of our Captain Lee McCulloch scoring in Rangers 4.1 victory today over Dumbarton at Ibrox. It was Rangers first home win of the season and they won the game comfortably. Darren McGregor and Nicky Clark scored Rangers second and third goals and the fourth goal was an own goal scored by Lee Turner of Dumbarton. Dumbarton's goal was scored by Bilel Moshni of Rangers.

I was very confident that Rangers would win today and as i said this morning Dumbarton haven't won at Ibrox since 1892.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:30 pm

The Everton v Arsenal game is about to kick off, so here's hoping the Gunners win.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:35 pm

Mark and Lordy's Leeds had a bad result today at Watford, they lost 4.1.

Punkers Brechin had a 2.2 draw at Stranraer. Unlucky result for Brechin, they were in front for most of the game, but Stranraer equalised in the 90th minute.
Vicky

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:11 pm

Everton 1 Arsenal 0 :gigglesnshit:

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:20 pm

Victoria wrote:The Everton v Arsenal game is about to kick off, so here's hoping the Gunners win.

Everton 2 Arsenal 0 :leer:

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:02 pm

Guest wrote:
Victoria wrote:The Everton v Arsenal game is about to kick off, so here's hoping the Gunners win.

Everton 2 Arsenal 0 :leer:

I'm aware of the score, i am able to look them up myself you know. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:05 pm

Oh and as i said earlier about there being two own goals in the Rangers game, one at each end, it was a Celtic player who scored the winner for Caley Thistle today.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:14 pm

Arsenal have pulled one back, Aaron Ramsey has scored.

2.1 now
Vicky

Postby Les » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:22 pm

2-2 now..
Les

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:22 pm

2.2 now at Goodison park, Giroud has equalised for the Gunners.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:25 pm

Les wrote:2-2 now..

I see Liverpool don't play until Monday Les, a big game for them, Man City away from home.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:26 pm

Full Time

Everton 2 Arsenal 2
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:30 pm

Oh and i must be honest....

I know i was having a go at Aaron Ramsey during the week but i was watching an interview with him yesterday and i must admit, he did come across as very likeable in it.
Vicky

Postby Les » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:35 pm

Victoria wrote:
Les wrote:2-2 now..

I see Liverpool don't play until Monday Les, a big game for them, Man City away from home.

Aye. I'll probably go to the pub to watch that one. :more beer:
Les

Postby Trapper John » Sat Aug 23, 2014 6:53 pm

Every now and again you see a game and think 'I'm just going to give up watching football' ..... in the main because of fucking useless match officials, last seasons match against Man City was one, this was another.

The game started brightly for Arsenal, Wenger was trying a new line up without target man Giroud, using Sanchez up the middle backed up by Ramsey, Wilshire, Ozil and Chamberlain.

It was working reasonably well, but not producing the vital finish. Then against the run of play, Everton went on the break, Ozil lost his man, wallop - flying header into the net - 1-0. good goal, no complaints.

Arsenal kept up the pressure for the rest of the half but were unable to produce an equaliser, with Everton going on the break whenever they won the ball back.

Then with seconds to go before half time, the ball landed between Lukaku and Mertesacker, both went for the ball - Lukaku has Mertesacker's legs away - stonewall foul which the ref waves on. Lukaku is now on his own racing towards goal, makes a long pass to that dirty cheating ginger haired cunt, Naismith, who is a yard offside in line with the linesman and hammers it home.

Both were as obvious as the nose on you face and confirmed later in replays, yet non of the officials see them. :dunno:

All through the game, Everton players were mugging the officials and they were swallowing it, leading to a flurry of yellow cards for Arsenal players.

Wenger changed the set up at half time, taking Sanchez off and bringing Giroud on. We were away then, Everton were struggling against play once again as Ramsey plonked in at short distance from a cross. Then again, minutes before end of normal time, Giroud slots in the equaliser.

Given another 10 minutes we'd have had them, such was our superiority in the second half, not that we needed to - Everton's second goal should never have counted on two counts.

This is what wins and loses titles - refereeing decisions - and like last season, they are just not up to it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive