Random Stuff Part Six.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Six.

Postby Gabby » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:51 pm

Holly wrote:
Poca wrote:
measurer wrote:Being repetitious - which BB is - would lead me to conclude that it [i[isn't[/i] random, so Holly has a point,

But just making the odd post about it is random!...... there's approx 600 posts been made on these 'Random' threads so far.... a very small percentage is BB related!

Go to the right thread FFS and stop arguing :roll:

I meant 'pages' btw.... not posts! :thumbsup:
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:52 pm

Poca wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Les wrote:
Vamonos wrote:Okaay...I know I'll probably be in for a bit of a mauling from Pokes here in her usual 'upfront yoff' style (accompanied by the predictably sycophantic >> :thumbsup: :gigglesnshit: :pmsl: :Hiya: << from Tinkerbell).

Genuine question, though: why would you guys want to discuss BB specifics in such great detail here (on the Random Thread)? :ooer:

Let's leave aside the fact that Holls has already asked you to take this subject elsewhere. You obviously can't be arsed, or think you're too important, to do what a Mod asks you. But given that you're both getting into discussing all the itches and farts of the latest BB series, aren't you worried that you might miss something one of you may have posted in this thread (the Random thread)?

Or are you doing it just to try and piss people off? A bit like this, which is how I always picture Tinkerbell anyway...

I don't really think that this forum has a large enough user base to worry about certain topics going elsewhere. Yes there is a TV section, but most people don't post in it or probably even read it, so if you did post there you generally end up talking to yourself - so I can see their point. For example, I commented on Dr Who in this thread yesterday..

Yes, they could set up a bb thread in the Arms and use that, but is it that much of a big deal if they don't? It is hard to be off topic in a random thread.

I suppose everyone else could simply post in other threads and leave them to randomly chatter about BB in here.

Alternatively..... you could wipe away the snot and tears and stop moaning! :thumbsup:

No snot or tears here... and you seem to be doing plenty of moaning tonight yourself.
Dimples

Postby Gabby » Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:55 pm

Dimples wrote:
Poca wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Les wrote:
Vamonos wrote:Okaay...I know I'll probably be in for a bit of a mauling from Pokes here in her usual 'upfront yoff' style (accompanied by the predictably sycophantic >> :thumbsup: :gigglesnshit: :pmsl: :Hiya: << from Tinkerbell).

Genuine question, though: why would you guys want to discuss BB specifics in such great detail here (on the Random Thread)? :ooer:

Let's leave aside the fact that Holls has already asked you to take this subject elsewhere. You obviously can't be arsed, or think you're too important, to do what a Mod asks you. But given that you're both getting into discussing all the itches and farts of the latest BB series, aren't you worried that you might miss something one of you may have posted in this thread (the Random thread)?

Or are you doing it just to try and piss people off? A bit like this, which is how I always picture Tinkerbell anyway...

I don't really think that this forum has a large enough user base to worry about certain topics going elsewhere. Yes there is a TV section, but most people don't post in it or probably even read it, so if you did post there you generally end up talking to yourself - so I can see their point. For example, I commented on Dr Who in this thread yesterday..

Yes, they could set up a bb thread in the Arms and use that, but is it that much of a big deal if they don't? It is hard to be off topic in a random thread.

I suppose everyone else could simply post in other threads and leave them to randomly chatter about BB in here.

Alternatively..... you could wipe away the snot and tears and stop moaning! :thumbsup:

No snot or tears here... and you seem to be doing plenty of moaning tonight yourself.

I'm not moaning... or arguing.......... I'm just stating why I think it's not unreasonable to make a few passing comments about BB in a thread intended for any topic.... fuck me, there's been more than enough repetitive crap in it!
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:06 am

But why do you seem to be so averse to posting about it in the Showbiz section? Nobody else apart from you and Snuff has any interest in it and they can't interact with the discussion - but at times that discussion dominates the thread.

Of course I agree that some other topics sometimes do the same but they are rarely just a dialogue between two people and others can and do join in when they wish.

Your idea of a random thread is fine and yes, sometimes the topics will veer into non-random territory... but this discussion of Big Brother is being deliberately carried out here when you both know very well that nobody else wants to read it. So it isn't random, as measurer says.
Last edited by Dimples on Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dimples

Postby Holly » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:09 am

Dimples wrote:But why do you seem to be so averse to posting about it in the Showbiz section? Nobody else apart from you and Snuff has any interest in it and can't interact with the discussion - but at times that discussion dominates the thread.

Of course I agree that some other topics sometimes do the same but they are rarely just a dialogue between two people and others can and do join in when they wish.

Your idea of a random thread is fine and yes, sometimes the topics will veer into non-random territory... but this discussion of Big Brother is being deliberately carried out here when you both know very well that nobody else wants to read it. So it isn't random, as measurer says.

:thumbsup: ...and because I asked them not to.
Holly

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:12 am

Dimples wrote:But why do you seem to be so averse to posting about it in the Showbiz section? Nobody else apart from you and Snuff has any interest in it and can't interact with the discussion - but at times that discussion dominates the thread.

But maybe there's a lot of other stuff in this thread... and other threads, that people don't want to read..... but that's the nature of forums is it not?.... and it's not intentionally deliberate that I make comments about BB here at all!
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:23 am

Poca wrote:

But maybe there's a lot of other stuff in this thread... and other threads, that people don't want to read..... but that's the nature of forums is it not?.... and it's not intentionally deliberate that I make comments about BB here at all!

Maybe YOU don't. :wink:

Yes, I acknowledged that not everyone wants to read everything that is posted... But it's glaringly apparent that there are only two people who do want to read and post about BB. You have been asked to take that topic to the appropriate forum but you refuse... so it just looks a bit inflammatory and provocative.
Dimples

Postby Gabby » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:26 am

Dimples wrote:
Poca wrote:

Yes, I acknowledged that not everyone wants to read everything that is posted... But it's glaringly apparent that there are only two people who do want to read and post about BB. You have been asked to take that topic to the appropriate forum but you refuse... so it just looks a bit inflammatory and provocative.

Right ok :thud: ..... I don't get it, but it seems I'm in the minority here!!.... anyway goodnight Dimps.... off to catch up with tonights BB!! :laughing: ...... :Hiya:
Gabby

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:35 am

Poca wrote:
Dimples wrote:
Poca wrote:

Right ok :thud: ..... I don't get it, but it seems I'm in the minority here!!.... anyway goodnight Dimps.... off to catch up with tonights BB!! :laughing: ...... :Hiya:

Goodnight. :smilin:

I'm heading to bed too. Night night folks. :Hiya:
Dimples

Postby Vicky » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:14 am

p5150357.jpg
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:16 am

Hamish The Highland Cow. Hamish is a national treasure in Scotland, you can buy books about him and soft toys. He even has his own Facebook page.

Cute ain't he. :wubbers:
Vicky

Postby measurer » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:20 am

My heilan coo is a better looking specimen! lol Not the same cow right enough, but mine even posed for me - I'm sure I've seen him in Mooo Money....

( I'll get my coat... ) lol
measurer

Postby Dimples » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:26 am

Good evening! :Hiya:
Dimples

Postby Holly » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:27 am

Dimples wrote:Good evening! :Hiya:

Good evening :Hiya:

:gigglesnshit:
Holly