Sunny's Football Thread Part Eleven.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny's Football Thread Part Eleven.

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:43 pm

Actually Messi played in the Barcelona team that faced Rangers in Glasgow in 2007 and then moaned his head off afterwards because Barcelona hadn't managed to beat Rangers. Theirry Henry played in that game as well.

Messi did however, praise the Rangers fans and the stadium.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:45 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Creamola Foam wrote:would love to see messi in the premiership

I'd like to see Messi in the Premier League too, bet he wouldn't get even a third of the goals he scores in La Liga.

i would be willing to take that bet

Do you remember the last bet you had with him?

He lost it and then didn't honour it.
Vicky

Postby Creamola Foam » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:49 pm

Victoria wrote:
Creamola Foam wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

I'd like to see Messi in the Premier League too, bet he wouldn't get even a third of the goals he scores in La Liga.

actually no i can't :pmsl:
Creamola Foam

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Creamola Foam wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

actually no i can't :pmsl:

:Srolleyes:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:31 pm

Man City have ruled themselves out of trying to sign Lionel Messi. Lionel Messi's move to Chelsea could be, potentially worth £352 million. :SShock:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:14 am

Victoria wrote:Man City have ruled themselves out of trying to sign Lionel Messi. Lionel Messi's move to Chelsea could be, potentially worth £352 million. :SShock:

Chelsea will not be able to afford Messi - Doesn't matter that Abramovich can buy the bloke ten times over, Chelsea Football Club do not create enough revenue under the financial fair play rules.

Which is why Man City have ruled themselves out, because they don't either.

The only Club in Britain which might be able to afford him would be Man Utd - but they would have to sell all their top players - so what point would there be having Messi in your team, when the other ten players would be hard pushed to get a start for Accrington Stanley?
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:26 am

Creamola Foam wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

You'd lose and I'll tell you why - Messi would be found out pretty quickly in the Premier League, whichever club he played for, the opposition only has to play them twice a season - and they'd be happy to orchestrate a draw against a team with Messi in it.

Say it was Stoke for instance, they'd put three players on him, give him a kick here and there to let him know where he stands, and he'd be nullified, he knows that, that's why he'll never play anywhere other than Spain - he knows the deference he is shown there by opposition players is why he scores so many goals.

If there are any signs of him wanting to leave, they are just negotiating tools to wrangle a better deal for himself out of Barcelona - the bloke knows just what side his butter is on.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:42 am

There is a reason Barcelona and Real Madrid can have teams full of 'Galacticos' - it's because they have massive wealth creating machines installed at their Clubs.

Although they aren't the only huge Clubs with global appeal and international revenue streams, they have one thing in their favour against the English Premier League Giants - TV rights revenue.

The EPL TV rights deal is by far the biggest in the world, dwarfing everyone else - but the revenue which comes from it is shared fairly amongst all it's members.

In Spain it is different Barca and Real take the lions share - I believe it's around 160million euro's each, the rest of La Liga get the tiny portion which is left to share amongst themselves, for teams at the bottom of La Liga, that can be as little as 5million euros.

Whilst that situation remains, the two Spanish Clubs will always be the biggest in the world and always top their domestic league almost all of the time.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:44 am

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:Man City have ruled themselves out of trying to sign Lionel Messi. Lionel Messi's move to Chelsea could be, potentially worth £352 million. :SShock:

Chelsea will not be able to afford Messi - Doesn't matter that Abramovich can buy the bloke ten times over, Chelsea Football Club do not create enough revenue under the financial fair play rules.

The only Club in Britain which might be able to afford him would be Man Utd - but they would have to sell all their top players - so what point would there be having Messi in your team, when the other ten players would be hard pushed to get a start for Accrington Stanley?

Chelsea reckon they'll be coining it in when Messi signs. I mean think of the merchandising alone, lots of fans will be wanted Messi on their shirt. Ridiculous amount of money to pay for anyone, but he is the best player in the world. Look at his scoring record, nearly 260 goals in 290 games for Barcelona.

That is impressive.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:45 am

Trapper John wrote:There is a reason Barcelona and Real Madrid can have teams full of 'Galacticos' - it's because they have massive wealth creating machines installed at their Clubs.

Although they aren't the only huge Clubs with global appeal and international revenue streams, they have one thing in their favour against the English Premier League Giants - TV rights revenue.

The EPL TV rights deal is by far the biggest in the world, dwarfing everyone else - but the revenue which comes from it is shared fairly amongst all it's members.

In Spain it is different Barca and Real take the lions share - I believe it's around 160million euro's each, the rest of La Liga get the tiny portion which is left to share amongst themselves, for teams at the bottom of La Liga, that can be as little as 5million euros.

Whilst that situation remains, the two Spanish Clubs will always be the biggest in the world and always top their domestic league almost all of the time.

:Srolleyes:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:04 am

Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

Chelsea reckon they'll be coining it in when Messi signs. I mean think of the merchandising alone, lots of fans will be wanted Messi on their shirt. Ridiculous amount of money to pay for anyone, but he is the best player in the world. Look at his scoring record, nearly 260 goals in 290 games for Barcelona.

That is impressive.

His merchandising will not pay for him on it's own - there aren't enough people in the world to buy enough shirts to cover his signing on fee and wages.

Both Man City and Chelsea have had to turn down top players because their revenue would not keep them within the FFP rules.

Manchester City have the biggest wage bill of any sports club in the world, not just football, ANY sports club - including NFL, NHL, NBA - Chelsea will not be very far behind them.

And yes 260 goals in 290 games would be very impressive if he played in the Barclays Premier League instead of La 'mickey mouse' Liga.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:18 am

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:

That is impressive.

His merchandising will not pay for him on it's own - there aren't enough people in the world to buy enough shirts to cover his signing on fee and wages.

Both Man City and Chelsea have had to turn down top players because their revenue would not keep them within the FFP rules.

Manchester City have the biggest wage bill of any sports club in the world, not just football, ANY sports club - including NFL, NHL, NBA - Chelsea will not be very far behind them.

And yes 260 goals in 290 games would be very impressive if he played in the Barclays Premier League instead of La 'mickey mouse' Liga.

Stop that bollocks about the "EPL" being a massive league and the best league in the world because it isn't. You think it's wonderful, the facts say otherwise.

Oh and stop havering about Messi not scoring as many goals in England as he has in Spain, because that man would score that number of goals in any league in the world. He's world class. Not kid on "World Class" like you have in England.
Vicky

Previous

Return to The Archive