Random Stuff Part Nine.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Nine.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:53 am

Heard an awful thing last night.

One of the sub contractors we use regularly, park their vehicles up in a shared lorry park, near Milton Keynes. They keep the rigids and artics there overnight if not being used and share the site with another company who run tankers.

The driver I was speaking to last night told me that two mornings ago he went to the lorry park to collect his vehicle and found that part of the site had been cordoned off, with several Police cars and Policemen in attendance. He asked some other drivers who were standing together, unable to collect their vehicles what had happened?

It appears that one of the tanker drivers was preparing his truck and had been walking around his vehicle doing his checks, when they believe he had a heart attack, or certainly collapsed. Unfortunately he ended up part way under the vehicle parked next to him. At some stage the driver of that vehicle turned up and drove off totally unaware, crushing the head of the unfortunate tanker driver.

When the tanker driver hadn't checked in to give his departure time, they sent a colleague of his up to find out if there was a problem and he found the blokes body - apparently he was physically sick with the shock.

The emergency services arrived and the Police quickly traced the route of the other driver and caught up with him, his vehicle was impounded and he was taken into custody.

I don't think anyone knows yet if the tanker driver was still alive after he collapsed - but the driver of the other vehicle is going to be charged with something, because he obviously didn't carry out his own mandatory vehicle checks before driving off, otherwise he would have found the collapsed driver. All very nasty - I just hope the guy was dead before the rest happened.

Does make you think about life when you hear things like that - the bloke just went to work like he must have done thousands of times before, without having a clue what was about to happen to him - makes you shudder a bit.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:20 am

Trapper John wrote:Heard an awful thing last night.

One of the sub contractors we use regularly, park their vehicles up in a shared lorry park, near Milton Keynes. They keep the rigids and artics there overnight if not being used and share the site with another company who run tankers.

The driver I was speaking to last night told me that two mornings ago he went to the lorry park to collect his vehicle and found that part of the site had been cordoned off, with several Police cars and Policemen in attendance. He asked some other drivers who were standing together, unable to collect their vehicles what had happened?

It appears that one of the tanker drivers was preparing his truck and had been walking around his vehicle doing his checks, when they believe he had a heart attack, or certainly collapsed. Unfortunately he ended up part way under the vehicle parked next to him. At some stage the driver of that vehicle turned up and drove off totally unaware, crushing the head of the unfortunate tanker driver.

When the tanker driver hadn't checked in to give his departure time, they sent a colleague of his up to find out if there was a problem and he found the blokes body - apparently he was physically sick with the shock.

The emergency services arrived and the Police quickly traced the route of the other driver and caught up with him, his vehicle was impounded and he was taken into custody.

I don't think anyone knows yet if the tanker driver was still alive after he collapsed - but the driver of the other vehicle is going to be charged with something, because he obviously didn't carry out his own mandatory vehicle checks before driving off, otherwise he would have found the collapsed driver. All very nasty - I just hope the guy was dead before the rest happened.

Does make you think about life when you hear things like that - the bloke just went to work like he must have done thousands of times before, without having a clue what was about to happen to him - makes you shudder a bit.

That's awful.

I hope the man died instantly and wasn't alive when that happened.

It does make you think about how fragile life is. My dad was talking to a man on Monday at the shops he'd known for years. A few hours later he found out the man had died of a heart attack, about an hour after they'd gone they're separate ways.
Vicky

Postby Seymour » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:35 am

:hide: Mandy Rice-Davies has died.
Seymour

Postby Avon Barksdale » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:48 am

It turns out someone I go drinking with (a friend of a friend) is a picture editor at a well known "lads mag" and I am now on his email group list.

I received probably the most interesting Christmas Card I will receive by email....Wowsers.
Avon Barksdale

Postby Vam » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:54 am

Victoria wrote:
That's awful.

It does make you think about how fragile life is. My dad was talking to a man on Monday at the shops he'd known for years. A few hours later he found out the man had died of a heart attack, about an hour after they'd gone they're separate ways.

Some of Trap's stories leave me lost for words, Vic. This is one of them... :shake head:
Vam

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:07 am

Vamonos wrote:
Victoria wrote:
That's awful.

Some of Trap's stories leave me lost for words, Vic. This is one of them... :shake head:

I know. There was another one a few months ago when he witnessed a terrible accident that someone was killed in.

It left him badly shaken.
Vicky

Postby Vam » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:35 am

Victoria wrote:
I know. There was another one a few months ago when he witnessed a terrible accident that someone was killed in.

I think I remember that, too, Vic. Tragedies like these seem all the worse when they happen at this time of year :shake head:
One thing I've learned beyond doubt, and that's to savour and cherish each day. I learned that from someone very special :wink:
Vam

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:43 am

Truly awful TJ, for all concerned, and proves once again that we never know what's around the corner - thankfully in so many cases.
Snuffleupagus

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:50 am

Vamonos wrote:
Victoria wrote:

I think I remember that, too, Vic. Tragedies like these seem all the worse when they happen at this time of year :shake head:
One thing I've learned beyond doubt, and that's to savour and cherish each day. I learned that from someone very special :wink:

The man i mentioned that died on Monday. His son died earlier this year, he was only 42. It's going to be a very difficult time for them this year.

It really does make you realise none of us, are guaranteed tomorrow.
Vicky

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:55 am

Seymour wrote::hide: Mandy Rice-Davies has died.

I just read about that, didn't know who she was before. :oops:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:09 am

rollup wrote:
Snuffleupagus wrote:Awww, Just saw Father Christmas doing his rounds again, love seeing that. :snowy:

He's not real you know .... no seriously it's some poor sap from the job centre ....

Noooooooooo :bawlin:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Dimples » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:13 am

What a terrible thing to happen. Got to feel so sorry for everyone involved. :shake head:
Dimples

Postby Snuffleupagus » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:17 am

Shops were quiet earlier, going to pop out again shortly, get a few more bits to wrap while there's nobody else home. :leer:
Snuffleupagus

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:36 am

Christmas-Puppies-02.jpg
Vicky

Postby Seymour » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:42 am

Seymour

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive