Sunny's Football Thread Part Twelve.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny's Football Thread Part Twelve.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:38 am

Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:I can't wait until Lionel Messi joins Chelsea and i hope his first game is against Arsenal and he scores about ten goals. Of course the Gunners are used to humiliating defeats.

Man U beat them 8-2

Liverpool beat them 5-1

Chelsea beat them 6-0

Says the expert who knows all about 'humiliating defeats' pretty much every time Rangers step on to the pitch, these days.

Aye pal, that's why Rangers are in second place in the league and are a certainty for promotion. Oh and we beat a team 6-1 in October, we beat a team 8-1 in August. You try and find a result where Rangers have been beaten by such a large margin in recent years.

A score has nothing to do with 'humiliation' - the humiliation comes from the calibre of the opposition which inflicts the defeat on a team.

Being beaten, away from home 6-0 by a club who have had a £billion lavished on them in recent years, is a whole lot different from being beaten 2 or 3-0 by a team who should be several divisions below you.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 7:57 am

For fuck sake give it a rest, TJ.

Oh and thirteen league titles?

That tells me all i need to know about Arsenal and how successful they are.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:10 am

Anyway, enough of arguing with people who haven't got a clue ..... I'm looking forward to the second half of the season.

Arsenal are in good positions in both of our remaining Cup competitions - an emphatic win over Hull City in the FA Cup has brought us a next round tie against Brighton and drawing Monaco in the first knockout round of the Champions League sees us favourites to reach the quarter finals.

In the Premier League we are beginning to shrug off our bad start, most importantly, many of our key players out with long term injuries are due back within a week or so.

Olivier Giroud has served his ban and will be back - also having been out for months with a broken ankle, as was Mathieu Debuchy who has just returned to the first team. Laurent Koscielny and Kieron Gibbs are fit again as is Mathieu Flamini.

More good news, Mesut Ozil is back in full training and could even start at Stoke this Sunday and Aaron Ramsey and Danny Welbeck are awaiting assessment with a view to start full training now.

Arteta and Wilshire are still probably a month away from fitness but that isn't a big problem.

Most importantly, superman Alexis Sanchez shows no sign of burnout and just gets better and better every game he plays. Couple that with Alex Oxlade Chamberlain putting in some brilliant performances along with Santi Cazorla's new lease of life and newcomer Callum Chambers fitting effortlessly in to the team - it all looks very good for the trials ahead.

GOYG!
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:23 am

Trapper John wrote:Anyway, enough of arguing with people who haven't got a clue ..... I'm looking forward to the second half of the season.

Arsenal are in good positions in both of our remaining Cup competitions - an emphatic win over Hull City in the FA Cup has brought us a next round tie against Brighton and drawing Monaco in the first knockout round of the Champions League sees us favourites to reach the quarter finals.

In the Premier League we are beginning to shrug off our bad start, most importantly, many of our key players out with long term injuries are due back within a week or so.

Olivier Giroud has served his ban and will be back - also having been out for months with a broken ankle, as was Mathieu Debuchy who has just returned to the first team. Laurent Koscielny and Kieron Gibbs are fit again as is Mathieu Flamini.

More good news, Mesut Ozil is back in full training and could even start at Stoke this Sunday and Aaron Ramsey and Danny Welbeck are awaiting assessment with a view to start full training now.

Arteta and Wilshire are still probably a month away from fitness but that isn't a big problem.

Most importantly, superman Alexis Sanchez shows no sign of burnout and just gets better and better every game he plays. Couple that with Alex Oxlade Chamberlain putting in some brilliant performances along with Santi Cazorla's new lease of life and newcomer Callum Chambers fitting effortlessly in to the team - it all looks very good for the trials ahead.

GOYG!

You really are a complete and utter dickhead.

I bet you've had your jaw rattled a few times with the complete and utter pish you come out with about football and if you haven't. You've been fucking lucky.

Never has one person posted so much shite about football than you. Now you keep supporting that bunch of underperforming tossers from London that are being led by that clueless auld frog and i'll continue to laugh at them, as they finish the season winning fuck all and being lucky to qualify for the Europa League. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:25 am

I'm going out.

I may be some time. :Hiya:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:27 am

Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Anyway, enough of arguing with people who haven't got a clue ..... I'm looking forward to the second half of the season.

GOYG!

I bet you've had your jaw rattled a few times with the complete and utter pish you come out with about football and if you haven't. You've been fucking lucky.

Never has one person posted so much shite about football than you. Now you keep supporting that bunch of underperforming tossers from London that are being led by that clueless auld frog and i'll continue to laugh at them, as they finish the season winning fuck all and being lucky to qualify for the Europa League. :thumbsup:

I make a note of all these page numbers, you know - so I can throw all the crap you spout back in your face at the end of the season. :thumbsup:

Rangers can only dream of a place in the Europa League. :gigglesnshit:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:36 am

Arsenal forward Lukas Podolski has completed his loan move to Inter Milan.

The fee for the move is said to be a modest £470,000 plus another £500,000 if he can help Inter to a trophy or European placement.

Arsene Wenger was quick to point out it is only a loan and that Podolski is still an Arsenal player, no view to a permanent move has been discussed or is involved in the deal.

Most importantly though, Inter will have to pay his full salary, £110,000 pw which makes that sum available should Wenger decide to take anyone on in this transfer window.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:23 am

Trapper John wrote:Liverpool were lucky to get away with a victory at division 2 side AFC Wimbledon - 1-2 which was decided by a Gerrard free kick.

Quite honestly Wimbledon deserved a replay at Anfield because they certainly worried Liverpool and had several good chances to even the score.....Wimbledon didn't look like a side 70 odd places below Liverpool on the football ladder, they gave their all and a draw would have been a fair result.

Talking of draws, Spurs have now got to replay Burnley at White Hart Lane, after only managing a 1-1 draw. Not something any team is gonna want, especially with the way the Premier League is poised and having Europa League games and a League Cup semi too.

Teams already competing in two or three competitions have either got to win at first shot, or drop out the most minor .... Spurs don't appear to be able to make up their mind what to do.

Well actually we are a big squad, and this way we keep all the players happy. So no problem at all. :smilin:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 9:53 am

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Liverpool were lucky to get away with a victory at division 2 side AFC Wimbledon - 1-2 which was decided by a Gerrard free kick.

Quite honestly Wimbledon deserved a replay at Anfield because they certainly worried Liverpool and had several good chances to even the score.....Wimbledon didn't look like a side 70 odd places below Liverpool on the football ladder, they gave their all and a draw would have been a fair result.

Talking of draws, Spurs have now got to replay Burnley at White Hart Lane, after only managing a 1-1 draw. Not something any team is gonna want, especially with the way the Premier League is poised and having Europa League games and a League Cup semi too.

Teams already competing in two or three competitions have either got to win at first shot, or drop out the most minor .... Spurs don't appear to be able to make up their mind what to do.

Well actually we are a big squad, and this way we keep all the players happy. So no problem at all. :smilin:

OK ......... I'll remember that when Spurs are squealing at the end of the season that it was because of all the games they've had to play, that they ended up with ZIP! :smilin:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:01 am

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:

GOYG!

I make a note of all these page numbers, you know - so I can throw all the crap you spout back in your face at the end of the season. :thumbsup:

Aye don't worry pal, i've got all your guff filed away as well. Oh and as for Europe? Anytime we've played in the Champions League it was because we qualified as the Champions. Not because the rules are bent and they let pish teams like Arsenal play in it as well.

Oh and remind me who's team played in a European final more recently? Mine or yours?
Vicky

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:08 am

Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:

OK ......... I'll remember that when Spurs are squealing at the end of the season that it was because of all the games they've had to play, that they ended up with ZIP! :smilin:

As I said we just have to many players now that need to play and what better than games like that.....and lets face it all our players are good, even commentary said it is a good thing to get time on the pitch for those players. But for teams like arsenal its not a good thing as not many to choose from. :mrgreen:

Hello Vicky. TJ is a bit jealous I think but its ok cant blame him with the way spurs are doing. Oh and TJ mind the gap. :pmsl: :canny:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:09 am

Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:

GOYG!

Aye don't worry pal, i've got all your guff filed away as well. Oh and as for Europe? Anytime we've played in the Champions League it was because we qualified as the Champions. Not because the rules are bent and they let pish times like Arsenal play in it as well.

Oh and remind me who's team played in a European final more recently? Mine or yours?

I've explained before - the reason we get 4 places allocated to the Premier League is that the bottom team in it is better than the Champions of most other European leagues - including Scotland.

and "remind me who's team played in a European final more recently?" - There are European finals and European finals, dear. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:15 am

It always amazes me how some people cannot grasp the concept of a boxer say, fighting an opponent who is shorter, lighter, less skilful and has one hand tied behind his back - and a boxer who fights an opponent of equal height, weight and skill, with both hands free. :dunno:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:18 am

Have you noticed that when anyone mentions 'The Premier League' everyone in the world instantly knows they are talking about the 'English Premier League' - because we are in fact the 'Premier League 'of all the leagues in the world.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:39 am

Trapper John wrote:Have you noticed that when anyone mentions 'The Premier League' everyone in the world instantly knows they are talking about the 'English Premier League' - because we are in fact the 'Premier League 'of all the leagues in the world.

Not up here, they don't. :dafinger:
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive