Sunny's Football Thread Part Twelve.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny's Football Thread Part Twelve.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:40 am

Trapper John wrote:It always amazes me how some people cannot grasp the concept of a boxer say, fighting an opponent who is shorter, lighter, less skilful and has one hand tied behind his back - and a boxer who fights an opponent of equal height, weight and skill, with both hands free. :dunno:

I'm smaller than you and i could shut you up pretty sharpish. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:45 am

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Trapper John wrote:Anyway, enough of arguing with people who haven't got a clue ..... I'm looking forward to the second half of the season.

Arsenal are in good positions in both of our remaining Cup competitions - an emphatic win over Hull City in the FA Cup has brought us a next round tie against Brighton and drawing Monaco in the first knockout round of the Champions League sees us favourites to reach the quarter finals.

In the Premier League we are beginning to shrug off our bad start, most importantly, many of our key players out with long term injuries are due back within a week or so.

Olivier Giroud has served his ban and will be back - also having been out for months with a broken ankle, as was Mathieu Debuchy who has just returned to the first team. Laurent Koscielny and Kieron Gibbs are fit again as is Mathieu Flamini.

More good news, Mesut Ozil is back in full training and could even start at Stoke this Sunday and Aaron Ramsey and Danny Welbeck are awaiting assessment with a view to start full training now.

Arteta and Wilshire are still probably a month away from fitness but that isn't a big problem.

Most importantly, superman Alexis Sanchez shows no sign of burnout and just gets better and better every game he plays. Couple that with Alex Oxlade Chamberlain putting in some brilliant performances along with Santi Cazorla's new lease of life and newcomer Callum Chambers fitting effortlessly in to the team - it all looks very good for the trials ahead.

GOYG!

You really are a complete and utter dickhead.

I bet you've had your jaw rattled a few times with the complete and utter pish you come out with about football and if you haven't. You've been fucking lucky.

Never has one person posted so much shite about football than you. Now you keep supporting that bunch of underperforming tossers from London that are being led by that clueless auld frog and i'll continue to laugh at them, as they finish the season winning fuck all and being lucky to qualify for the Europa League. :thumbsup:

I make a note of all these page numbers, you know - so I can throw all the crap you spout back in your face at the end of the season. :thumbsup:

Rangers can only dream of a place in the Europa League. :gigglesnshit:

Aye don't worry pal, i've got all your guff filed away as well. Oh and as for Europe? Anytime we've played in the Champions League it was because we qualified as the Champions. Not because the rules are bent and they let pish times like Arsenal play in it as well.

Oh and remind me who's team played in a European final more recently? Mine or yours?

I've explained before - the reason we get 4 places allocated to the Premier League is that the bottom team in it is better than the Champions of most other European leagues - including Scotland.

and "remind me who's team played in a European final more recently?" - There are European finals and European finals, dear. :thumbsup:

You agreed with me in the past that the rules allowing four English teams play in the Champions League were unfair.

Oh and Rangers played in the final of the same competition as Arsenal so don't imply it was some competition nobody gave a fuck about.

Oh and another thing Rangers and Arsenal have both won the one trophy in Europe. The same one, so drop the superior attitude.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:04 pm

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:05 pm

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:10 pm

Accused of everything and guilty of nothing.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:39 pm

Have we inadvertently discovered the real reason for Frank Lampard leaving Chelsea? ........ Thanks to Vicks for posting another video in another thread, I watched a couple of others which came up afterwards, and saw this one.

It's an all out ruck on the pitch, it doesn't start with Lampard and Fabregas but watch the pair of them get right at each other, so was it a case of "I'm not staying if Fabregas comes here"? or "I won't join Chelsea while Lampard is still there"?

Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 3:56 pm

Oh and lets clear things up.

Rangers and Arsenal have both won the European Cup Winners Cup and both have been runners up twice.

Arsenal last got to a European Final in 2006

Rangers last got to a European final in 2008

Yeah the Gunners are miles ahead of Rangers when it comes to European success.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:08 pm

Oh and anytime Rangers have played in the Champions League, we did it because we were the Champions and had actually won the title. Unlike some other teams, who only qualify because of a pathetic ruling that allows four teams from the one country to take part in the competition.

If it wasn't for the farce that the competition is, some of these teams would never travel further than Bogner Regis, to play in the FA Cup.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:31 pm

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 4:51 pm

Victoria wrote:Oh and lets clear things up.

Rangers and Arsenal have both won the European Cup Winners Cup and both have been runners up twice.

Of course, Arsenal's final was the Champions League - having finished top without losing a game in the group stages against Dutch champions Ajax, Swiss champions Thun and Czech champions Sparta Prague.

Then in the first knockout round Arsenal defeated Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabau , then beat Italian champions Juventus in the quarters and Villareal in the semi final.

On their road to the final, Arsenal were unbeaten and only conceded two goals in the group stage, none in the knockouts. They still hold the Champions League record of going 10 consecutive games without conceding a goal.

And then of course came the final, Arsenal hammered Barca from the kick off almost scoring twice, the Spaniards didn't know what had hit them.

Then the worst that could happen, happened. Barcelona broke out of their half, 17 minutes into the game and our sometimes brilliant, sometimes mad goalkeeper Jens Lehman, brought Samuel Et'o down outside the box and was sent off. There was great debate afterwards as many said Et'o dived and others that Lehman should have been booked but not sent off.

Then despite the disadvantage and with 70 minutes still to play, Sol Campbell put the gunners ahead after 37 minutes and it remained that way until 15 minutes before the end, when a tired and shattered Arsenal, who had still been battering the Barcelona goal looking for a second, lost concentration and went down to two goals in quick succession.

One refereeing decision spoiled the whole game, Lehman should never have been sent off and the result would have been very different.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:01 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:Oh and lets clear things up.

Of course, Arsenal's final was the Champions League - having finished top without losing a game in the group stages against Dutch champions Ajax, Swiss champions Thun and Czech champions Sparta Prague.

Then in the first knockout round Arsenal defeated Real Madrid at the Santiago Bernabau , then beat Italian champions Juventus in the quarters and Villareal in the semi final.

On their road to the final, Arsenal were unbeaten and only conceded two goals in the group stage, none in the knockouts. They still hold the Champions League record of going 10 consecutive games without conceding a goal.

And then of course came the final, Arsenal hammered Barca from the kick off almost scoring twice, the Spaniards didn't know what had hit them.

Then the worst that could happen, happened. Barcelona broke out of their half, 17 minutes into the game and our sometimes brilliant, sometimes mad goalkeeper Jens Lehman, brought Samuel Et'o down outside the box and was sent off. There was great debate afterwards as many said Et'o dived and others that Lehman should have been booked but not sent off.

Then despite the disadvantage and with 70 minutes still to play, Sol Campbell put the gunners ahead after 37 minutes and it remained that way until 15 minutes before the end, when a tired and shattered Arsenal, who had still been battering the Barcelona goal looking for a second, lost concentration and went down to two goals in quick succession.

One refereeing decision spoiled the whole game, Lehman should never have been sent off and the result would have been very different.

Yeah right.

Oh and they hardly played top class teams in their qualifying group. I mean it was just a few weeks ago you were slagging off Ajax, when i said Brian Laudrup had played for them.

The fact is Arsenal have not been anymore successful in Europe than Rangers have and if it was only the English champions who played in Europe, Arsenal would only have played three times in Europe in the last seventeen years.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Yeah right.

Oh and they hardly played top class teams in their qualifying group. I mean it was just a few weeks ago you were slagging off Ajax, when i said Brian Laudrup had played for them.

I have never slagged off Ajax, I have proper respect for them and they were one of the best teams in Europe at one time, I even went to watch them when I stayed in Amsterdam for a few weeks.

As for Thun - I don't know how good they were domestically but they made it to the Champions league ahead of the likes of Basle, Grasshoppers and Young Boys. Sparta Prague were Czech champions and a tough team to beat too.

Then Real Madrid and then Juventus, champions of Italy that season then Villareal third place that season to of course Barca and Real.

Not losing once until the final and only two goals conceded in 12 games 10 in a row without a goal against us - that was a great Arsenal team just as this one is now, when they are all fit. I have a feeling in my bones we'll get to another final.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby LordRaven » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:41 pm

I was mightily impressed with AFC Wimbledon and the Rhino upfront in particular last night. :smilin:
They gave a good account of themselves against Liverpool and Gerrard saved them yet again IMO by scoring twice and clearing a cert of the line.
LordRaven
Twat.

Postby Sunny » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:11 pm

LordRaven wrote:I was mightily impressed with AFC Wimbledon and the Rhino upfront in particular last night. :smilin:
They gave a good account of themselves against Liverpool and Gerrard saved them yet again IMO by scoring twice and clearing a cert of the line.

Yes Lordy, saw some of that match and they were having a great spell when I was watching, and behind that stadium are some alotments where I go and get fresh veggies given to me sometimes, was there a few months ago and there was a match on and felt weird how close it was. Loved it. :laughing:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Vicky » Tue Jan 06, 2015 6:55 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Yeah right.

I have never slagged off Ajax, I have proper respect for them and they were one of the best teams in Europe at one time, I even went to watch them when I stayed in Amsterdam for a few weeks.

As for Thun - I don't know how good they were domestically but they made it to the Champions league ahead of the likes of Basle, Grasshoppers and Young Boys. Sparta Prague were Czech champions and a tough team to beat too.

Then Real Madrid and then Juventus, champions of Italy that season then Villareal third place that season to of course Barca and Real.

Not losing once until the final and only two goals conceded in 12 games 10 in a row without a goal against us - that was a great Arsenal team just as this one is now, when they are all fit. I have a feeling in my bones we'll get to another final.

Yes you did slag off Ajax.

Oh and as for the rest. It isn't impressing me, nothing about Arsenal does.

Arsenal are a mediocre team who will be lucky to finish in the top 6th of the EPL at the end of the season.
Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive