Random Stuff Part Eleven.

Big Threads

Re: Random Stuff Part Eleven.

Postby random » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:08 pm

Clefty wrote:
random wrote:They're platelets, they stop him bleeding

Thanks. I'm on ticagrelor as an anti platelet therapy so it took me quite a while to build that up.

I'm pretty fond of the platelets I have despite them not being the bonniest things.

You know, over the past few months I've read a lot about people who were open and honest about their bodies, and the physical effects of illness on them, on Facebook and Instagram and had photos removed, or their accounts frozen or deleted.

I kind of thought they were laying it on thick, but lately I rather identify with them.

Ah well - it's all a learning experience and I learned an awful lot from today's reactions.

:smilin:

So you've had heart surgery? And they would rather those platelets not be there in case of thrombosis? All a bit confusing, when you think of a normal cut and the platelets coming to the rescue.

Wishing you a speedy recovery x
random

Postby Ninj » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:09 pm

I think one has to face facts.

I'm really not scared at all. It's challenging and saddening to have your life change overnight, but from day one I've been surprised by how blasé I've been about it.

I dunno whether that's self preservation and I guess time will tell, but I'm certainly not ashamed of / embarrassed by what's happened, nor will I allow anyone to make me feel that way, despite the attempted ridicule from several parties.

I'm proud of how I look - I have no reason not to be, and I'm not about to hide myself away because either someone finds my appearance objectionable or because only the fit and healthy are supposed to post on forums.
Ninj

Postby Dimples » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:13 pm

Clefty wrote:I think one has to face facts.

I'm really not scared at all. It's challenging and saddening to have your life change overnight, but from day one I've been surprised by how blasé I've been about it.

I dunno whether that's self preservation and I guess time will tell, but I'm certainly not ashamed of / embarrassed by what's happened, nor will I allow anyone to make me feel that way, despite the attempted ridicule from several parties.

I'm proud of how I look - I have no reason not to be, and I'm not about to hide myself away because either someone finds my appearance objectionable or because only the fit and healthy are supposed to post on forums.

Well, I think you're supposed to be slim and gorgeous as well, actually. :gigglesnshit:
Dimples

Postby random » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:28 pm

Clefty wrote:I think one has to face facts.

I'm a big believer in licking your wounds (metaphorically speaking) for a day (or 2) after an upset (including illness) then getting on with it.

Speaking with Jack yesterday, yes laughter is the best medicine, but then so is a good cry.. We don't cry enough and let the pain out, not to say we have to keep crying, just a cry and then the laughter comes '-)

You're looking at this wound like a child would show you his cut. I think your attitude increase recovery time :-)
random

Postby Ninj » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:42 pm

The fact is there isn't any recovery. That's been made clear since before I had the LVAD implanted. It's there to make things more 'comfortable', to use an euphemism, rather than a solution.

Children find wounds interesting or compelling maybe? I dunno. I do find it quite compelling in way, having a cable stuck through the top of my belly into my heart.

The only thing I can liken it to is an electronic umbilical cord, and I guess that's a pretty cool thing to show off.

As for laughing - we talked that one over yesterday. My sense of humour is very much intact. :smilin:
Ninj

Postby Dimples » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:46 pm

What I'd like to know is why there are some people who think they have the right to tell Clefty how to feel and how to "behave" in relation to his condition.

This is his set of circumstances, his illness and his life and - as long as he isn't harming anyone else - he can deal with it in any way he pleases.
Dimples

Postby Ninj » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:56 pm

Dimples wrote:What I'd like to know is why there are some people who think they have the right to tell Clefty how to feel and how to "behave" in relation to his condition.

This is his set of circumstances, his illness and his life and - as long as he isn't harming anyone else - he can deal with it in any way he pleases.

Well, quite. I can plug myself into the mains if I want. :pmsl:
Ninj

Postby random » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:02 pm

Clefty wrote:The fact is there isn't any recovery. That's been made clear since before I had the LVAD implanted. It's there to make things more 'comfortable', to use an euphemism, rather than a solution.

Children find wounds interesting or compelling maybe? I dunno. I do find it quite compelling in way, having a cable stuck through the top of my belly into my heart.

The only thing I can liken it to is an electronic umbilical cord, and I guess that's a pretty cool thing to show off.

As for laughing - we talked that one over yesterday. My sense of humour is very much intact. :smilin:

I meant decrease recovery time, and knew I'd typed the wrong word after I hit submit.

Yes, you're like..........WOAAA look at this man... COOOOL!
random

Postby Vam » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:07 pm

Clefty wrote:
Dimples wrote:What I'd like to know is why there are some people who think they have the right to tell Clefty how to feel and how to "behave" in relation to his condition.

:yikes: ...God! You little sod! :pmsl:
Vam

Postby Ninj » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:14 pm

Ha!

Ok. I'll strap a mirror to my back and go solar powered then Vam. :gigglesnshit:

In all seriousness though, I do find it difficult to believe that anyone seriously thinks I have a negative outlook on this. Surely it's got to be sour grapes? I mean, a week or so ago they were livid saying I was making it all up, and now I'm desperately posting about my plight for sympathy?

Make your minds up, eh?

:pmsl:
Ninj

Postby random » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:28 pm

Ninj wrote:

I imagined someone with frizzed up hair and their finger in a plug socket after you called me a slag yesterday.

Weird..
random

Postby Ninj » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:36 pm

random wrote:
Ninj wrote:

I imagined someone with frizzed up hair and their finger in a plug socket after you called me a slag yesterday.

Weird..

Oh right. I think you picked that up wrong, dear. Perhaps go back and have another read.

Nice dodge though, using several different guest names. :smilin:

I'm out btw - this is just freaky now.
Ninj

Postby capercaillie » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:38 pm

Ninj wrote:I think one has to face facts.

You are in my thoughts Ninj. Post whatever the hell you like, the truth is the truth.
capercaillie

Postby random » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:49 pm

Ninj wrote:
random wrote:
Ninj wrote:

Weird..

Oh right. I think you picked that up wrong, dear. Perhaps go back and have another read.

Nice dodge though, using several different guest names. :smilin:

I'm out btw - this is just freaky now.

: The desire to be right.
Postby Ninj » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:32 pm

Yes. I'm clearly obsessed, you slag. Go cry about it on slag central.

Yeah look whose talking 'ninj' with several different 'names'

No dodge just username suited the thread.

And I might even use another one tomorrow.
random

Postby random » Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:54 pm

capercaillie wrote:
Ninj wrote:I think one has to face facts.

You are in my thoughts Ninj. Post whatever the hell you like, the truth is the truth.

Being ill does not give you exclusivity to the truth, although it might make you look at things in a different way.
random

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive