Sunny and Trapper John's Football Thread Part Sixteen.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny and Trapper John's Football Thread Part Sixteen.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:10 pm

I can guarantee and take any bets you like that the Premier League will not lose it's 3 guaranteed and 1 qualifying place for the Champions League, in my lifetime - and despite what some might think - I've still got a ways to go.....with the grace of God, of course. :thumbsup:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:11 pm

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:12 pm

Trapper John wrote:I can guarantee and take any bets you like that the Premier League will not lose it's 3 guaranteed and 1 qualifying place for the Champions League, in my lifetime - and despite what some might think - I've still got a ways to go.....with the grace of God, of course. :thumbsup:

Not if someone murders you..you haven't. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:21 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:

You'll be watching it pal...you can bump yer gums all you like...but you won't miss a second of it.

Then you'll roll on here and treat us to one of your pompous match reports...dissing everything from Lionel Messi to the ball-boys.

I can read you like a book.

I can assure you I won't - why would I want to watch two teams I have no interest in, play in the final of a competition I have no interest in now? :dunno:

Honestly, some people who call themselves supporters of a particular football club then spend their days fawning over another are incomprehensible to me - they are the sort of people who buy those 50/50 club scarves and start 'Mexican waves' during a game when there hasn't been a goal scored in the previous 30 seconds ......... I suppose the nearest thing I can equate them to, are Americans. :shake head:

Listen you!!!

Me and you have never discussed football..i mention Rangers...you diss them..i mention Scotland..you diss them and now when i mention Barcelona...you diss them.

All you want is to do is impress me...with all this big talk about the EPL and Arsenal..i'm bored with it and despite what you might think...i know a helluva lot about football...but all you do is take the piss.

:whogives:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:22 pm

Anyway..Scotland are playing tonight.Image
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:28 pm

Despite what others say - I mention plenty about other aspects of football and many other teams and leagues - this morning I mentioned tonight's game Scotland v Qatar ..... but people choose to ignore that fact.

In case anyone hadn't realised, I'm an Arsenal supporter so the majority of my posts are going to relate to Arsenal - it's a no brainer really.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Trapper John wrote:Despite what others say - I mention plenty about other aspects of football and many other teams and leagues - this morning I mentioned tonight's game Scotland v Qatar ..... but people choose to ignore that fact.

In case anyone hadn't realised, I'm an Arsenal supporter so the majority of my posts are going to relate to Arsenal - it's a no brainer really.

Funnily enough i support Glasgow Rangers and i post about them in the Scottish Football thread.

Not that you would know...i could have my phone number and bank account details in there and you'd be oblivious to it.

I mention other teams...more than anyone and i do in here...i mean i'm hardly going to post about foreign teams in a thread about Scottish football.

Oh and i saw that post about Scotland you made...you seemed to be implying...we can only beat crap teams.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:59 pm

Arsenal transfer news:

Wenger has renewed his interest in Sporting Lisbon holding/ defensive midfielder William Carvalho. Compared by sports pundits to Arsenal's legendary, Patrick Vieira, it's said he has all the necessary attributes to perform well in the Premier League.

Wenger was keen to sign the player last summer but Lisbon's valuation was over the top, the player was uncertain if he wanted to leave Lisbon and there were some very worrying issues over 'third party ownership' of the player - all these things together meant Arsenal's interest waned and they moved on.

This season however, things have changed and Arsenal are now re-visiting the player as one high on their list to become a good fit for a position Arsenal are very short in.

Lisbon have reduced the asking price a little and are also keen to talk about a player/ cash deal involving the Gunner's Joel Campbell, who has struggled to find a place at the Emirates. The third party ownership issues have now been resolved and the player himself now feels ready for a move, looking at the Premier League as his ideal.

I only know what people said about this guy last and this season - he seems a worthwhile shot, we definitely need someone of real quality and strength in that holding/ defensive midfield slot, who can impose themselves on games - Coquelin has been a revelation but he won't be able to produce this season's form for the entire next season and he hasn't quite reached the heights we need, just yet.

If we are successful with this transfer, it will mean the move for Southampton's Schniederlin will be off and the player will have to set his sights on someone else instead of his preferred move to Arsenal.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Guest » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:04 pm

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:20 pm

I'm still waiting for the fan who did this to be arrested...because you can bet your boots...if a Rangers fan had done this to a Motherwell player...his feet wouldn't have touched the ground. :shake head:
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:41 pm

Guest wrote:Image

And the relevance of that? - I can only think it was a jibe at AVB - because his 'spiral' didn't last long - Arsenal went on, like they do season after season, year after year - sitting on top of Spurs head, it's even becoming a bit uncomfortable now.

Also remind me where Arsene Wenger is now? - and where AVB is now? - a spiral :laughing: ...... more like a little gurgle in a bathroom sink plug hole.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:45 pm

Creamy doesn't like that one...i do though.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:53 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Guest wrote:Image

And the relevance of that? - I can only think it was a jibe at AVB - because his 'spiral' didn't last long - Arsenal went on, like they do season after season, year after year - sitting on top of Spurs head, it's even becoming a bit uncomfortable now.

Also remind me where Arsene Wenger is now? - and where AVB is now? - a spiral :laughing: ...... more like a little gurgle in a bathroom sink plug hole.

Who won the last Spurs v Arsenal derby? Image
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:20 am

Victoria wrote:
Of course...Charlie Adam is back in the Scotland squad tonight...Big Chaz hasn't played for Scotland since last year.

That was some goal Charlie scored against Chelsea Image

TJ hates Charlie Adam and all because Chaz had the check to sort out that wee nyaff...Alexis Sanchez during a Stoke v Arsenal game.

I mean Sanchez had been niggling Charlie for the full ninety minutes. Image

Anyway...Charlie Adam said that even though that was a good goal...scoring for Scotland would mean a lot more too him.

Come on Scotland!!! Image

Unfortunately, Charlie Adam didn't score last night in Scotland's comprehensive 1-0 defeat of world footballing superpower, Qatar. :gigglesnshit:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:01 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:Wouldn't it be most amusing if Ireland won tomorrow? Image

Not only would it be amusing it would be a veritable miracle. Image

Nothing is impossible my friend

So you might have played them 61 times in the past and won 48 of those games...but anything can happen in football.

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive