What's on the menu tonight?

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby McAz » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:42 pm

Stooo wrote:
Punk wrote:
I used to do fruit picking when I lived in Suffolk, bloomin' knackering, then 8 miles cycle ride home.

Ten hours of direct sun or pissing rain ten hours a day and people wonder why travelers fight?

I deliver to a commercial farm that produces flowers and they think that it will be ok this year.

I picked some stuff as a zygote in Englefield Green - lasted 2 days and genuinely thought I might die. Went for a mushroom farm instead - all pervasive smell of shit which I can still recall today, but much much easier. Plus you could "borrow" from the roadside sales honesty box. :smilin:
McAz

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:09 pm

I did fish curry. My curries are always tragic. :thud:
Junglejayne

Postby Holly » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:37 am

Made a sausage curry last night ( well that was the idea ) with spuds, carrots, peas onion etc...for the first time ever I added turmeric, because I heard it's really healthy and it's also called Indian Saffron ...well, idiot me, I forgot to add the curry :gigglesnshit: ...and just as well, it was really spicy and didn't need the curry, but OMG was it tasty :drool: Turmeric will be my new spice I will to add to almost everything. Never used it before, it's well worth trying.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:07 pm

Holly wrote:Made a sausage curry last night ( well that was the idea ) with spuds, carrots, peas onion etc...for the first time ever I added turmeric, because I heard it's really healthy and it's also called Indian Saffron ...well, idiot me, I forgot to add the curry :gigglesnshit: ...and just as well, it was really spicy and didn't need the curry, but OMG was it tasty :drool: Turmeric will be my new spice I will to add to almost everything. Never used it before, it's well worth trying.

Next time I do a curry I will try that and leave out the garam masala because what ever I did with my combination it wasn't great.

Today its chicken salad. :drool:
Junglejayne

Postby Nucks » Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:40 pm

Taco Tuesday at ours tonight. Haven't done hard-shell tacos in ages.
Nucks

Postby malamute » Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:44 pm

Chilli con carne And rice for us tonight. Followed by local strawberries and low fat creme fraiche.
malamute

Postby Frankly » Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Peppered mackerel, salad, and fresh crusty wholemeal bread. Nom, nom, nom. :grub:
Frankly

Postby Stooo » Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:23 pm

It's looking like a Ruby :drool:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby charlie » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:04 pm

The usual low fat shit as I'm watching my weight.

My birthday tomorrow - and I might - I say I might treat myself to a medium, deep pan, veggie hot one from Pizza Hut! :drool:
charlie

Postby Keyser » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:06 pm

charlie wrote:The usual low fat shit as I'm watching my weight.

My birthday tomorrow - and I might - I say I might treat myself to a medium, deep pan, veggie hot one from Pizza Hut! :drool:

Have a great birthday tomorrow Charlie and eat what you like as well! :canny: :wubbers:
Keyser

Postby malamute » Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:30 pm

Tried a new recipe tonight. Diet Cola Chicken.

Cubed chicken breasts cooked with onions and bit of garlic. Add carton of passata, tomato purée and a can of diet cola and chopped peppers in red, green and Yellow. Add few mixed herbs, bit of Worcester sauce and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Cook for approx 15 mins. Add sugar snap peas and cook for another 15 mins. It was very tasty and colourful and we had mash with it. Clean plates all round. :canny:
malamute

Postby Stooo » Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:15 pm

malamute wrote:Tried a new recipe tonight. Diet Cola Chicken.

Cubed chicken breasts cooked with onions and bit of garlic. Add carton of passata, tomato purée and a can of diet cola and chopped peppers in red, green and Yellow. Add few mixed herbs, bit of Worcester sauce and a tablespoon of soy sauce. Cook for approx 15 mins. Add sugar snap peas and cook for another 15 mins. It was very tasty and colourful and we had mash with it. Clean plates all round. :canny:

Sounds like a good marinade for a BBQ as well, hope to have one this weekend :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Fiz » Fri Jul 07, 2017 5:00 pm

Pesto chicken with pasta.
Fiz

Postby Big Fat Frosty » Fri Jul 07, 2017 8:49 pm

mediocrity with a hint of bitterness and a light foam of foutrage....
:more beer:
Big Fat Frosty

Postby Stooo » Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:33 pm

I've done a chilli, sweating like a pig because you just have to taste it every five minutes :drool:
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive