What's on the menu tonight?

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Keyser » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:I made four, first two:



Your pies look amazing! I have a couple of questions what sort of pasty is it flaky or shortcrust? what cut of meat do you use? and is there gravy inside?


Shortcrust for the containing bit, wipe the pie dishes with some butter and use the aluminium ones. Flaky for the top but stab it a bit or it will get soggy and roll it well.

Always use a vigorously agitated egg as an adhesive between different pastries and use the excess as a glaze.

Also, post your puds and pies :thumbsup:


I love the phrase 'vigorously agitated egg' for some odd reason! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:08 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:I made four, first two:



Your pies look amazing! I have a couple of questions what sort of pasty is it flaky or shortcrust? what cut of meat do you use? and is there gravy inside?


Sorry my typing is shit I meant pastry not pasty :oops:


I know. :mrgreen:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Stooo » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:09 pm

Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:I made four, first two:



Your pies look amazing! I have a couple of questions what sort of pasty is it flaky or shortcrust? what cut of meat do you use? and is there gravy inside?


Shortcrust for the containing bit, wipe the pie dishes with some butter and use the aluminium ones. Flaky for the top but stab it a bit or it will get soggy and roll it well.

Always use a vigorously agitated egg as an adhesive between different pastries and use the excess as a glaze.

Also, post your puds and pies :thumbsup:


I love the phrase 'vigorously agitated egg' for some odd reason! :mrgreen:


Some people whisk them, I romance them...
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Keyser » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm

Stooo wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:I made four, first two:



Your pies look amazing! I have a couple of questions what sort of pasty is it flaky or shortcrust? what cut of meat do you use? and is there gravy inside?


Shortcrust for the containing bit, wipe the pie dishes with some butter and use the aluminium ones. Flaky for the top but stab it a bit or it will get soggy and roll it well.

Always use a vigorously agitated egg as an adhesive between different pastries and use the excess as a glaze.

Also, post your puds and pies :thumbsup:


I love the phrase 'vigorously agitated egg' for some odd reason! :mrgreen:


Some people whisk them, I romance them...


:mrgreen:
User avatar
Keyser
 
Posts: 8198
Joined: Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:25 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Rolluplostinspace » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:03 pm

I can't believe I'm telling people this ..... a chicken Mc lefend large meal .......... :doomed:
User avatar
Rolluplostinspace
 

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby malamute » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:15 pm

Tonight I was in a hurry. Bought a loin of pork from Aldi and a packet of frozen sweet potato, peppers and spinach in coconut sauce and it was lovely. You just microwave it. The pork was good too. Son did mashed potatoes for us and I found some button sprouts and green beans in the freezer and we had them as well. Clean plates all round.
User avatar
malamute
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby VR6storm » Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:01 am

Bang Bang noodles with Pork for this evening, Chicken Biryani and 3 bean curry for tomorrow, and friday night is take out night
so i've not decided yet. I may even go with a dodgy Cheese Whopper and fries!! :grub:
[ Public Service Message : The above post may contain irony, sarcasm and outright lies. ]
User avatar
VR6storm
 
Posts: 1462
Joined: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:43 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby malamute » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:19 pm

Nothing on the menu tonight as Ive been out for lunch. :canny:
User avatar
malamute
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby malamute » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:16 am

Cooking lunch. Roast chicken, roast spuds, green beans, peas, carrots, broccoli, Yorkshire puds. Lemon cheesecake and local strawberries for dessert with créme fraiche.
User avatar
malamute
 
Posts: 1244
Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:03 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:18 pm

Shoulder of pork, I fucking nailed the crackling! :yess:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:26 pm

Stooo wrote:Shoulder of pork, I fucking nailed the crackling! :yess:


lush! :drool:
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Minnie » Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:50 am

Minted lamb chops, mash and asparagus.
User avatar
Minnie
 
Posts: 505
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:17 pm

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:54 pm

Gonna fire up the garden grill.

New pots and salad :woteva:

Pork and chilli kebabs, curried chicken thighs, burgers, sausages and all of that shit. Starting in an hour if you're local :drool:

Oh, and a bit of vino, gorgeous day! :cheers:
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:07 pm

Stooo wrote:Gonna fire up the garden grill.

New pots and salad :woteva:

Pork and chilli kebabs, curried chicken thighs, burgers, sausages and all of that shit. Starting in an hour if you're local :drool:

Oh, and a bit of vino, gorgeous day! :cheers:

Dead diseased pig and chicken. Fed on shit. Yummy.
User avatar
Guest
 

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Stooo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Stooo wrote:Gonna fire up the garden grill.

New pots and salad :woteva:

Pork and chilli kebabs, curried chicken thighs, burgers, sausages and all of that shit. Starting in an hour if you're local :drool:

Oh, and a bit of vino, gorgeous day! :cheers:

Dead diseased pig and chicken. Fed on shit. Yummy.


Vegan detected.
User avatar
Stooo
Site Admin
 
Posts: 76885
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:24 am
Location: Eveywhere, like shit in a field.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests