What's on the menu tonight?

Big Threads

Re: What's on the menu tonight?

Postby Stooo » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:45 pm

Keyser wrote:
malamute wrote:Just cooking a bit of gammon which we will have with roasties, leeks and courgettes.

What special day is it that the guest mentioned Malamute? :Hiya:

Brenda's burfday, happy 91st Liz! :burfday:

Meanwhile fucking delicious Cajun chicken from Payton's butchers of Bridgwater (and some other stuff obs). :drool:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Junglejayne » Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Chicken Korma with garlic and coriander naan bread.

I'll have to go out and get a Toblerone for dessert now that I've been reminded of it.
Junglejayne

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:58 pm

I've just scoffed two Curly Wurly's.

I was reading that some people think the Scots say "Curly Wurly" funny.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1cxHsYNkM0G

It's just the way we roll our r's.

Vicky

Postby Stooo » Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:48 pm

Had a gorgeous day here today so I planned a barbie after the pub by which time the weather had turned to grey skies and wind and I'd prepped all of the kebabs and stuff :roll:

I had an idea to light the chiminea that fits neatly under the coal tray of my Heath Robinson construction bbq at the same time as lighting the charcoal (which kept getting blown out) and it ended up with perfect outdoor cooking conditions. The charcoal glowing ash is still hot enough to cook on while the chiminea is still belting out heat. :yess:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby McAz » Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:00 pm

Had a truly delicious pizza from wood fired pizza van which travels our area. :smilin:
McAz

Postby malamute » Mon May 01, 2017 8:07 am

Having a family "do" here today for my Mums surprise birthday lunch. I think there's about 15 coming including 3 children.

Doing loads of salads, crusty bread, scotch eggs, potato salad with fresh chives, sausage rolls, sausages, chicken gougons, Indian snacks, dips, coleslaw, mango salsa. Niece is bringing desserts and I have a lovely birthday cake ready.

Just hoping we get a bit of sunshine so kids can play in garden.
malamute

Postby Text » Mon May 01, 2017 8:24 pm

Aziz wrote:Had a truly delicious pizza from wood fired pizza van which travels our area. :smilin:

Fascinating, Aziz! :yikes:

Had well done steak and for afters instead of a calorific pudding I took the healthy option and chose a mango instead and it was delicious.
So large I think it represented at least 4 of the legendary "5 daily portions".
Text

Postby malamute » Tue May 02, 2017 7:46 am

Canary wrote:
Aziz wrote:Had a truly delicious pizza from wood fired pizza van which travels our area. :smilin:

Had well done steak and for afters instead of a calorific pudding I took the healthy option and chose a mango instead and it was delicious.

There are some very good mangoes about at the moment. I used two in a mango salsa yesterday and it made a big bowl and was delicious. That's just cubed mango, sliced roasted red peppers, a chopped up red onion and coriander and mint. Sometimes I use chopped cucumber too but yesterday I didn't. It was lovely and the whole bowl was eaten up.
malamute

Postby Text » Tue May 02, 2017 11:16 pm

Sounds lush, malamute. You seem to enjoy cooking as much as I do. It's rewarding and a well presented cooked meal is a joy for all concerned.
Text

Postby Guest » Wed May 03, 2017 8:37 am

malamute wrote:
Canary wrote:

There are some very good mangoes about at the moment. I used two in a mango salsa yesterday and it made a big bowl and was delicious. That's just cubed mango, sliced roasted red peppers, a chopped up red onion and coriander and mint. Sometimes I use chopped cucumber too but yesterday I didn't. It was lovely and the whole bowl was eaten up.

Brexshit will add 20% to the price of mangoes.

Postby Vam » Wed May 03, 2017 9:54 am

Guest wrote:

:gigglesnshit: (I get what you did there)

Still worth every cent, though :thumbsup: I love my freshly-made mango, banana and strawberry smoothies.

I don't have a particularly sweet tooth, so I'll often chuck in and blend a spoonful of Cocoa Bits granules, probably the purest form of unprocessed cocoa beans you can buy (health food shops sell it) - fantastic antioxidant, full of magnesia and iron too.
Vam

Postby Guest » Wed May 03, 2017 10:34 am

Canary wrote:Sounds lush, malamute. You seem to enjoy cooking as much as I do. It's rewarding and a well presented cooked meal is a joy for all concerned.

Yes you've often spoke of buying Tesco's finest range and slinging it in the oven

Postby malamute » Wed May 03, 2017 6:50 pm

We had a funny old meal tonight. I did jacket spuds and local pork and leek sausages. I went in freezer for veg and couldn't find much as I'm running freezer down to defrost. I did find some onion rings and some Indian snacks so I cooked them along with some fresh mushrooms. All clean plates so couldn't have been that bad. :whistle:
malamute

Postby me » Wed May 03, 2017 9:38 pm

Malamute, serious question here.
Why do you only post in the what's for dinner thread?
It's not a criticism, but it just seems a bit strange to me.
Your meals sound very tasty though :Hiya:
me

Postby Text » Wed May 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Guest wrote:
malamute wrote:
Canary wrote:

I might need to revert to boring old apples & pears then. :laughing:
We had supermarket chicken and ham hock pie and also some sweet corn on the cob. And some ready chopped spring greens, microwaved in the bag.
Not too exciting. I personally won't be having any of that lot again, except the corn, which was nice.
Text

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive