DS and DTV Part Twenty-Two

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part Twenty-Two

Postby jra » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:46 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:Just read the Noooway thread on DS for the first time and it is Kippeh and Jane Doh who come across as twisted.

I understand that they must have been at this point debating the credibility of the poster on DTV which they thought allowed them to be blatantly insensitive :woteva:

Jane Doh endlessly complaining that the thread is in General Discussion?? GIven the nature of the thread does anyone really give a flying fuck! :yikes: What a vile attitude.

Jane Doh was a disgrace as was Kippeh's remark. Everyone else (on the DS thread at least) seemed to be very supportive. It made me tear up a little just reading the thread.

Good on RainbowBabe22 and MissPinotGiot for displaying some kindness and sensitivity.

Ah yes. Who could forget Vassago on DTV at the time who announced that he wanted RainbowBabe should jump into a pool of used needles - simply for believing and sympathising with Noooway.

That was just fucked up beyond belief. :ooer:

If that really is true (I have my doubts), then yes.
jra

Postby Odessa Steps » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:47 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:Course, then there's also the issue of one bunch of randomers jumping on the bandwagon just 'cos it gives them an excuse to slag off another bunch of randomers on a different interweb forum.

That's pretty reprehensible too.

Do you think? A group of professional criticisers who thought themselves the best posters on the forums got ciritcised and it's repehensible to you? I think it's more the mindset of superiorty you lot got yourselves into.

Not that I'm criticing you for this Nooway business... as I say not believeing people is second nature on forums.
Odessa Steps

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:52 pm

jra wrote:
Si_Crewe wrote:
Guest wrote:Self awareness is in short supply as well... :whistle:

Yay!

Another one for my "Bullshit Bingo" card.

I just need "DTV Clique" and "keyboard warrior" for a full-house. :laughing: :thumbsup:

Add racist, politically correct, sexist, misogynist for good measure to that list.

No shortage of any of those attributes on DS.

Postby Si_Crewe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:58 pm

Odessa Steps wrote:Do you think? A group of professional criticisers who thought themselves the best posters on the forums got ciritcised and it's repehensible to you? I think it's more the mindset of superiorty you lot got yourselves into.

Oh, come on.

I'm sure you know, if you're honest, that it was often just about one bunch of arseholes who already didn't like another bunch of arseholes finding a convenient (and rather distasteful) stick to beat them with.

Let's face it, I don't think I've EVER seen anybody here criticise "DS members" for the way they treated that subject.
It's always been a case of picking out the handful people who may or may not be members of DTV and then gleefully citing those people as "proof" that DTV is evil.

There's little in the way of moral high-ground to be had.
Si_Crewe

Postby jra » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:01 pm

Well. Noooway seems to have kicked up a bit of a shit storm over here with other posters. I don't even know who they are, other than recognising the user name.
jra

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:14 pm

jra wrote:Well. Noooway seems to have kicked up a bit of a shit storm over here with other posters. I don't even know who they are, other than recognising the user name.

Well done. Thanks for the input.

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:25 pm

Who's next, Jodie Watley?
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:31 pm

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost ... stcount=37

I can't quite decide if this poster is deranged? Very entertaining though.

Postby kathers » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:38 pm

Guest wrote:
kathers wrote:
Odessa Steps wrote:I have no issue with Uly on this tbh. I think a sensible default position on DS is to regard everything as at best severly embellished and at the worst made up to make a point. No one particularly wants to be suckered into a story that laters proves to be false because it makes you look a total dick and almost every story on DS is complete bullshit. So yeah... when a true one comes along and you are already on the path of disbelief... and most of the time you should be... it's pretty hard to jolt yourself back the right way.

I;ve been caught out... cynic that I am... the whole Jade Goody fiasco had me pelting myself in the face with eggs (sorry to everyone I offended yet again) and I assume every Daily Mail article is a lie even though they;re like a broken clock now and then. Of course DTV is the sort of enviroment where a pack insinct has been encouraged and no one wants to be the one swimming against that particular tide... and again once you have momentum doing a u-turn on something isn't that easy, especially if you don't want to lose face. How often do people realise they've gone too far before it's too late?

Oh... as for more people here encouraging mass reporting than DTV... I've noticed it happening but the tendancy seems to be the "guests" doing it and there in a teeny tiny way to catch up with DTV on that one in fairness. It is a dick head sort of thing to do, no disagreement there.

I've been deceived many times. Fake deaths, fake babies, fake illnesses, fake friends probably the worst of all. Now I just don't invest my emotions in anything on forums, or give anyone my trust...that isn't really the same as believing or disbelieving, and those things aren't the same as declaring my disbelief peppered with insults and snark to the person in question and/or behind their back. There are levels to this. I'd in no way suggest anyone believe anything right off the bat - I'd even less soon suggest that everyone should devote real sympathy and time into supporting people who may be liars. But there's a vast land of options between those things, and how people seem to have reacted. My vote is just to make a scathing remark in your head or somewhere genuinely private, then go do something else. But I guess that would make the various spin-off forums a lot less entertaining so whatever, I just wish those who can't stop themselves going from nought to spite in 2.6 seconds would fully own it and sack the excuses and justifications and attempts to shift blame.

This is rich from you?

I'm with the other people who don't think you were ever real. I think you're the "mum" and have been the entire time and inventing a teen girl to get away with the shit she posted. 11yrs old and some of the stuff you "claimed" was bullshit. The pics showed a chubby girl then all of a sudden you were a goth skinny? no. So stop accusing other people of being fed up with fakers when you've been the biggest one of all.

Fucking hypocrite.

Stop accusing other people of being fed up with fakers? Is anyone denying being fed up with fakers? This message is very confused.

I've been chubby from day 1, now I'm outright fat. I did used to be a goth, or kind of a lazy punk, and a little emo maybe...I was a teenager, I didn't have a cohesive style :mrgreen: but I don't really know what it has to do with anything, or what it's supposed to prove. You know I didn't post half the stuff that went on in my life. :laughing:
kathers

Postby Ray of Sunshine » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:51 pm

I seem to recall your harrowing tale of been taught by nuns was more like something from the 1930s than modern-day Britain.
Ray of Sunshine

Postby Red Okktober » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:52 pm

jra wrote:Well. Noooway seems to have kicked up a bit of a shit storm over here with other posters. I don't even know who they are, other than recognising the user name.

Nooway was a a batshit crazy troll, who posted amongst other things - enjoying being pissed on, being a village bike at 16, fucking husbands in the marital homes while the wives were at work, hanging used tampons on the washing line, posting jackanory excerpts from her 'dead mothers' diary, problems at work with colleagues taking 30 minute shit breaks, and other similar unbelievable bollocks.

At some stage, she posted a death certificate of her baby, possibly genuine, possibly not

She posted on DTV as 'oktober' (what a piss poor tribute act that was) attacking Nooway as being fake,

If she actually experienced the trauma she claims she did, then I'm genuinely sorry for her, as I'm sure everyone else is who doubted the nuts and bolts of her sorry tale. But posting in the public arena that is internet discussion forums. means your posts will get discussed, both positively and negatively.

All this 'poor Nooway' and 'hounding a grieving mother' has gotten way out of hand, and just serves fuckwits like dox/jubbly/terminator lips, to play at scoring internet points against people and forums they don't like.
Red Okktober

Postby kathers » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:05 pm

Ray of Sunshine wrote:I seem to recall your harrowing tale of been taught by nuns was more like something from the 1930s than modern-day Britain.

There were no nuns. We had priests but they just said mass and gave talks at assemblies, they didn't teach. Two of our RE teachers were going to be priests, but then ladies happened. Our RE teachers were anti-abortion and anti-euthanasia to the point of teaching misinformation that they'd absorbed from various pro-life organisations. That's all, I don't know that it's so far fetched but it was my life for all my school years so it doesn't seem so shocking to me. Bear in mind things in Glasgow - as much as I love it here - are very different in terms of certain types of religious zealotry than in England or even other parts of Scotland. They also taught abstinence only sex education, borrowing teaching materials heavily from American curricula, like Pam Stenzel's talks. That stuff is ongoing in America (and probably still at my old high school) in 2015 although IMO it does belong in the 1830s never mind the 1930s.
kathers

Postby Si_Crewe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Red Okktober wrote:All this 'poor Nooway' and 'hounding a grieving mother' has gotten way out of hand, and just serves fuckwits like dox/jubbly/terminator lips, to play at scoring internet points against people and forums they don't like.

Indeed.

Seems like, if this little shitstorm had been restricted simply to DS, it would barely have rated a mention here (except, I suspect, for people to voice doubts of their own).
The only reason it continues to be mentioned is because some rather unpleasant people seem to enjoy using it as a stick to beat DTV with.
Si_Crewe

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:18 pm

Si_Crewe wrote:
Red Okktober wrote:All this 'poor Nooway' and 'hounding a grieving mother' has gotten way out of hand, and just serves fuckwits like dox/jubbly/terminator lips, to play at scoring internet points against people and forums they don't like.

Indeed.

Seems like, if this little shitstorm had been restricted simply to DS, it would barely have rated a mention here (except, I suspect, for people to voice doubts of their own).
The only reason it continues to be mentioned is because some rather unpleasant people seem to enjoy using it as a stick to beat DTV with.

A site full of rather unpleasant people. Maybe that's why...

Previous

Return to The Archive