Cecil The Lion.

Big Threads

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:30 pm

Has anyone else heard of Cecil the Lion who was murdered a few days ago by an American dentist? He paid £55,000 pounds, so he could shot him.

Cecil's death has caused outrage across the world.

Two men will appear in court in Zimbabwe today to face charges and several petitions have been started demanding that Walter J Palmer, who killed Cecil is also charged.

Vicky

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Holly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:42 pm

Victoria wrote:Has anyone else heard of Cecil the Lion who was murdered a few days ago by an American dentist? He paid £55,000 pounds, so he could shoot him.

Two men will appear in court in Zimbabwe today to face charges and several petitions have been started demanding that Walter J Palmer, who killed Cecil is also charged.

Yes I saw it on the news today...that bloke better watch out, he has a lot of haters after him. He is basically ruined, he had to close his dental practice and most likely will have to go into hiding....Bastard!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/594 ... an-dentist
Holly
Site Admin

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:47 pm

Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:Has anyone else heard of Cecil the Lion who was murdered a few days ago by an American dentist? He paid £55,000 pounds, so he could shoot him.

Yes I saw it on the news today...that bloke better watch out, he has a lot of haters after him. He is basically ruined, he had to close his dental practice and most likely will have to go into hiding....Bastard!

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/594 ... an-dentist

There's a lot of very angry people about Holls and if he isn't careful he might end up being shot.

Oh and he won't be working as a dentist ever again, that's for sure.
Vicky

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Holly » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:53 pm

He was in trouble once before for illegally shooting a black bear in Russia.
Holly
Site Admin

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:08 pm

Holly wrote:He was in trouble once before for illegally shooting a black bear in Russia.

I saw several photos with lots of different animals he's killed.

A leopard, a hippo, a Elk.

He's been doing this for years.
Vicky

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:22 pm

what was so special about cecil ????
Creamola Foam

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:38 pm

Creamola Foam wrote:what was so special about cecil ????

He was a national treasure, a bit like our Hamish was.

You have heard of Hamish, haven't you?
Vicky

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Creamola Foam » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:41 pm

Victoria wrote:

He was a national treasure, a bit like our Hamish was.

You have heard of Hamish, haven't you?

I assume hamish is a scottie dog or a highland cow or some such beastie
Creamola Foam

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:56 pm

Hamish The Highland Cow!!!

He had books written about him, soft toys were made of him, he had a fan club and the tourists used to arrive by the bus load, to see him. :wubbers:
Vicky

Cecil The Lion.

Postby Dimples » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:47 pm

He was apparently a "protected lion" with an electronic collar - the collar being worn as he was being monitored as part of an ongoing research project. He fathered many cubs with around six lionesses in his pride and they will all now be at risk when another male becomes the dominant lion in this pride, as he will be likely to kill Cecil's cubs. Some may have been killed already.

This is an appalling, disgusting and very distressing situation. I hope this idiot faces the full weight of all appropriate punishments for this.
Dimples

Re: Cecil The Lion.

Postby Trapper John » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:01 pm

Did you know that he shot him with a bow and arrow? ...... and because it didn't kill the lion outright, the guides spent hours tracking the thing which was obviously in pain and distress, before finally dispatching it with a gun.

The lion was also 'lured' outside of the protected national park area where he lived, by the guides so that this prick could kill him.

I don't have the same sentiments as a lot of people do regarding animals but I have always drawn the line at killing or causing unnecessary pain to anything, for absolutely no reason whatsoever - for fun! even more so.

This wasn't a 'good kill' anyway by any standards - the animal was almost tame and very comfortable around humans - so even less kudos for this bloke - if that's what he thought he would get.

The photo I found particularly galling was the one he posed in after killing a rhino, a magnificent beast it looked and a rarity these days, it made my heart sink a little.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:38 pm

Vicky

Postby Dimples » Wed Jul 29, 2015 6:53 pm

I wouldn't go quite so far as to wish a violent death upon this scumbag but it would be entirely appropriate if someone knocked all of his teeth out and made a necklace out of them.

Perhaps that way he'd look at the appeal of the "trophy" in a whole new way. :trollface:
Dimples

Postby Guest » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:32 pm

He was well known, had a name, was protected and very used to human contact. The guy could have basically called on him and then killed him. Even if you're into hunting, there's no sport or honour in that, it's horrible. Walter has become the hunted now by the world press, there's karma for you.

Cecil's mates will now have their cubs killed by the new alpha. All because this Walter guy is an inadequate cunt.

Postby Stooo » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:49 pm

I hope that he gets extradited to Zimbabwe, then arrested and put on trial.
Stooo
Site Admin

Next

Return to The Archive