DS and DTV Part Twenty-Four.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part Twenty-Four.

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:18 pm

You're not at work to make friends. Unrealistic expectations.
http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2110274

Postby Random » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:55 pm

Guest wrote:You're not at work to make friends. Unrealistic expectations.

2 months isn't long enough to know if someone is a proper friend or not either. Friendship builds over time and people who usually have a friendship or any kind of fast paced relationship usually fizzles out as quick as it started.
Random

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Puzzler wrote:Maybe I should just ignore people who accuse me of hating muslims and let people like you think it's true eh? God I wish vx4 and Les still posted....

You were accused of been utterly obsessed with Muslims which is true.

Postby Major Clanger » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Oh bless...... Ginger Bitch has been busy with the Red Blobs. Well, quelle surprise. Red it quite an appropriate colour - coz that bitch really does need to get off the rag. :cronos:
Major Clanger

Postby kathers » Fri Oct 09, 2015 3:17 pm

Mental health disorders don't really conform to what you might consider realistic expectations. This person needs some advice on how to make friends, and how to try to keep the connection with the initial friend. I expect you Guests would have them just force themselves to assimilate and ignore their anxiety even though that has catastrophic consequences in the long term.
kathers

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:03 pm

kathers wrote:

Mental health disorders don't really conform to what you might consider realistic expectations. This person needs some advice on how to make friends, and how to try to keep the connection with the initial friend. I expect you Guests would have them just force themselves to assimilate and ignore their anxiety even though that has catastrophic consequences in the long term.

You "guests"?? Please don't criticise entire groups of people because you don't agree with 1 persons opinion.

Actually, as difficult and cruel as the situation sounds"exposure" is a very effective treatment in anxiety. The fm cant rely on his friend at work (the friend may not want the responsibility), he's been supported by him for weeks(?), maybe now is the right time to be a little more independent.

Postby kathers » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:16 pm

Guest wrote:
kathers wrote:

You "guests"?? Please don't criticise entire groups of people because you don't agree with 1 persons opinion.

Actually, as difficult and cruel as the situation sounds"exposure" is a very effective treatment in anxiety. The fm cant rely on his friend at work (the friend may not want the responsibility), he's been supported by him for weeks(?), maybe now is the right time to be a little more independent.

OK, in future I will say "you two (now three? who knows!) specific Guests who have been talking about this topic" because you couldn't make that leap.

I agree that the FM needs to try to be more independent, I just think that they need some help/advice other than "just deal with it." I don't think using their one friend as a crutch is going to be healthy, but I also don't think they can just go it alone and will themselves to overcome what sounds like severe anxiety. That's why I think tools for coping with the new interactions, and ways to maintain the friendship without having to be in the same team as the original friend, would be the best thing.

I'm just saying that "work isn't for friends!" is unsympathetic and not practical for this person.
kathers

Postby Guest » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:23 pm

kathers wrote:
Guest wrote:
kathers wrote:

OK, in future I will say "you two (now three? who knows!) specific Guests who have been talking about this topic" because you couldn't make that leap.

I agree that the FM needs to try to be more independent, I just think that they need some help/advice other than "just deal with it." I don't think using their one friend as a crutch is going to be healthy, but I also don't think they can just go it alone and will themselves to overcome what sounds like severe anxiety. That's why I think tools for coping with the new interactions, and ways to maintain the friendship without having to be in the same team as the original friend, would be the best thing.

I'm just saying that "work isn't for friends!" is unsympathetic and not practical for this person.

It's not really unsympathetic, there is an expectation from him that it isn't normal to not make friends at work. He goes on about how he hasn't stayed in many jobs before because he can't make any friends. Not sure he realises that you go to work, to work. If he worried a little less about social interaction and got on with his job, which he seems capable of doing then he would be immersing himself in work, and not worrying about having to make friends. A change of mindset is needed.

Postby Errrr... » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Major Clanger wrote:Oh bless...... Ginger Bitch has been busy with the Red Blobs. Well, quelle surprise. Red it quite an appropriate colour - coz that bitch really does need to get off the rag. :cronos:

Then take it up with Ginge on DTV cos its got sod all to do with this forum you moron :hand:
Errrr...

Postby Puzzler's Muslim Lovechild » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:38 pm

Puzzler wrote:
Guest wrote:
Puzzler wrote:
Guest wrote:You're totally and utterly obsessed with Muslims, Puzzler. :yikes:

Is it wrong to highlight attacks on Shia muslims and Christians, by Sunni extremists? Do you think the scum bullying the Hussain family for being 'apostates' are justified? :yikes: :off head:
Perhaps the police should carry on letting them get on with it(I mean, it's islamophobic to stop Sunni thugs getting their kicks by targeting people from other religions and islamic sects), I think you'd only be happy if they were stoned to death for leaving your religion :smilin:

Let's not kid ourselves that you care about any Muslims. You hate them all. Well not counting the ones that fully conform... but wait... they don't exist. :gigglesnshit:

Being honest you baghead troll, you don't see Shia, Alawites, Ahmadis or Sufis, hell even Sunnis that don't subscribe to your primitive wahhabi ideology, as muslims - so it's no surprise you think I hate 'all' muslims. You have the debating skills of a tick as all you can do is chuck lies and insults about. You must have missed my continued support for muslim leaders such as Assad, El Sisi, and Kadyrov - or my support of the Shia militias in Iraq, the Houthi rebels and the Sunni Kurds. Just debate without lying why don't you? :off head:

Don't talk to my mum like that, dad!

Let's be honest Puzz. You could donate to Islamic charities, let a Syrian refugee family live with you, marry a Muslim and do anything to convince yourself that you are a 'nice' guy who sees the world to be unfair as it is right now. But at the end of the day, after all has been said, when we are all tucked away safely in our beds, you are nothing but an angry guy with seething, palpable hate in his heart for a group of other people because you think they are different in a bad way.

There's no foul mouthed rants or witty responses or emoticons that is going to change that.
Puzzler's Muslim Lovechild

Postby kathers » Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:45 pm

Guest wrote:
kathers wrote:
Guest wrote:

It's not really unsympathetic, there is an expectation from him that it isn't normal to not make friends at work. He goes on about how he hasn't stayed in many jobs before because he can't make any friends. Not sure he realises that you go to work, to work. If he worried a little less about social interaction and got on with his job, which he seems capable of doing then he would be immersing himself in work, and not worrying about having to make friends. A change of mindset is needed.

It sounds like it is normal to make friends in his workplace, as it is in many. When everyone else is making friends and you aren't, and you have an anxiety disorder, that makes the workplace very stressful. It also sounds like there is an emphasis on working as part of a team, which is far harder to do when you struggle to connect with your colleagues at least to some extent.
kathers

Postby Major Clanger » Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:39 pm

Errrr... wrote:
Major Clanger wrote:Oh bless...... Ginger Bitch has been busy with the Red Blobs. Well, quelle surprise. Red it quite an appropriate colour - coz that bitch really does need to get off the rag. :cronos:

Then take it up with Ginge on DTV cos its got sod all to do with this forum you moron :hand:
And the title of this thread is........ (big breath)......... DS and DTV Part Twenty-Four. So your point is? :hand:
Major Clanger

Postby jra » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:08 pm

Ah, the clique reputation system or not in this case.
jra

Postby Major Clanger » Fri Oct 09, 2015 7:40 pm

jra wrote:

What are you waffling on about now ya cunt?
Major Clanger

Postby jra » Fri Oct 09, 2015 8:39 pm

Major Clanger wrote:
jra wrote:

What are you waffling on about now ya cunt?

Ah another pleasant person. Nice to meet you : rolleyes : . And you are?
jra

Previous

Return to The Archive