Sunny and TJ's Football Thread Part 20.

Big Threads

Re: Sunny and TJ's Soccer Thread Part 20.

Postby Kat » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:04 am

Wonder who will be in out of a job at Xmas or just after .so much said regarding the manager merry go round its crazy within the top clubs
Kat

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:10 am

Kat wrote:Wonder who will be in out of a job at Xmas or just after .so much said regarding the manager merry go round its crazy within the top clubs

I think you might be getting a new manager Kat, how do you feel about Jose taking over?
Vicky

Postby Kat » Wed Dec 23, 2015 11:55 am

Victoria I love Jose I think he's a great manager among one of the best .I have posted before that I think he's looked I'll for a while .and he has been on a melt down something I don't like to see in any managers of any club .all this he will might get the sack and lining up a replacement before the managers gone imo is wrong .I also think you have players on the pitch that should want to give their all for the club and fans etc .not one player is bigger than a club .fergie proved that re Beckham fiasco .it is said on a news website that there is many players unhappy with what's going on at man u re manager .hope if Jose does come he nips that in bud play or piss off . I'm thinking
Kat

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:02 pm

Victoria wrote:Talking of Ozil..

He's admitted Arsenal are nervous about facing the best team in the world in the next round of the Champions League.

He said it's going to be very difficult for Arsenal to stop Neymar, Messi and Suarez.

I had forgotten a little thing - Barcelona's ban on transfers ends in January and they already bought Arturo Vidal and someone else in the summer but they haven't been able to play them yet, but they can from the new year.

Anyway doesn't matter, we'll have to do what we did against the teams like Munich, City and United - bank up with two lines of defence to nullify the threat of those three, then catch them on the counter attack.

Barcelona haven't got a great defence, even when Vidal is added to their midfield he's a box to box defensive midfielder and he can't stop himself from going forward, so we'll draw them in and catch them on the break.

Also, we'll probably have some of our injured players back before then, Coquelin, Wilshire, Welbeck, maybe even Cazorla .... if everyone is fit and we have a strong eleven and bench, we've got as good a chance as anyone of putting Barca out.

People are quick to forget, we had to field a very weak side against Munich in Germany, only 5 players would have been certain first eleven choices and we had a very weak bench - given a fully fit squad I reckon we can do it.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Kat » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:13 pm

My bet on silverware for the arsenal went right down the bog last year I've a bet again this year and I think while there's so much unrest at other clubs at min .arsenal will go from strength to strength .injury free
Kat

Postby Trapper John » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:19 pm

The FA have sent out questionnaires to Premier League clubs with a view to finding out if an expansion of video technology to get more in game decisions right would be welcomed and if the clubs would be prepared to be 'guinea pigs' for a trial.

I'm all for getting more decisions right, we moan about match officials but they have a dreadful job these days not just in making the correct decisions but avoiding being hoodwinked by players.

As long as it doesn't affect the flow of the match and mean 90 minutes of stop/start football, I'd like to see it - it's not as if we can't get almost instant replays of every incident in a game - so it shouldn't impact on the match at all.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:22 pm

Kat wrote:Victoria I love Jose I think he's a great manager among one of the best .I have posted before that I think he's looked I'll for a while .and he has been on a melt down something I don't like to see in any managers of any club .all this he will might get the sack and lining up a replacement before the managers gone imo is wrong .I also think you have players on the pitch that should want to give their all for the club and fans etc .not one player is bigger than a club .fergie proved that re Beckham fiasco .it is said on a news website that there is many players unhappy with what's going on at man u re manager .hope if Jose does come he nips that in bud play or piss off . I'm thinking

Graham Roberts who played for Rangers, got it spot on about players thinking they'e bigger than the club when he said "The crest on the front is bigger than the name on the back" I haven't got anytime for these players, that get too big for their boots.

I think Jose would sort out any troublemakers as soon as he arrives and if they don't start playing better he'll drop them or sell them.

He's a cracking manager and would be great at United, but as you say, Van Gaal still there at the moment.

So we'll have to wait and see, what's going to happen with him first.
Vicky

Postby Kat » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:34 pm

It's the expectations of managers now get the silverware or you are off .it was hard imo to match upto fergie .but pressure is on all top clubs .man u man city .and Chelsea .with arsenal I see this as another matter the manager can just get on with it .it goes a long way Victoria that might be the reason other clubs with no upset in the camp are doing so well who would have thought the top would be like this at Xmas
Kat

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:49 pm

Kat wrote:It's the expectations of managers now get the silverware or you are off .it was hard imo to match upto fergie .but pressure is on all top clubs .man u man city .and Chelsea .with arsenal I see this as another matter the manager can just get on with it .it goes a long way Victoria that might be the reason other clubs with no upset in the camp are doing so well who would have thought the top would be like this at Xmas

I don't think anyone thought Leicester would be top of the League at Christmas and Celtic have usually won the League by now.

However Aberdeen are only a point behind them and I don't think many were expecting that either.

It's going to be a very interesting, last half of the season.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:51 pm

If Aberdeen do win the SP it will be the first time in thirty-one years, it hasn't been won by Rangers or Celtic.

Creamy will need sedated and probably so will I. Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:26 pm

Interesting..

In the last six years, the team that was top of the EPL at Christmas, went on to win the title.

Could this be a lucky omen for Leicester?

The report didn't say what team ballsed things up, but at a guess I imagine it was Arsenal.

Vicky

Postby Kat » Wed Dec 23, 2015 3:41 pm

Hey it could be a omen Victoria I think that man u was on top one Xmas and city got the title .oh I maybe wrong ??? We have been posting this morning about managers etc and just looked at news BBC and arsene Wenger has made a comment about it being disrespectful .he's right in that fact to a point also wonder if he has heard something regarding his future or worried cos its not like him to get involved hence my post this morning
Kat

Postby Vicky » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:57 pm

Kat wrote:Hey it could be a omen Victoria I think that man u was on top one Xmas and city got the title .oh I maybe wrong ??? We have been posting this morning about managers etc and just looked at news BBC and arsene Wenger has made a comment about it being disrespectful .he's right in that fact to a point also wonder if he has heard something regarding his future or worried cos its not like him to get involved hence my post this morning

I think Arsene Wenger will be at Arsenal until he decides to leave Kat, I can't see him ever getting sacked.

It's strange he's commented though, he rarely gets involved in things.

Mark Warburton that took over from Rangers in the Summer was linked with the job for weeks, but he wouldn't discuss it, because Stuart McCall was still there.

Mark Warburton kept saying it was disrespectful to talk about taking over at a club, when someone was still in the job.

I think he's right.

You should wait until the jobs available, before you start saying you would like it.
Vicky

Re: Sunny and TJ's Football Thread Part 20.

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:43 am

Bolton have said Neil Lennon, won't be sacked.

It makes you wonder, what you would need to do to get sacked at that club.

I mean he threatened a woman with a knife, apparently that's acceptable.

What a strange little club. Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:45 am

Talking of Bolton!!

They're in big trouble!!

They owe £1172.9 million pounds and haven't paid their players wages since November.

A 10 point reduction and administration are on the cards and due to the fact their shite, they'll be relegated.

Of course a similar thing happened to Rangers of Glasgow!!

We aren't shite, but those tossers taking 10 points off us, screwed our chances of winning the title.

We were just 4 points behind Celtic when that happened, if things had stayed as they were, Rangers would have gone on and won it.

However we had no chance, after the SFA did that.

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive