DS and DTV Part Twenty-Eight.

Big Threads

Re: DS and DTV Part Twenty-Eight.

Postby Red Okktober » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:47 pm

jesaya wrote:
Viper wrote:Oopsie poopsie christmascake has passed his use by date! Back to the ill informed 'activism' for you son.

I think that was down to an argument on a football thread Vipe, it all got a bit heated in the Man U thread last night. Though why anyone cares over such a tedious game is beyond me.

He gets all in a tizzy when it comes to discussing footie. :grrrrr:

Shame it wasn't his own team's thread, he could of produced his 'special list' of who is and who isn't allowed to post in there.
Red Okktober

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:47 pm

VR6storm wrote:
Lambert wrote: Seems BigAndy is a regular on several forums, no doubt he reads here and probably posts as a guest.

I've just read through it and there's not one single serious post in reply to the OP. As for the DTV'ers pitching up to derail it, that's bollocks. There's lots of posts in that thread which are not from DTV members, so again, our well informed guest is wide of the mark with their 'observation'. :cuppaT:

Nope! stoatie, Hugh JBoobs, bex, madridsta123 et al look a bunch of backslapping twats, while BigAndy99 looks like the victim

Typical DTV clique behaviour :roll:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:54 pm

Guest wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
Guest wrote: The people who derail his threads look like the bigger twats by far I would say. I bet Big Andy laughs at quite how easily he pulls their strings and hears them sound off. I agree on the flaccid lightweights comment, they couldn't hand anyone's arse to them.

If you get upset by someone saying 'please discuss' on an internet forum, you tend to deserve whatever criticism comes your way.
I would disagree. The FM's derailing his threads can see them for what they actually are...... which is primarily bullshit. And posting a sarky comment is hardly sounding off. Talk about over-egging the pudding. :whistle:

Nah, bollocks- some of the dumbasses that moaned he wrote 'please discuss' have finally cottoned on, although others still haven't, and yet the best that they've got is some rehashed 'please discuss' comment back at him. There are still some who seem to get unusually irate by something so mild, and the fact they can't resist posting in his threads shows they are still saddos who take it and him too seriously.

It's a shitty entertainment forum. Hardly a big deal.

See this so many times and still don;t understand it.

Why does the main site raison d'etre impact on a forum for general discussion or politics?

It's also a large forum with a wide membership, higher than most by far. What do you suggest is a widely used large 'serious forum' then?

I can understand the comment when it comes to sections such as showbiz or radio/tv shows, but what bearing does it have on other independent forum sections? :dunno:

*My guess is your type of comment is used by knobs justifying behaving like knobs. :thumbsup:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Guest wrote:
Viper wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I'm sure that Garret1 is a pbu. I remember someone else who used to go on about Tommy Robinson all the time, had a real hard on for him. Can't remember his name though.

Oh noes. Not a pbu. On an internet forum. What is the world coming to. Somebody call the police! :grrrrr:

You're not that total and utter bellend Scottie21 are you? He posted similar in that thread. He seems to spend half his time in threads trying (and failing) to sound clever in outing PBU's or implying it's someone that's re-registered. Sad.

No. It doesn't matter if he is a pbu.It's more that I can't remember who he was. And I'm puzzling over it. I think all these trolls sound the same now. All blending into one.

Thats a sign that you should get a life.

No its not. Spotting and working out pbus on here is fun!!

You protest too much Viper........... worried?

No- it's as sad as fuck, and is perhaps one of the more nerdy cringey things you see on here, especially when people post whole lists of names they've compiled, going back god knows how long.

I don't even know what this DTV vs Dogs vs whatever thing is all about or why some people seem unhealthily obsessed with it or PBUs in general. These types need to seriously get a life.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:18 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
Guest wrote: The people who derail his threads look like the bigger twats by far I would say. I bet Big Andy laughs at quite how easily he pulls their strings and hears them sound off. I agree on the flaccid lightweights comment, they couldn't hand anyone's arse to them.

If you get upset by someone saying 'please discuss' on an internet forum, you tend to deserve whatever criticism comes your way.
I would disagree. The FM's derailing his threads can see them for what they actually are...... which is primarily bullshit. And posting a sarky comment is hardly sounding off. Talk about over-egging the pudding. :whistle:

Nah, bollocks- some of the dumbasses that moaned he wrote 'please discuss' have finally cottoned on, although others still haven't, and yet the best that they've got is some rehashed 'please discuss' comment back at him. There are still some who seem to get unusually irate by something so mild, and the fact they can't resist posting in his threads shows they are still saddos who take it and him too seriously.

Why does the main site raison d'etre impact on a forum for general discussion or politics?

It's also a large forum with a wide membership, higher than most by far. What do you suggest is a widely used large 'serious forum' then?

I can understand the comment when it comes to sections such as showbiz or radio/tv shows, but what bearing does it have on other independent forum sections? :dunno:

*My guess is your type of comment is used by knobs justifying behaving like knobs. :thumbsup:

It's really not that hard a concept to grasp. It's Digital Freaking Spy, not Question Time, or a debate taking place at the United Nations.

Numbers and membership mean nothing- it's akin to you trying to claim the Sun is a serious high brow newspaper worth of great respect purely because it's got the biggest circulation. It's bollocks.

My guess is that you haven't the first clue what you're chatting about. :thumbsup:

Postby Viper » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:39 pm

Yep he was upto his 'poor me im special' routine in there aswell. Ban'll do him good.

Well it never stopped you being a dick, did it. Mind you, in your case it's a lifestyle choice. :mrgreen:[/quote]

You seem to like cake. Are you grooming him to become full blown sjw?
Viper

Postby Viper » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:40 pm

Whoopsiekins. Double post sorry.
Viper

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:45 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:See this so many times and still don;t understand it.

It's really not that hard a concept to grasp. It's Digital Freaking Spy, not Question Time, or a debate taking place at the United Nations.

Numbers and membership mean nothing- it's akin to you trying to claim the Sun is a serious high brow newspaper worth of great respect purely because it's got the biggest circulation. It's bollocks.

My guess is that you haven't the first clue what you're chatting about. :thumbsup:

Question Time or the United Nations are not online discussion facilities. You failed to name a 'serious' large forum as well.

Maybe you are referring to the content of DS; that content, and the absurdity of it, being largely down to the far right and right wing trolls with nothing better to do with their day and insufficient intelligence to behave any differently?

The site itself doesn't dictate content, the users do...

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:51 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
VR6storm wrote:

lol :gigglesnshit:

Seriously.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:28 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:See this so many times and still don;t understand it.

Question Time or the United Nations are not online discussion facilities. You failed to name a 'serious' large forum as well.

Maybe you are referring to the content of DS; that content, and the absurdity of it, being largely down to the far right and right wing trolls with nothing better to do with their day and insufficient intelligence to behave any differently?

The site itself doesn't dictate content, the users do...

I didn't 'fail' anything, and in stating that QT or the UN aren't online discussion facilities, you're only stating what we already know. Way to miss the point.

The only fail here is your inability to understand the point being made. If you want to put DS on a pedestal and think of it as some kind of beacon of respectability and/ or high brow debate, as opposed to a shitty entertainment forum, then by all means, go right ahead. :smilin:

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:34 pm

Pork Pie is agrainofsand. I'm convinced of it and have been for weeks.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:53 pm

Guest wrote:I didn't 'fail' anything, and in stating that QT or the UN aren't online discussion facilities, you're only stating what we already know. Way to miss the point.

The only fail here is your inability to understand the point being made. If you want to put DS on a pedestal and think of it as some kind of beacon of respectability and/ or high brow debate, as opposed to a shitty entertainment forum, then by all means, go right ahead. :smilin:

It's an online discussion forum covering a wide range of subjects. A large number of users are happy and willing to discuss anything from the trivial to the more serious. There is a sizeable number of online trolls with nothing better to do than troll, bait and mock other users. Not gifted with the greatest intellect, those sorts think that classing the whole place as 'a shitty entertainment forum' justifies their behaviour.

tl;dr?

A group of wankers turn a discussion forum in to a playground then try and justify it by blaming the site. :off head:

Postby jesaya » Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:55 pm

Viper wrote:
You seem to like cake. Are you grooming him to become full blown sjw?

I do like cake. Coffee-walnut in particular.

CC can't be a sjw though, because he actually does something and a sjw, from what I understand of the term (albeit mainly from here), is someone who doesn't get involved in real-life activism. Calling CC a 'sjw' would be like calling you a 'pretend-troll'. :smilin:
jesaya

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:05 pm

Guest wrote:
VR6storm wrote:
Lambert wrote: Seems BigAndy is a regular on several forums, no doubt he reads here and probably posts as a guest.

I've just read through it and there's not one single serious post in reply to the OP. As for the DTV'ers pitching up to derail it, that's bollocks. There's lots of posts in that thread which are not from DTV members, so again, our well informed guest is wide of the mark with their 'observation'. :cuppaT:

Nope! stoatie, Hugh JBoobs, bex, madridsta123 et al look a bunch of backslapping twats, while BigAndy99 looks like the victim

Typical DTV clique behaviour :roll:

All I see is people taking the piss out of an obvious, and not very good, troll.

I have no problem with that.

Postby Guest » Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:07 pm

Guest wrote:
Guest wrote:I didn't 'fail' anything, and in stating that QT or the UN aren't online discussion facilities, you're only stating what we already know. Way to miss the point.

It's an online discussion forum covering a wide range of subjects. A large number of users are happy and willing to discuss anything from the trivial to the more serious. There is a sizeable number of online trolls with nothing better to do than troll, bait and mock other users. Not gifted with the greatest intellect, those sorts think that classing the whole place as 'a shitty entertainment forum' justifies their behaviour.

tl;dr?

A group of wankers turn a discussion forum in to a playground then try and justify it by blaming the site. :off head:

DS has always been a playground. Welcome to the internet.

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive