23rd of JUNE - IN or OUT of the EU ...So what's your poison?

Big Threads

EU, In Or Out?

Let's stick to the Federalised plan, it works for Germany and the USA
8%
Nothing is broken, let's stay in
11%
Dunno
16%
Mr Cameron seems to have worked out a plan that has at the very least started discussion
No votes
Totally out of the EU
65%

Total votes : 37

23rd of JUNE - IN or OUT of the EU ...So what's your poison?

Postby Trapper John » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:23 pm

If you're thinking about believing anything that slimy leech Cameron says about his 'Special Status Britain' agreement, just remember one thing - when we were asked to vote whether we wanted to join an economic trading association known as the European 'Common Market' the same slimy, lying bastards of the Tory Party told us it was purely a trading deal and there would never be any question of Britain becoming part of a Federated Europe, having political ties or Europe having any say in what our country does.

We've had over 40 years of this shit and are we any better off than we would have been if we hadn't? - All I know is I don't feel I've had any benefit from it and I believe it's time for a change - for our children's and their children's sake - Vote Out in June!
Last edited by Stooo on Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added a poll.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: 23rd of JUNE - IN or OUT of the EU ...So what's your poison?

Postby Maddog » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:26 pm

If I had a vote I would say leave.
Maddog

Postby McAz » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:28 pm

I'm pretty sure we are staying in no matter what the outcome of the referendum - which suits me fine.
McAz

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Trapper John wrote:If you're thinking about believing anything that slimy leech Cameron says about his 'Special Status Britain' agreement, just remember one thing - when we were asked to vote whether we wanted to join an economic trading association known as the European 'Common Market' the same slimy, lying bastards of the Tory Party told us it was purely a trading deal and there would never be any question of Britain becoming part of a Federated Europe, having political ties or Europe having any say in what our country does.

We've had over 40 years of this shit and are we any better off than we would have been if we hadn't? - All I know is I don't feel I've had any benefit from it and I believe it's time for a change - for our children's and their children's sake - Vote Out in June!

Where's the fucking poll? :again?:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:31 pm

Stooo wrote:
Trapper John wrote:If you're thinking about believing anything that slimy leech Cameron says about his 'Special Status Britain' agreement, just remember one thing - when we were asked to vote whether we wanted to join an economic trading association known as the European 'Common Market' the same slimy, lying bastards of the Tory Party told us it was purely a trading deal and there would never be any question of Britain becoming part of a Federated Europe, having political ties or Europe having any say in what our country does.

TJ is such a slacker.
Maddog

Postby wutang » Sat Feb 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Personally couldn't give a shit either way.
wutang

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 pm

Maddog wrote:
Stooo wrote:

TJ is such a slacker.

Sorted it :thumbsup:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:14 pm

wutang wrote:Personally couldn't give a shit either way.

That's because you're waiting for the Soviet Union part 2 to invade and annex the UK. :)
Maddog

Postby Fletch » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:38 pm

Out for the reasons in the other thread:

I've changed my mind over the years. Once I was all for staying in, and the EU and being part of it still has it's attractions, it's just been hijacked by banking and big business. (or was the plan all along?) The idea of all being the same with the same protections, opportunities and standards of living is appealing, it may even be the aim of the many, but it's not the aim of the few and those who control the EU; the same thing really.

There's no doubt things may be worse in terms of protection of workers and safeguards for individuals outside of the EU, but then that is down to the government we have. This bunch of chancers won't be in power for ever so we should think longer term.

The trade scare stories are nonsense; people don't seem to understand what free trade agreements are. Many think it's just an agreement not to levy tariffs on your country's exports. It's far more than that and gives corporates far more than it gives the country, as TTIP and TPP will show. We will still trade with other countries, including the EU. No-one is going to stop buying Mercedes, BMW, Renault, French cheeses and wine or Spanish fruit and vegetables. No-one is going to stop buying Scotch whisky, electronic components (arm) or British foods.

Immigration is another red herring. We had more from outside the EU than within the EU come here in the last figures, the highest immigration numbers on record. Not a Labour issue but a neoliberal issue, hence high under New Labour and higher still under Tories. It provides new borrowers, new buyers and cheap disposable labour. Our growth is mainly around higher numbers, GDP per capita is going down, with an economy based on high and rising house prices. More people means high demand which keeps property prices high.
Fletch

Postby Fletch » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:41 pm

Keeping some bloody awful company though...

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Fletch

Postby wutang » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:42 pm

Maddog wrote:
wutang wrote:Personally couldn't give a shit either way.

That's because you're waiting for the Soviet Union part 2 to invade and annex the UK. :)

You're right. I forgot the plan...

Put me down for 'staying in'

:thumbsup:
wutang

Postby ambient » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:03 pm

Stooo wrote:

if the vote goes the right way, on the first fucking train back to Warsaw
ambient

Postby Stooo » Sat Feb 20, 2016 8:07 pm

ambient wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Brutal! :yikes:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Random » Sat Feb 20, 2016 9:12 pm

Dunno about you, but I find his ,special status , bs rather embarrassing. If we did choose to be a part of an organisation we,d be an equal member and not only on the condition of ,special status,

I,ve always viewed the EU as unelected bureaucrats but just lately it is coming to fruition just how dangerous these people are, changing the whole face of Europe, putting the native people at risk. A horrible nasty approach of trying to call people racist if they are their concerns. It's just vile.

Many are voicing their views on they want ,out, today but I think as the time gets nearer and people become worried about the threat ( real or not) to loss of business they may vote more accordinging to their finances rather than the safety and Liberty of future generations.

Some MP,s like Michael Gove who are on the out campaign might come up with ideas we are not in favour of like getting rid of the courts, but this is just a blind to tell our subconscious he isn't,t worthy either. Nothing is gonna fool me.

Mines a OUT!
Random

Postby Maddog » Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:03 pm

ambient wrote:
Stooo wrote:

Clever! :bell:
Maddog

Next

Return to The Archive