Dog's Football Thread Part 2.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part 2.

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:00 am

TJ, you can tell us over and over again!

Just how "Great" the EPL is, but it doesn't make it true.

Vicky

12963808_526917987491621_6598003151024486164_n.jpg
Vicky

Of course some of us have already seen our team crowned Champions and next up for Rangers, is the final of the prestigious Petrofac Cup on Sunday.

Rangers will play Peterhead in what's been billed as the biggest game in Britain this weekend.

It will be a very proud moment for me, when Lee Wallace lifts the trophy.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:01 am

Frank39 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Frank39 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Relax Robs, it's Harry Winks.

Young Harry, has seen how well Dominic Ball and Nathan Oduwa have done at Rangers and wants to join us in the Summer.

Remind us again Victoria, when is it summer in Scotland this year, is it June 21st., or the Fourth of July?

It's June the 21st this year Frank!! :laughing:

That's my wife's birthday!
I think I'll spring for a long weekend for her and her sister at the Homestay b/b, Petershill Park, Springburn, you'll recognise her, she'll be the only one with genuine Christian Louboutin shoes on in that area, unless she gets mugged for them.

She'll be fine Frank, your wife will have a great time. Image
Vicky

Postby Frank39 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:03 am

Victoria wrote:
Frank39 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Frank39 wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Relax Robs, it's Harry Winks.

Young Harry, has seen how well Dominic Ball and Nathan Oduwa have done at Rangers and wants to join us in the Summer.

Remind us again Victoria, when is it summer in Scotland this year, is it June 21st., or the Fourth of July?

It's June the 21st this year Frank!! :laughing:

That's my wife's birthday!
I think I'll spring for a long weekend for her and her sister at the Homestay b/b, Petershill Park, Springburn, you'll recognise her, she'll be the only one with genuine Christian Louboutin shoes on in that area, unless she gets mugged for them.

She'll be fine Frank, your wife will have a great time. Image

I could neither see, nor open the image that was attached to your post Victoria, I presume it was something to illustrate what Springburn is like.
I asked a Scot of my acquaintance to tell me where was the shittiest place in Glasgow, as I was having a joke with a beautiful weegie woman.
He told me Pollok, Crookston, or Springburn, I opted for Springburn.
To other things, a piece in last night's London Evening Standard reported that Slaven Bilic says that if West Ham beat Arsenal this w/end, Arsenal can forget about the title, personally these musings make me uneasy, I always feel that they are a jinx.
Don't shoot the messenger TJ, I only read it, I didn't write it.
I'm on record as saying I wouldn't mind a draw, to keep my Gooners happy, but in reality, if West Ham want to go for the Champions League, then they'll need all the points.
Frank39

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:05 am

Frank39 wrote:

I could neither see, nor open the image that was attached to your post Victoria, I presume it was something to illustrate what Springburn is like.
I asked a Scot of my acquaintance to tell me where was the shittiest place in Glasgow, as I was having a joke with a beautiful weegie woman.
He told me Pollok, Crookston, or Springburn, I opted for Springburn.
To other things, a piece in last night's London Evening Standard reported that Slaven Bilic says that if West Ham beat Arsenal this w/end, Arsenal can forget about the title, personally these musings make me uneasy, I always feel that they are a jinx.
I'm on record as saying I wouldn't mind a draw, to keep my Gooners happy, but in reality, if West Ham want to go for the Champions League, then they'll need all the points.

It was just a wee smiley with the Saltire, Frank.

I've only been to Springburn once and that was by accident.

I'd been in the City Centre shopping and I got on the wrong train coming home.Image
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:25 am

Frank39 wrote:

Yes Frank, I agree - I said in the thread earlier, Arsenal's slim title chances depend on winning every game until the end of the season, even a draw would likely finish them.

I also said that West Ham's top four aspirations will mean the game is gonna be tough - the only thing that gives me a slight hope is that, better late than never, Wenger has found a formation and line up that seems to be clicking together - the Elneny/ Coquelin pairing in the middle and Iwobi, Welbeck and Sanchez with Ozil behind has proved electric since they came together in Barcelona.

And I've watched Arsenal for so many years, that I know we can put a string of victories together and do so often - just a shame that it's come a bit too late.

After watching Leicester get the rub of the green against Southampton last week and in previous games though - I think we're fighting a losing battle - you can't overhaul a team who has the referees on side.

I think that this season, we'll just have to settle for overhauling Spurs into the runners up spot - that is much more realistic and likely.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:05 pm

All being well between now and this evening, Jack Wilshere will play his first competitive game of the season tonight in the U21's against Newcastle. Jack has worked hard to gain fitness after fracturing his shin on the eve of the new season and everyone believes he's ready for this.

Arsene Wenger has been told by surgeons, doctors and his medical team that Jack's propensity for injury - caused by the underlying problems in his skeletal formation which has dogged his career - are at an end. Wenger is cautious though, he said that it sounds like good news but because of Jack's history, he needs a lot more convincing and only seeing him compete in full competitive matches and complete them without any ill affects, will do that.

Wenger also said that Jack will not be punished over the 'incident' he was said to be involved in at the weekend. Wenger listened to Jack's side of the story and is happy that it was a mountain made out of a mole hill. He also said that Jack does not drink, he never has and the regular testing the club do themselves on the players for drugs and alcohol has never shown any evidence to the contrary.

He told the press that Jack is a professional and his life is football. He has no problem with players enjoying themselves when they have free time and a day off the next day - as was the case last weekend. He went on, I'm not going to tell young men in their 20's that they must be locked up behind closed doors, I wouldn't expect you to accept that, why should people expect footballers to do otherwise?

Fingers crossed, Jack will come through tonight unscathed and feature in full games without incident before the end of the season. We need Jack Wilshere to travel to France in the summer, he will be a key player for the England team.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:21 pm

Jack Wilshere the "model" professional.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:59 pm

Wenger quite rightly told reporters that what was said in his meeting with Jack Wilshere was a private matter between him, the player and the club - and he will not mention it again.

A journalist close to Arsenal spoke on TalkSport last night and gave what he is confident are the true facts behind the incident at the weekend, which he got from reliable sources inside the Emirates.

First he confirmed that Jack Wilshere is not a drinker and rarely if ever touches alcohol, nor is he a smoker, the club's medical department confirm this.

Apparently, Jack was out with a few friends in the West End and spent the evening in a coffee house. He only did this that night because earlier, he had dropped his other half and a few of her friends off at the nightclub at the centre of the so called 'incident' - and told her to call him when they wanted to go home and they'd pick them up.

There was some sort of words exchanged with staff in the coffee house with Jack and his friends because they wanted to close up even though it is supposed to stay open until the last patrons leave. There was no threats or heated exchange and Jack and his friends left without further words.

The decided to take a slow walk to the club and wait for his other half's call. On arriving, she phoned to say they were on their way out. As is often the case, some drunk clubbers started mouthing abuse at Jack in the street, so one of his friends went with Jack to ask the bouncers if they could wait inside? ...... whilst doing that, several drunk yobs wanted a story to tell their mates and acted aggressively towards Jack and his party, whilst they were talking to the bouncers.

There was a bit of shuffling 'handbags' between the yobs and Jack's friends and the bouncers separating them. Then as other revellers came out of the club, complete strangers decided to add their twopennyworth and joined in on Jack's behalf and it all got a bit farcical.

When two passing coppers turned up, it was all pretty much over. After a few words with the coppers, Jack's other half and her friends came out of the club and everyone went their separate ways.

All over in a few moments and really a whole load of fuss about nothing. Like Wenger said to reporters earlier, how often do you go for a night out and get subjected to mouthfuls of abuse from complete strangers? ..... unfortunately, that's the life of a committed young footballer.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:06 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

You'd make a good sensationalist sleaze paparazzi - is that cigarette alight? ....... do you know what that liquid is?

In fact that ciggy looks photo-shopped to me, it's not sitting in his mouth naturally at all.

He does pretty much what every other 20 something footballer does when they have free time or are on holiday - enjoy themselves, they aren't robots and people shouldn't expect them to be.

I notice no-one brings up the Joe Hart photo when he's jumping all over Jack in the swimming pool trying to get him to drink something out of a glass.....they are just messing about - it's what we do when we're 20 or certainly I did.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:17 pm

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:

You'd make a good sensationalist sleaze paparazzi - is that cigarette alight? ....... do you know what that liquid is?

In fact that ciggy looks photo-shopped to me, it's not sitting in his mouth naturally at all.

He does pretty much what every other 20 something footballer does when they have free time or are on holiday - enjoy themselves, they aren't robots and people shouldn't expect them to be.

I notice no-one brings up the Joe Hart photo when he's jumping all over Jack in the swimming pool trying to get him to drink something out of a glass.....they are just messing about - it's what we do when we're 20 or certainly I did.

Okay fair enough!!

I didn't look at the pictures properly, but now you mention it, you have a point and I suppose what you say about him being young and on holiday is also true.

Carry on talking about him, i'll not mention him again.
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Fri Apr 08, 2016 1:58 pm

Have you ever wished your mother would just fuck off out of your business? ...... poor Ainsley Maitland-Niles must do, often, she puts a whole new meaning to the phrase 'pushy mum'

Ainsley is an excellent young Arsenal academy talent and has been at the club since a schoolboy. The 17 year old has appeared in a Champions league game for the Gunners and is a regular in the England U18's squad.

Wenger says he's an exceptional talent so allowed him to go out on loan for this season to give him some regular match experience - and he was quickly snapped up by Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy, who'd had seen him play against Reading once and thought, what a kid! .... since then, he has appeared regularly for Ipswich and has become a valued squad member.

So, all is going swimmingly for the youngster you'd think? .... not quite, because you've never met his mother.

A few days ago, the FA wanted Ainsley amongst some others, to come to London for a photo-shoot, modelling the new England U21's kit.

Unfortunately, Mick McCarthy said it wasn't a suitable time for the player to leave the club because he needs to attend all the training sessions in Ipswich's end of season run in - as they battle for a place in the Championship play-offs.

Ainsley's mother wasn't happy with that one little bit and turned up at the club to see McCarthy, he wasn't there so she called him and subjected him to a tirade of abuse that according to one source, would have put a navvy to shame.

The source said that "Mick is seasoned pro and manager, there isn't much he hasn't seen or heard before that would shock him but he said that he'd never heard the like before from anyone, let alone a woman."

This will not have impressed McCarthy one bit, I only hope that he doesn't hold young Ainsley responsible. :shake head:

Neither will it impress his parent club, Arsenal - his mother has previous with them too. Last year, almost to the day - his mother turned up at Arsenal's training ground and subjected the coaches taking training to an equally vile tirade of abuse, accusing them of not giving Ainsley enough opportunities to develop - she even physically assaulted one and was charged with assault by the police. She was subsequently banned from going anywhere near premises owned by the club.

Poor kid - how embarrassed he must be, he needs to distance himself from her, easier said than done but it could really affect his career if he doesn't.

Trapper John
Gunner.

Dog's Football Thread Part 3.

Postby Vicky » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:05 pm

Do you know, what was nice?

Arnie Peralta's widow, congratulated Rangers on their promotion.

Once a Ranger, always a Ranger.
Vicky

Previous

Return to The Archive