Dog's Football Thread Part 2.

Big Threads

Dog's Football Thread Part 2.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

Look at Arsene Wenger's coupon as Francis Coquelin walks by him after being sent off.

It seems Arsene had warned him to behave in the second-half, because he'd already been booked.

Coquelins's days at Arsenal are numbered.

That's the picture I mentioned on the last page. It won't be the end of Coquelin but he might find it hard to get back in the first eleven if Elneny plays as well as he did today, in future games. It's rare for us to use two defensive midfielders like we did today so Elneny will definitely get the shout for the next few games if he keeps it up or improves.

Steve Bould (middle with red hat) looks like he's gonna give him a good hiding when he gets down to the changing rooms and Vic Akers on the end looks like he so disgusted, he'll never talk to him again. Wenger's expression says the equivelant of 'you stupid cunt' in French.

Francis Coquelin might be on the naughty step for quite a lot longer than the one match ban he'll receive for his sending off today, if looks are anything to go by.

There is a picture showing the Arsenal bench of Wenger, Steve Bould and Vic Akers giving him a trio of daggers as he walks off the pitch for an early shower.

It's probably no wonder either, seeing as Arsene Wenger revealed that at half time he had warned Coquelin not to make any more rash challenges and get himself sent off.

Fortunately, Mohammed Elneny made an excellent full debut in the game today and looks to be a more than able replacement for Coquelin, so the young Egyptian needs to grab his chance and give Wenger a decision to make when Coquelin completes his ban.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Re: Dog's Football Thread.

Postby Trapper John » Sat Mar 05, 2016 7:54 pm

Leicester scrapped out a 1-0 victory at Watford which has now put them 5-8-10 points ahead of Spurs, Arsenal and Man City respectively.

Having watched them several times this season, what is noticable is how much leeway they get from the officials, I suppose it's unsurprising, you don' get 10 penalties in 29 games unless you have the sympathies of the referees. We need consistency from these officials, I saw Watford being penalised for challenges against Leicester players which Spurs players were getting away with wholesale in the lunchtime game - it has to be sorted and some clear guidelines - too much is being left to the referees discretion.

The other thing I noticed was their swagger is going quickly now, if they don't go ahead soon in the game they struggle for most of it. Watford tried hard and had several great chances from the off, they failed to put any away though. Leicester tried to add to their tally but were thwarted until the end of the game - a month or so ago they'd have finsihed that 3 or 4 nil.

What is important is the points gaps are not insurmountable, certainly not for Spurs or Arsenal, a couple of poor results from Leicester which will become more likely now and the others will be on top of them again.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Frank39 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:53 pm

Trapper John wrote:Fucking Hell - Everton were beating West Ham 2-0 then West Ham score 3 goals in the last 12 minutes of the game, to win 2-3. :shake head:

Fucking great wasn't it?
Man. U. fans won't be thinking 'piece of piss this' now, about their FA Cup quarter-final on March 13th. :smilin:
Frank39

Postby Frank39 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:18 pm

Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:
Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:So the London Derby finished 2-2!!

Sunny and Robs Spurs stay above Arsenal and remain in contention for the title.

Oh and by the way!!

There was nothing wrong with the red card that was shown to Coquelin, it was a needless tackle on Harry Kane and the ref was left with no choice, but to send him off!!

So Traps, blame him and not the referee. :thumbsup:

No there was nothing wrong with the decision, two yellow cards, red and off........ Eric Dier should have got a second yellow and sent off, with the ref just feet away ..... what happens? ........ fuck all ..... that's what I'm talking about. :shake head:

At that stage we were still in charge even with 10 men, it would have given us back the advantage because we were the better team.

That's what I'm talking about GAME CHANGING DECISIONS not going our way.

Don't you dare, moments later one of your players did exactly the same and nothing was given. And no you were not the better team it was one chance and u scored. You were very poor until your goal. Then played a bit better but spurs had most possession even before the sending off.
Speak later Vicky if ya reading, am too fucken angry to carry on for now, when I calm down I will return. Ps we still above them. :thumbsup:

If they sent players off for touching others shirts, every game would end with 6 players each on the pitch, Bellerin's first foul was correct, to call the second one anything would be ludicrous - your player went down well after Bellerin brushed his shirt.

There is a big difference between 'brushing a shirt' which Bellerin did and dragging a player to the ground with both hands almost ripping it off his back, when he's making a potential game changing pass - that's what Eric Dier did and everyone agrees he should have been sent off - even your mate Harry Redknapp and ex ref Howard whatisname. :thumbsup:

Just face it dear, Spurs best 11 weren't good enough to beat a second choice Arsenal side, down to ten men - even with the refs help. :whistle:

But you did have your best players on the pitch?? But its pretty clear which team has the brighter future!
shots spurs 26 Scum 10
shots on target spurs 11 scum 3

As the father of a Gooner, and grandfather to his two Gooners, I felt for them on Wednesday when Swansea, (who I actually thought deserved their win), beat Arsenal at The Emirates.
This was tempered though with West Ham's win over Tottenham, my Gooners arch rivals.
It was a double win for me, 3 points for West Ham, and getting a text from my kid asking me to thank Slavin Bilic for beating Spurs, and would he consider taking over at the Emirates?
Of course, the cherry on the cake was our 2-3 win at Goodison today, who'd have thunk it? :yess:
Frank39

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:32 am

Hello Frank. Image

So you support West Ham?

It's been a good season for your lads, you finished in 12th place last season and you're in 5th place at the moment.

So you'll play in Europe again and this time, you don't have to play all those qualifiers.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:35 am

Trapper John wrote:

Look at Arsene Wenger's coupon as Francis Coquelin walks by him after being sent off.

It seems Arsene had warned him to behave in the second-half, because he'd already been booked.

Coquelins's days at Arsenal are numbered.

That's the picture I mentioned on the last page. It won't be the end of Coquelin but he might find it hard to get back in the first eleven if Elneny plays as well as he did today, in future games. It's rare for us to use two defensive midfielders like we did today so Elneny will definitely get the shout for the next few games if he keeps it up or improves.

Steve Bould (middle with red hat) looks like he's gonna give him a good hiding when he gets down to the changing rooms and Vic Akers on the end looks like he so disgusted, he'll never talk to him again. Wenger's expression says the equivelant of 'you stupid cunt' in French.

Francis Coquelin might be on the naughty step for quite a lot longer than the one match ban he'll receive for his sending off today, if looks are anything to go by.

There is a picture showing the Arsenal bench of Wenger, Steve Bould and Vic Akers giving him a trio of daggers as he walks off the pitch for an early shower.

It's probably no wonder either, seeing as Arsene Wenger revealed that at half time he had warned Coquelin not to make any more rash challenges and get himself sent off.

Fortunately, Mohammed Elneny made an excellent full debut in the game today and looks to be a more than able replacement for Coquelin, so the young Egyptian needs to grab his chance and give Wenger a decision to make when Coquelin completes his ban.

Some people say it was inexperience that caused it and Coquelin has said sorry and he won't do it again, plus if Mohammed Elneny continues to play like that, Coquelin won't be in the first team for a while.

Maybe Arsenal, should sent Coquelin out on loan again?

By the way!!!

I couldn't believe some of the guff some Arsenal fans were saying yesterday, some were actually pleased Coquelin had been sent off.

They were hoping Arsenal getting reduced to ten men, would cost them the game and lead to Wenger being sacked.

I can see now, why you call them "Plastic fans"
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:44 am

Was anyone else aware of what happens, when Aaron Ramsey scores for Arsenal?

There's going to be a lot of worried folk about.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3478186/Who-s-Celebrities-fear-curse-Aaron-Ramsey-claimed-lives-Bin-Laden-Gaddaffi-Steve-Jobs-Arsenal-s-midfield-dynamo-scores-against-Spurs.html :ooer:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:08 am

12717931_1022048281201465_6106201341459991876_n.jpg

Another couple of twats, that are running scared of Rangers!!

We've got them by the baws, I've waited four years for this!! Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:10 am

Oh and i'll say it again!!

The fact you lot can't bring yourselves to call us by our name, shows how much we get to you. Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:16 am

Do they have goal-line technology in England for big games?

I didn't think you had it, for any games.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/05/david-ospina-save-leads-to-closest-goal-line-technology-decision-ever-during-tottenham-v-arsenal-5735056/
Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:30 am

http://metro.co.uk/2016/03/05/david-ospina-save-leads-to-closest-goal-line-technology-decision-ever-during-tottenham-v-arsenal-5735056/

We've had goal line technology in every Premier league ground since the start of this season and it's already shown it's worth before today, several close decisions in quite a few games have been made using it.

In fact the biggest argument people have had over 'technology' enhancing the decision making in football is that it could slow the game down, making it stop/start - as we saw yesterday, it allowed the game to carry on uninterrupted, no arguing with refs or consulting linesmen - a near instant decision and the game flowed on.

I think UEFA and FIFA are now going to use it in the big tournaments from now on, as they've seen what a success it's been here.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:59 am

It was agreed yesterday in a meeting of FIFA officials and the board who evaluate changes to the laws of football that greater use of video technology to help referees get important decisions right, will be allowed and trialled from next season.

There are quite a few things that need to be decided on it's application in a game and ensuring it doesn't slow the game down but at least we are moving on with it.

Unfortunately, it won't take away referees judgement or interpretations of fouls - so it wouldn't have helped in Arsenal's game yesterday, that's why we and referees need crystal clear guidelines on what should constitute a foul or infringement and what doesn't.

The current thinking on how it might work is that another qualified referee will be watching the game on a monitor and get instant replays of contentious moments in a match, the ref can then ask for assistance via the comms he speaks to his linesmen with.

The usuage is expected to only cover penalty decisions and cases of mistaken identity at first and there is also the possibilty that managers will have a chance to make one call for a review of a refereeing decision, either in the whole game or one each half.

It's been a long time coming, we've had the instant review technology for years but it's taken the fact that now in today's game a wrong decision can cost a club £millions in revenue, makes it deemed worth doing.

I can only speak from Arsenal's point of view but incorrect officials decsions have cost us a minimum of 9 points this season, you can't say how many more would have changed the game's result.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:07 am

Trapper John wrote:

We've had goal line technology in every Premier league ground since the start of this season and it's already shown it's worth before today, several close decisions in quite a few games have been made using it.

In fact the biggest argument people have had over 'technology' enhancing the decision making in football is that it could slow the game down, making it stop/start - as we saw yesterday, it allowed the game to carry on uninterrupted, no arguing with refs or consulting linesmen - a near instant decision and the game flowed on.

I think UEFA and FIFA are now going to use it in the big tournaments from now on, as they've seen what a success it's been here.

I didn't know that, i'm in favour of goal-line technology.

To often goals are given that aren't goals and goals that are goals aren't given.

UEFA are using it in the final of the Champions League and Europa League final and Fifa are using it at the Finals in France.

I hope it catches on. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:12 am

By the way!!

That David Ospina made nine saves yesterday, that's the most by an Arsenal keeper since 2009.

He's not as bad as you made out. :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:23 am

Big Elvis is complaining to FA after the referee at yesterday's Fleetwood v Sheffield United game, blamed the Fleetwood keeper after, he was hit in the face by an object thrown by a fan.

Big Elvis is quite right!!

Blame the person who chucked the object, not the person who was struck by it.
Vicky

Next

Return to The Archive