The Hillsborough Disaster.

Big Threads

Re: The Hillsborough Disaster.

Postby wutang » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:29 pm

Maddog wrote:Sounds like the cop in charge was not qualified to deal with people that act like fools.

The only fools were him and the Police officers on duty that day. Like the report said the lay out of the ground directly led to problems like these happening in the past, and there were measure they could have taken to lessen them - delay the match (they didnt), close the central tunnel and direct fans down the side pens (they didnt), there was also chaos outside the ground due to poor planning by them, and the response by the police (and ambulances) when the tragedy started to unfold was shocking as well.

The fans are innocent, the blame is purely on those in charge.
wutang

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:41 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:Sounds like the cop in charge was not qualified to deal with people that act like fools.

The only fools were him and the Police officers on duty that day. Like the report said the lay out of the ground directly led to problems like these happening in the past, and there were measure they could have taken to lessen them - delay the match (they didnt), close the central tunnel and direct fans down the side pens (they didnt), there was also chaos outside the ground due to poor planning by them, and the response by the police (and ambulances) when the tragedy started to unfold was shocking as well.

The fans are innocent, the blame is purely on those in charge.

I think you are being deliberately obtuse.

The point is, that dumb cops should be able to pull this off because people attending a game should not be a problem. Past history shows they have been a problem. The word soccer hooligan has an origin, with a reason.
Maddog

Postby wutang » Thu Apr 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Maddog wrote:I think you are being deliberately obtuse.

I think you are projecting. Instead of going on heresay and speculation try instead reading up on the evidence of what happened that day, the link I provided earlier has a handy 11 min video full of footage from the stadium along with testimony of the coppers themselves showing that there actions alone caused the deaths. The lies about drunken football hooligans was spread by them precisely to shift blame away from themselves and as early as 1990 (one year later) a report found those lies to be bullshit. yet for 26 years those fucking evil lies have continued to deflect blame away from the unlawfull killing by the police and the sickening coverup involving the media and government.

But as always 'libertarian' maddog blindly follows authority :ooer:

heres the link again with the video

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ed-decades
wutang

Postby Garrett1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:03 pm

Correct.

He's clearly doing an ostrich impression, that's for sure.

Maddog wrote: The word soccer hooligan has an origin, with a reason.

True. I'm getting no sense out of Wutang so I'll stick with my earlier suspicions that certain football "fans" are partially responsible for this disaster and it appears that most football followers just cannot bring themselves to admit this.
Garrett1

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:05 pm

wutang wrote:

I think you are projecting. Instead of going on heresay and speculation try instead reading up on the evidence of what happened that day, the link I provided earlier has a handy 11 min video full of footage from the stadium along with testimony of the coppers themselves showing that there actions alone caused the deaths. The lies about drunken football hooligans was spread by them precisely to shift blame away from themselves and as early as 1990 (one year later) a report found those lies to be bullshit. yet for 26 years those fucking evil lies have continued to deflect blame away from the unlawfull killing by the police and the sickening coverup involving the media and government.

But as always 'libertarian' maddog blindly follows authority :ooer:

heres the link again with the video

http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ed-decades

I'm talking about the "English Disease" in general. I have admitted numerous times that the people in charge of handling the people with this affliction were incompetent. You can't even admit the affliction was prevalent at the time and a reason for police trying to keep peace at a fucking game.

Did the police manage to keep everyone alive at cricket matches?
Maddog

Postby wutang » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:21 pm

Maddog wrote:. You can't even admit the affliction was prevalent at the time and a reason for police trying to keep peace at a fucking game.

because it wasnt about keeping peace, the mistakes made were basic crowd management.... shit like setting up barriers outside the ground to direct people into queues wasnt done. This was about preventing overcrowding and they failed on even basic shit, basic shit that was already known to that force (like closing the tunnel to the central pens and directing people to the side pens, which is what they did in the past but didnt that day. Opening the side gates without any plan on how to direct the extra fans.

It wasnt about hooliganism, that was a lie, it was basic shit crowd management that happens at every sporting event. They fucked up and 96 people died.
Last edited by wutang on Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wutang

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:23 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:. You can't even admit the affliction was prevalent at the time and a reason for police trying to keep peace at a fucking game.

because it wasnt about keeping peace, the mistakes made were basic crowd management.... shit like setting up barriers outside the crowd to direct people into queues wasnt done. This was about preventing overcrowding and they failed on even basic shit, basic shit that was already known to that force (like closing the tunnel to the central pens and directing people to the side pens, which is what they did in the past but didnt that day. Opening the side gates without any plan on how to direct the extra fans.

It wasnt about hooliganism, that was a lie, it was basic shit crowd management that happens at every sporting event. They fucked up and 96 people died.

Gotcha. This was the first soccer match ever played in this stadium then?
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:25 pm

Did the police manage to keep everyone alive at cricket matches?
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:31 pm

People smiled at us and welcomed us to the campus. They thanked us for “letting them into our conference”. They wished us luck before the game, and after a Gator win they congratulated us with sincerity. Members of the famed Aggie Corps of Cadets posed for photos with enemy Gator combatants. People offered directions when we appeared lost, waited so we could go before them at every queue, and let us know that they were glad we had come to the game.

It was a remarkable experience, and as the day wore on I realized that I was witnessing perhaps the most pervasive positive culture I had ever seen. Sure, to a person they were passionate about the Aggies. But at their core, they were just as passionate about being polite hosts and friendly neighbors. They were welcoming us to their home, and it was important to them that we had a great experience.

Understand, I’m not talking just about elderly and statesmanlike alumni. I’m talking about students, and parking lot attendants and concessionaires and ushers and every single person who’d paid god-knows how much for the chance to see their beloved Aggies win their first game in America’s premier football conference.

That kind of culture doesn’t just happen. It’s built, and it’s nourished. It’s taught and it’s passed on. Ultimately it becomes part of the fabric that makes up what and who you are. And the Aggies have it. In spades.

https://tabmetrodallas.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/74/

Why crowd control is easy here.
Maddog

Postby wutang » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:32 pm

Maddog wrote:Did the police manage to keep everyone alive at cricket matches?

hardly anyone goes to cricket matches in this country.... this was 54,000 people at one stadium. 10,000 being directed into a small area prone to bottlenecking.

And you accuse me of being obtuse. Re-read what has already been posted about how the police commanders that day were so hopelessly incompetent. The guy who usually commanded these matches, the competent one, had been replaced by a twat who failed on every basic level.
wutang

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:33 pm

wutang wrote:
Maddog wrote:Did the police manage to keep everyone alive at cricket matches?

hardly anyone goes to cricket matches in this country.... this was 54,000 people at one stadium. 10,000 being directed into a small area prone to bottlenecking.

And you accuse me of being obtuse. Re-read what has already been posted about how the police commanders that day were so hopelessly incompetent. The guy who usually commanded these matches, the competent one, had been replaced by a twat who failed on every basic level.

54,000?

So like a High School football game in Texas? :smilin:
Maddog

Postby wutang » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Maddog wrote:54,000?

Do you have terraces at these games?
wutang

Postby Maddog » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:43 pm

wutang wrote:

The bigger ones have more than one level. Plus we play them in college stadiums and sometimes Cowboy stadium.

We don't have pens, except for livestock.

Plus we open the gates a few hours before game time. There is no rush to see kickoff as you have been in the stadium awhile.

Of course we don't have "firms" who think it's clever to fight before a game either.
Maddog

Postby guest » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:12 pm

Maddog wrote:
wutang wrote:

The bigger ones have more than one level. Plus we play them in college stadiums and sometimes Cowboy stadium.

We don't have pens, except for livestock.

Plus we open the gates a few hours before game time. There is no rush to see kickoff as you have been in the stadium awhile.

Of course we don't have "firms" who think it's clever to fight before a game either.

Basketball games don't apply it seems.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/12/30/nyreg ... wanted=all

Postby Stooo » Thu Apr 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Victoria wrote:
Stooo wrote:
Victoria wrote:I wonder if the families, will sue the police?

An inquest ruled Rangers were at fault for the Ibrox Disaster and most of the families sued them.

The Scousers are after compo? :yikes:

I think they're going to sue the police, Stooo.

Hold on, we pay for the Police.
Stooo
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive