France Euro 2016.

Big Threads

Re: France Euro 2016.

Postby Text » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:23 am

Portugal were superb even without Ronaldo. I really admired their composure, discipline and resolve. Their manager and their captain Ronaldo were brilliantly inspirational.

Would have been nice for France to win it, as hosts , plus they have had political violence in the past year or so. Sadly only one team can win and they were outclassed, tbf. I felt that the French defenders were very good. But the team had no cutting edge upfront.

Wales know now that they have nowt to be upset or disappointed about cos if they had reached the finals, NO WAY would they have beat this Portugal team. I think this Eurotournaent will go down as the one where minnows and underdogs shone. Iceland, Wales, .... and winners Portugal, who had only finished 3rd in their group and never even won this tournament before. And the solitary goal came from a very unlikely source, powerful screamer (is that the right word?) from a guy built like a b/s/h. Apparently he plays in the French domestic league. Tin hat, time for him!!
Well done Portugal, i envy their joy.
Text

Postby Vicky » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:09 am

So Portugal are the champions of Europe!!

Congratulations to Fernando Santos and his lads!!

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Jul 11, 2016 6:09 am

It was nice to see Sir Alex Ferguson congratulate Cristiano Ronaldo at the end of the game.

Vicky

Postby Lady Murasaki » Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:36 am

Lost interest at half time and watched The Revenant instead.
Congrats to Portugal.
Lady Murasaki

Postby Vam » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:20 am

To me, Ronaldo's demeanour throughout the tournament seemed to be a case of "I'm too good for this team/competition" :snooty:

Having now seen his genuine emotion when he was stretchered off, and after his team lifted the trophy, I can see how wrong I was.
Vam

Postby Vicky » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:39 am

Vam wrote:To me, Ronaldo's demeanour throughout the tournament seemed to be a case of "I'm too good for this team/competition" :snooty:

Having now seen his genuine emotion when he was stretchered off, and after his team lifted the trophy, I can see how wrong I was.

I always thought Ronaldo was arrogant, but i changed my opinion of him after the Ballon d'Or awards.

He was really nice to Rangers former captain Fernando Ricksen who has Motor Neurone Disease and invited Ricks over to Spain to watch Real Madrid as his personal guest.
Vicky

Postby Vam NLI » Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:52 am

Victoria wrote:
Vam wrote:To me, Ronaldo's demeanour throughout the tournament seemed to be a case of "I'm too good for this team/competition" :snooty:

I always thought Ronaldo was arrogant, but i changed my opinion of him after the Ballon d'Or awards.

He was really nice to Rangers former captain Fernando Ricksen who has Motor Neurone Disease and invited Ricks over to Spain to watch Real Madrid as his personal guest.

So we agree, then. He's a good guy after all :thumbsup:

No doubt, my agreeing with you will dredge up more posts about me "kissing butt". No offence, Vics, but your butt doesn't quite do it for me! :ooer: :mrgreen:
Vam NLI

Postby Vicky » Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:52 am

Vam NLI wrote:
Victoria wrote:

So we agree, then. He's a good guy after all :thumbsup:

No doubt, my agreeing with you will dredge up more posts about me "kissing butt". No offence, Vics, but your butt doesn't quite do it for me! :ooer: :mrgreen:

No worries Vam, you kissing ma bahookie doesn't do it for me either. :laughing:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:22 am

West Ham Chairman David Gold has said Sam Allardyce would make a great England manager.

Didn't West Ham sack Big Sam? Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:31 pm

The England top Sir Geoff Hurst wore in the 1966 World Cup Final has failed to sell at action.

The top had a reserve price of £500,000, but Sotheby's said the bidding failed to meet the reserve price despite a great deal of interest.

Geoff Hurst scored a hat-trick in the final against West Germany, well lets be honest the 3rd goal never crossed the line.

West Germany were robbed.

Vicky

Postby Robocop » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Victoria wrote:Image

West Ham Chairman David Gold has said Sam Allardyce would make a great England manager.

Fa.. oops I mean 'Big' Sam should be nowhere near the England team. Might as well get Tony Pulis on board with him to make a hit and hope, long ball dream team whilst they're at it. :bawlin:
Robocop

Postby Vicky » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:Image

Fat Sa, oops I mean Big Sam should be nowhere near the england team. Might as well get Tony Pulis and Mark Hughes on board with him to make a hit and hope, long ball dream team whilst they're at it. :bawlin:

I don't understand what the FA are playing at, i mean Sam Allardyce!!

From a Scottish point of view and with England in our World Cup qualifying group, it's amusing.

From an England point of view, it's not an appointment that would fill you with much confidence.

Vicky

Postby Robocop » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:01 pm

Victoria wrote:I don't understand what the FA are playing at, i mean Sam Allardyce!!

From a Scottish point of view and with England in our World Cup qualifying group, it's amusing.

From an England point of view, it's not an appointment that would fill you with much confidence.

Yeah it's a weird one that's for sure Vics, and definitely not a step forward in the right direction. If we appoint Big Sam, we might as well give up now. It doesn't just not fill me with much confidence, it fills me with dread!

I'd even give it to Harry Redknapp- he of the 'just faaakin' run around a bit' team tactics (yes he really did say this to a Spurs player once!) or failing him, I'd take a punt on Wenger.

Just not Large Sam.
Robocop

Postby Vicky » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:12 pm

Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:I don't understand what the FA are playing at, i mean Sam Allardyce!!

Yeah it's a weird one that's for sure Vics, and definitely not a step forward in the right direction. If we appoint Big Sam, we might as well give up now. It doesn't just not fill me with much confidence, it fills me with dread!

I'd even give it to Harry Redknapp- he of the 'just faaakin' run around a bit' team tactics (yes he really did say this to a Spurs player once!) or failing him, I'd take a punt on Wenger.

Just not Large Sam.

I know England didn't play very well at France, but you have a lot of promising young players and with the right man in charge you would do well.

I don't have much time for Gordon Strachan, I blame his team selection for us not qualifying for France.

Pains me as it does to say this, but Leigh Griffiths of Celtic is the best striker Scotland have.

However Strachan never started him.

Preferring to pick a couple of players in England, who couldn't even get a game with their clubs.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:26 pm

Talking of goals that should never have been given..

Six of Celtic's goals in the 1957 League Cup Final were off-side, the referee was clearly cheating.

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive