France Euro 2016.

Big Threads

Re: France Euro 2016.

Postby Keyser » Tue Jul 12, 2016 7:04 pm

Why not dig up Brian Clough?

True he has been dead for 12 years but zombies are trendy atm and he could still do a far better job than all of these jokers the FA are considering.
Keyser

Postby Frank39 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 11:11 pm

Victoria wrote:Talking of goals that should never have been given..

On the not unreasonable assumption that you are referring to Sir Geoff Hurst's goal in the 1966 World Cup Final, the Azerbaijani linesman, Tofiq Bahramov, (often referred to as the Russian linesman), said it crossed the line, and that's good enough for me.
However, on his deathbed, when asked why he'd given it, he is alleged to have replied "Stalingrad."
It was widely assumed that he meant the 1942 battle, where the Soviets beat Germany, and that he 'gave' the goal because he still hated Germany for WW2.
Talking of Sam Allardyce, and the England job, it is not a good idea in my opinion.
If England win a couple of games, he'll be hailed as a misunderstood Messiah, if they lose, it will be, "The wanker, he never was any good."
Now I have to confess to some impure thoughts.
All this talk about bahookies, (which my Scottish great niece assures me is slang for buttocks), and ass kissing, led me to drift off in an armchair, and dream of raining kisses alternately on Vam's rear, and Victoria's bahookie.
I awoke in a cold sweat, recalling my dastardly diabolical reverie, and took a cold shower, begging through chattering teeth for the good Lord to forgive me, for I hadn't been THAT bad throughout my life.
I am now contemplating switching to Catholicism, and spending hours in the confessional, in the hope of maybe getting a hundred Hail Mary's to erase my sins.
Frank39

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:31 am

Frank39 wrote:
Victoria wrote:Talking of goals that should never have been given..

On the not unreasonable assumption that you are referring to Sir Geoff Hurst's goal in the 1966 World Cup Final, the Azerbaijani linesman, Tofiq Bahramov, (often referred to as the Russian linesman), said it crossed the line, and that's good enough for me.
However, on his deathbed, when asked why he'd given it, he is alleged to have replied "Stalingrad."
It was widely assumed that he meant the 1942 battle, where the Soviets beat Germany, and that he 'gave' the goal because he still hated Germany for WW2.
Talking of Sam Allardyce, and the England job, it is not a good idea in my opinion.
If England win a couple of games, he'll be hailed as a misunderstood Messiah, if they lose, it will be, "The wanker, he never was any good."
All this talk about bahookies, (which my Scottish great niece assures me is slang for buttocks), and ass kissing, led me to drift off in an armchair, and dream of raining kisses alternately on Vam's rear, and Victoria's bahookie.
I awoke in a cold sweat, recalling my dastardly diabolical reverie, and took a cold shower, begging through chattering teeth for the good Lord to forgive me, for I hadn't been THAT bad throughout my life.
I am now contemplating switching to Catholicism, and spending hours in the confessional, in the hope of maybe getting a hundred Hail Mary's to erase my sins.

I've never seen any of the goals in the 1966 World Cup Frank, i was just seeing if anyone would bite.

Along with the European Cup Final in 1967, it's on my list of games i'll never watch. Image
Vicky

Postby Frank39 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 8:39 am

Victoria wrote:
Frank39 wrote:

I've never seen any of the goals in the 1966 World Cup Frank, i was just seeing if anyone would bite.

Along with the European Cup Final in 1967, it's on my list of games i'll never watch. Image

I didn't even know WHO contested the 1967 European Cup Final, I had to google it.
Fair enough, I can understand your not wanting to see your bête noire, Celtic, in action, particularly as they won that game, but the 1966 World Cup Final shouldn't really bother you, no matter how much you don't like England, as you so often remind us.
It's worth watching, even if just to see how much TV has technically advanced since then.
Very little close-ups then, and replays took almost a minute, rather than milliseconds, it was also not easy to define who was who in goal mouth scrambles, players had numbers only on their shirts, no names.
The disputed Hurst goal you could watch over and over, and it would be in, no out, no in, wait, no not in, mmm, I think it WAS in, you could argue until the cows come home.
Frank39

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:38 am

Sam Allardyce has been interviewed for the England job.

Big Sam flew back from Sunderland's pre-season training camp in Austria and met with FA vice-chairman David Gill, technical director Dan Ashworth and chief executive Marin Glenn.

It looks like the FA have picked the man, they want to replace Roy Hodgson.

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:58 pm

Allardyce, Bruce, Wenger, Waddle, Hoddle, Klinsman-Who would you choose?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36781992

Ron Manager

The famous Paul Whitehouse character-jumpers for goalposts...you want someone to make a bad situation even worse. Someone who knows little about modern football and cares even less. You want Ron. Never heard of him-head to a popular search engine.

Vicky

Postby Keyser » Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:53 pm

Keyser

Postby Vicky » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:41 am

Indonesian goalkeeper Eman Sulaeman has been impressing everyone at the Homeless World Cup with his impressive saves.

What makes Eman's performances even more remarkable, is he was born with no feet.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/indonesian-goalie-born-no-feet-8416726

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Sun Jul 17, 2016 5:15 am

Mexico won the Homeless World Cup yesterday!!

Congratulations lads.

Vicky

Previous

Return to The Archive