Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part 3.

Postby Robocop » Mon May 16, 2016 10:02 am

Sunny wrote:Aww lovely bear! :wubwub:

Robocop, I've heard several times since last night that we blew it, but you know what? ...Chelsea won the premier league last year and finished mid table this year, they blew it, the massive club Man UTD won't be playing in the Champions league, they blew it, Shitty has a multi million pound team and still finished below us, they blew it, and with those teams doing shit it was Arsenals best chance of winning the league for a long time, (you know with their brilliant team and manager) and they were top of the league, they blew it.
I'm not saying we didn't blow it a little bit, I'm not deluded, but don't forget that the 'Top Four Clubs' all blew it more than us!

A few additions to the squad and some experience, for the young players and young manager, and I think we will be okay. :thumbsup:
The future is bright, the future is Lily white. COYS!!!! :wubwub:

Haha. nothing like a wave from a bear on a Monday morning to start the week off well!

I totally hear you. I was pretty appalled at the game yesterday, but soon got a bit of perspective and realised just how much progress we have made. For us as Spurs fans to be disappointed to finish 3rd and automatically qualify for the Champtions league, whilst finishing above the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd is a fine start for our team. I agree- the supposed 'top 4' blew it far more. We have loads of positives to take-

-Dele Ali and Alderwireld had their first full season for us and will get better. Both have been exceptional and in Ali, we have the potential to have one of the best midfielders in the country playing for us.
-Dembele finally proved what I've been trying to tell some Spurs, mates for the last season or 2
-Lloris has been a rock at the back
-Kane proved his doubters wrong- that's he's so much more than a one season wonder
-Eriksen- up there with the best free kick takers in the league, and is an assist machine too
-Lamela went some way to justify his price tag

I could go on and on, as there are so many more positives to take forward, but I for one cannot wait to see what Poch can do in the years coming up!

COYS!!! :canny:
Last edited by Robocop on Mon May 16, 2016 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Robocop

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 10:02 am

Joey Barton could turn out like Terry Hurlock!!

He was another player from England, that quickly made an impression.

Vicky

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 10:05 am

Sunny wrote:

Robocop, I've heard several times since last night that we blew it, but you know what? ...Chelsea won the premier league last year and finished mid table this year, they blew it, the massive club Man UTD won't be playing in the Champions league, they blew it, Shitty has a multi million pound team and still finished below us, they blew it, and with those teams doing shit it was Arsenals best chance of winning the league for a long time, (you know with their brilliant team and manager) and they were top of the league, they blew it.
I'm not saying we didn't blow it a little bit, I'm not deluded, but don't forget that the 'Top Four Clubs' all blew it more than us!

A few additions to the squad and some experience, for the young players and young manager, and I think we will be okay. :thumbsup:

City and United have been blowing it for several seasons, Chelsea this season have been abysmal.

City will have champions league next season but the other two will have no such distractions - forget the Europa league for United - they will dump that as soon as is conveniently possible.

So next season is going to be very tough for everyone ...... as Alan Hanson famously said "you don't win anything with kids" :smilin:

In all seriousness, Spurs have some bright young players, at the moment they are still buoyed up with what might have been and the best finish they've had for decades.

Mark my words though - fail to improve on that next season, dip back down to 5th or 6th and players are going to be 'looking around' - looking to improve their chances of medals and trophies.

United managed to keep their 'class of 92' together only because the club was leaps and bounds bigger than anyone else and they won things, that's the only way you can guarantee keeping a 'team' together.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Location: Champions league next season - prediction date: 10/5/2018

Postby Sunny » Mon May 16, 2016 10:10 am

Robocop wrote:
Sunny wrote:Aww lovely bear! :wubwub:

Haha. nothing like a wave from a bear on a Monday morning to start the week off well!

I totally hear you. I was pretty appalled at the game yesterday, but soon got a bit of perspective and realised just how much progress we have made. For us as Spurs fans to be disappointed to finish 3rd and automatically qualify for the Champtions league, whilst finishing above the likes of Man City, Chelsea, Man Utd is a fine start for our team. I agree- the supposed 'top 4' blew it far more. We have loads of positives to take-

-Dele Ali and Alderwireld had their first full season for us and will get better. Both have been exceptional and in Ali, we have the potential to have one of the best midfielders in the country playing for us.
-Dembele finally proved what I've been trying to tell some Spurs, mates for the last season or 2
-Lloris has been a rock at the back
-Kane proved his doubters wrong- that's he's so much more than a one season wonder
-Eriksen- up there with the best free kick takers in the league, and is an assist machine too
-Lamela went some way to justify his price tag

I could go on and on, as there are so many more positives to take forward, but I for one cannot wait to see what Poch can do in the years coming up!

COYS!!! :canny:

Exactly!!! and now with being in the CL, all top players will want to come to spurs! :thumbsup:
Its gonna be between us, city and maybe chavski next season for the title , arsenal wll have to battle it out with the likes of Man Utd, Liverpool , and West Ham to secure finishing 4th! :thumbsup:
Sunny

Location: White Hart Lane.. Champions league winners. 2018/2019

Postby Sunny » Mon May 16, 2016 10:13 am

Trapper John wrote:
Sunny wrote:

City and United have been blowing it for several seasons, Chelsea this season have been abysmal.

City will have champions league next season but the other two will have no such distractions - forget the Europa league for United - they will dump that as soon as is conveniently possible.

So next season is going to be very tough for everyone ...... as Alan Hanson famously said "you don't win anything with kids" :smilin:

In all seriousness, Spurs have some bright young players, at the moment they are still buoyed up with what might have been and the best finish they've had for decades.

Mark my words though - fail to improve on that next season, dip back down to 5th or 6th and players are going to be 'looking around' - looking to improve their chances of medals and trophies.

United managed to keep their 'class of 92' together only because the club was leaps and bounds bigger than anyone else and they won things, that's the only way you can guarantee keeping a 'team' together.

As I said above to Robocop. next season the title is between us, city and chavski, am sorry to say (well not really sorry to say) :gigglesnshit: but your team will be battling it out with the likes of Man United , Liverpool and West Ham to finish 4th. :thumbsup:
Sunny

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 10:14 am

Victoria wrote:Trapper John away an lie doon, Arsenal win the Champions League?

If a decision was made to just concentrate on that next season, we could quite easily do it.

Unfortunately, unlike the Europeans we have so much more to play for, concentrating on the champions league only isn't an option for Premier League clubs - we still have three more massively competitive trophies to go for every season.

The league title being the biggest, we don't have the luxury of concentrating on a glossy European competition with teams who have little else to play for.
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 10:19 am

I used to believe that Spurs fans were delusional but at least knew their place - some of the comments I've read this morning show they are just delusional.

A second top 4 finish in the 25 year Premier League history and they think they've made it. :roll:
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Sunny » Mon May 16, 2016 10:21 am

Trapper John wrote:I used to believe that Spurs fans were delusional but at least knew their place - some of the comments I've read this morning show they are just delusional.

A second top 4 finish in the 25 year Premier League history and they think they've made it. :roll:

Says the man who thinks his team will win the CL!!! :pmsl:

COMEDY GOLD!!!! I give you that! :pmsl: :pmsl: :pmsl:
Sunny

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 10:21 am

Trapper John wrote:
Victoria wrote:Trapper John away an lie doon, Arsenal win the Champions League?

If a decision was made to just concentrate on that next season, we could quite easily do it.

Unfortunately, unlike the Europeans we have so much more to play for, concentrating on the champions league only isn't an option for Premier League clubs - we still have three more massively competitive trophies to go for every season.

The league title being the biggest, we don't have the luxury of concentrating on a glossy European competition with teams who have little else to play for.

It must be wonderful supporting a team in the EPL, how do you cope?

I'm glad, i'm Scottish!!

The excitement would kill me, supporting one of your team's

Respect TJ!! :thumbsup:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon May 16, 2016 10:24 am

I might visit the Emirates, just to sample the atmosphere. :wubbers:
Vicky

Postby Kat » Mon May 16, 2016 10:26 am

Well done tj sorry for you miss sunny too .tbh I said in this thread its been a funny old season.not so funny for us man u but you cannot take anything for granted nailed on means nothing its not over till last game .I've loved the banter in this thread can't wait till next season :canny:
Kat

Postby Trapper John » Mon May 16, 2016 10:26 am

Ooo ah :yikes: I said in the other thread, someone is for the chopping block.

Greater Manchester mayor Tony Lloyd has called for a full inquiry into Sunday's "fiasco" at Old Trafford and insists someone will be held accountable.

Greater Manchester Police have confirmed that a device described as a "life-like" bomb was accidentally left by a private company at the stadium following a training exercise involving explosive sniffer dogs held last Wednesday.

And Lloyd, who is also the county's police crime commissioner, said: "It is outrageous this situation arose, a full inquiry is required to urgently find out how this happened, why it happened and who will be held accountable."
Trapper John
Gunner.

Postby Robocop » Mon May 16, 2016 10:29 am

Victoria wrote:
Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Robocop wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Indeed we did Robs and at the weekened we'll add the Scottish Cup to it. :thumbsup:

Nice! Now that would be something to truly celebrate- a lovely double to get you ready for your assault on the top tier title for next season. It must be genuinely exciting times to be a Rangers fan- to have the adversity you lot have faced, and to fight your way all the way back to the top. The clubs that down-voted you will no doubt get theirs soon enough.

Joey Barton's an interesting one- sure he's been a total arse over the years, but he's a talented player, someone who clearly has passion, and could do very well for your lot. The Celtic tweet is at least a start in the right direction from him! :shoot:

If we win the Scottish Cup, we'll be treble winners Robs. :snooty:

Rangers need someone like Joey Barton next season, our squad Is young and life in the SPL will be a lot tougher than the Championship.

Joey would be perfect. :yess:

Oops. sorry, I meant to say treble not double! Whoopsie! I'm losing track of your trophies haha.

I could see Barton becoming a real warrior and leader for your lot. You know he'll take no shit, even when he no doubt gets targetd (and he will get targeted) and his combative 'take no prisoners' style could be perfect for a young squad. He's a better player than many realise too.

Good luck with the treble, hope your boys do it! :thumbsup:

It was only the Challenge Cup Robs, but still a trophy's a trophy.

Joey Barton will be good in games against Celtic, we need a strong presence in midfield, we have Andy Halliday, but he doesn't have the experience of Barton.

We'll get bossed about there, unless we bring someone like Barton in. Image

I agree a trophy is indeed a trophy and how could I forget the Potato cup! Ha, that one did raise a smile when TJ called it that I have to admit, but then I used to laugh at the Worthington Cup in England too when it was called the Worthless Cup. I guess I am easily amused. :oops:

You're a credit to your team Vicky- unwavering support and passionate and proud of their achievements, and never seem to whine and moan about your team or your players. Fair play to you I say!

I reckon Rangers might juts grow to love Barton, especially when he kicks the Celtic players who target him back. :mrgreen:
Robocop

Postby Kat » Mon May 16, 2016 10:29 am

Trapper John wrote:Ooo ah :yikes: I said in the other thread, someone is for the chopping block.

Greater Manchester mayor Tony Lloyd has called for a full inquiry into Sunday's "fiasco" at Old Trafford and insists someone will be held accountable.

Greater Manchester Police have confirmed that a device described as a "life-like" bomb was accidentally left by a private company at the stadium following a training exercise involving explosive sniffer dogs held last Wednesday.

And Lloyd, who is also the county's police crime commissioner, said: "It is outrageous this situation arose, a full inquiry is required to urgently find out how this happened, why it happened and who will be held accountable."
[/quote omg first thought when I saw fans leaving was a sack lvg protest . :gigglesnshit: jokes aside yes someone has to hold their hands up .dead wood maybe ???
Kat

Postby Sunny » Mon May 16, 2016 10:34 am

Kat wrote:Well done tj sorry for you miss sunny too .tbh I said in this thread its been a funny old season.not so funny for us man u but you cannot take anything for granted nailed on means nothing its not over till last game .I've loved the banter in this thread can't wait till next season :canny:

Its all good Kat we finished top 3, so am fine, and pity about your lot having city take CL away you were so close. But new season coming and am sure u will do better, hopefully for you finish top 4 and kick arsenal out. :thumbsup:
Sunny

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive