Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Big Threads

Re: Dog's Football Thread Part 4.

Postby VelvetCat » Sat Sep 24, 2016 5:48 pm

I'm happy with a point and another goal by Rondon, well done him!

Well done Spurs, good win against 'Boro.

Currently watching and enjoying the Villa Newcastle match, Newcastle are leading 0 - 1!

:header: :header: :header:
VelvetCat

Location: The Hawthorns, loaned to the Championship for another season!

Postby VelvetCat » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:08 pm

Currently watching Aberdeen vs Rangers, how there is still 11 Aberdeen players on the pitch is beyond me! And as I type this, they score.

There is a West Brom connection at Aberdeen, Derek McKinnes their manager used to play for us when we were first promoted to the Premier League. He was sent off during our very first match which was against Man Utd!

:header: :header:
VelvetCat

Postby Vicky » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:16 am

VelvetCat wrote:Currently watching Aberdeen vs Rangers, how there is still 11 Aberdeen players on the pitch is beyond me! And as I type this, they score.

There is a West Brom connection at Aberdeen, Derek McKinnes their manager used to play for us when we were first promoted to the Premier League. He was sent off during our very first match which was against Man Utd!

:header: :header:

Morning Cat. Image

Aberdeen have always been a very dirty team.

I'm very disappointed, we didn't get something from yesterday's game.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:16 am

The Rangers team bus was vandalised, outside their hotel in Aberdeen yesterday morning.

I hope the police catch the sick bastards responsible.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/twisted-aberdeen-fans-vandalise-rangers-8910663

:hand:
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:46 am

The sister of the only woman who died in the Ibrox Disaster has spoken of her disgust after the Rangers team bus was vandalised.

Mary Gibb's 18 year old sister Margaret was killed in the 1971 tragedy, along with 65 other Rangers supporters.

Mrs Gibb said "My sister and the other victims are dead and gone" "It's a disgrace they have dragged the victims into their silly rivalry"

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/7239958/-Family-of-Ibrox-disaster-victim-blast-yobs-who-graffitied-the-Rangers-team-bus.html

I hope the Police catch those responsible and name and shame them.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:46 am

The FA are investigating allegations England Manager Sam Allardyce used his role to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offer advice on how to "Get around" rules on player transfers.

During a meeting with businessmen who were actually undercover reporters, it is alleged Allardyce said it was "Not a problem" to bypass the rules and he knew of agents, who were doing it all the time.

It looks as though Big Sam's stint as England Manager, could be very short lived.

Maybe they'll bring Roy back?

He might have been hopeless, but at least he wasn't crooked.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37479135

Vicky

Postby Vicky » Tue Sep 27, 2016 5:47 am

Talking of England..

Only 46 days to go!! Image

Vicky

Postby Kat » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:27 pm

Hi everyone :Hiya: don't post much of late .but hello to new posters in this thread .where's Mr tj and miss sunny ??ll
Kat

Postby Stooo » Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:34 pm

Victoria wrote:The FA are investigating allegations England Manager Sam Allardyce used his role to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offer advice on how to "Get around" rules on player transfers.

During a meeting with businessmen who were actually undercover reporters, it is alleged Allardyce said it was "Not a problem" to bypass the rules and he knew of agents, who were doing it all the time.

It looks as though Big Sam's stint as England Manager, could be very short lived.

Sacked, Southgate's filling in for a bit :header:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:41 am

Stooo wrote:
Victoria wrote:The FA are investigating allegations England Manager Sam Allardyce used his role to negotiate a £400,000 deal and offer advice on how to "Get around" rules on player transfers.

Sacked, Southgate's filling in for a bit :header:

Morning Stooo. Image

I hope Southgate''s passing on his penalty taking skills. Image
Vicky

Sam-Allardyce-Funny-1024x576.jpg

Alan Shearer has said England are the laughing stock of world football.

Well you've been that since Euro 2016 Al, did you just wake up or something?

Anyway as a Scot, i find the situation most amusing.

Especially as England are in our Group for the World Cup Qualifiers.

Vicky

Kat wrote:Hi everyone :Hiya: don't post much of late .but hello to new posters in this thread .where's Mr tj and miss sunny ??ll

Hi Kat. Image
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:42 am

Champions League action tonight and we have a "Battle Of Britain"

Glasgow Celtic v Manchester City.

I'm looking forward to the game and i'm sure Pep and his lads, won't let me down and they'll put several goals past the Parkhead scumbags.

COME ON CITY!!

Vicky

Postby VelvetCat » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:31 pm

My take on the Allardyce situation is that regardless of the sting, he really shouldn't be making comments about the ex England manager, this especially annoyed me as I really like Roy Hodgson, he was an excellent manager for us, and had England not come calling, well who knows... Possibly Europa League football would've been on the cards. We were certainly heading that way.

He also should've just had more sense than to discuss what he did, it was extremely indiscrete to do so, especially on the brink of being appointed England manager, his "dream job".

I admit, I did not want him to become England manager, I dislike the man a lot, but he has paid a high price for his indiscretion.

Good luck to Gareth South gate, at least he has won a trophy with England, the U21's admittedly!

INO, my favourite player Chris Brunt played and scored on Monday from his favourite type of free kick, so I hope to see him in the team or on the bench soon.

Hi Kat, nice to see a Man Utd supporter. How do you think "The Special One" is doing?

Hope RoboCop is ok, not seen him here or in his other place for a while.

The graffiti of Rangers team bus is disgusting, attitudes like that have no place in football, if by some awful chance something tragic like that had happened to Villa, I wouldn't sing songs about it just because I dislike Villa.

:header: :header: :header:
VelvetCat

Postby Vicky » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:40 pm

Gordon Strachan has announced the Scotland squad for our games next month, against Lithuania and Slovakia.

I'm pleased to report Rangers Captain Lee Wallace and Barrie McKay are in the squad.

A couple of Cat's lads are in the squad as well.

Overall it's a good selection, BUT, there is one problem..

Do not let Craig Gordon anywhere near our goals, David Marshall is the man for the job!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37493139

Vicky

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive