Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Big Threads

Re: Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Postby Keyser » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:24 pm

Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:
If you were a vegan, it would make more sense. Right now the UK kills 75 million animals a year for people to eat. Veterinarians work to keep those animals alive and healthy so that they can be killed and eaten later. Hunting is no more or less ethical. As long as you don't threaten the existence of a species.

That is you in a nutshell MD! :trollface:

Well yeah, that's why I usually eat cows. What do you eat, Bald Eagles?

Javan rhino steaks. :snooty:
Keyser

Postby Maddog » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:25 pm

Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:
Keyser wrote:
Maddog wrote:
If you were a vegan, it would make more sense. Right now the UK kills 75 million animals a year for people to eat. Veterinarians work to keep those animals alive and healthy so that they can be killed and eaten later. Hunting is no more or less ethical. As long as you don't threaten the existence of a species.

That is you in a nutshell MD! :trollface:

Well yeah, that's why I usually eat cows. What do you eat, Bald Eagles?

Javan rhino steaks. :snooty:

Those sound kinda tough.
Maddog

Postby Keyser » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:37 pm

Maddog wrote:
Those sound kinda tough.

Not if you marinate them in Kakapo blood first. :cuppaT:
Keyser

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:04 am

Maddog wrote:
I don't know. But I do know animal rights nuts like to use photos and videos to emotionally manipulate people. Remember the polar patting the dog he was about to eat?

Yes i remember that Madders.

I was going to tell everyone i'd shown the picture to the truth, but i haven't go round to it yet.

Anyway what they don't know, won't do them any harm.
Vicky

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:04 am

Maddog wrote:

I suppose that makes sense Madders, but is it really necessary to pose with the animals after they've been shot?
Vicky

Postby Holly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:42 am

Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:

I suppose that makes sense Madders, but is it really necessary to pose with the animals after they've been shot?

Yes, that's what bothers me the most... I don't really mind the hunting so much ( for the right reason ) although I wouldn't ever do it myself...I resent the posing and the stupid grins on the posers faces, the sheer delight at the death they just caused. What talent does one have to posses, or what great achievement is it, to go after an animal with a rifle, other than trying not to miss?

I resent people who kill just for sport...food yes, sport and fun NO!
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Vicky » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:54 am

Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Yes, that's what bothers me the most... I don't really mind the hunting so much ( for the right reason ) although I wouldn't ever do it myself...I resent the posing and the stupid grins on the posers faces, the sheer delight at the death they just caused. What talent does one have to posses, or what great achievement is it, to go after an animal with a rifle, other than trying not to miss?

Very little talent is needed to shot dead animals on these hunting trips Holls, all you need is a fat wallet.

Look at these two.

That lion would have been drugged out his head and presented to that fat slob to kill.

He couldn't swat a fly without getting out of breath, never mind hunt and kill a lion.
Vicky

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:49 pm

They are considered trophies, like a big fish. People have taken photos of things they have done for as long as there have been cameras.

Why do people take a pictures of anything?
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:53 pm

Victoria wrote:
Holly wrote:
Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Very little talent is needed to shot dead animals on these hunting trips Holls, all you need is a fat wallet.

Look at these two.

That lion would have been drugged out his head and presented to that fat slob to kill.

He couldn't swat a fly without getting out of breath, never mind hunt and kill a lion.

The Italian vet you posted about died while hunting. I'm not going to pretend it's really all that dangerous (except for heart attacks), but the typical hunter doesn't have the money for trophy hunts.
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:57 pm

To this kid, this is a trophy. For many people that feeling never gets old.

Maybe his parents should have told him not to smile?
Attachments
20161216_085454.png
Maddog

Postby Holly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:57 pm

Maddog wrote:They are considered trophies, like a big fish. People have taken photos of things they have done for as long as there have been cameras.

Because dead animals are depressing, anything dead is depressing, especially when they're mammals like us...and yes, why do people feel the urge to take pics of death? Just weird and a bit depraved.
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Keyser » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:08 pm

Holly wrote:
Maddog wrote:They are considered trophies, like a big fish. People have taken photos of things they have done for as long as there have been cameras.

Because dead animals are depressing, anything dead is depressing, especially when they're mammals like us...and yes, why do people feel the urge to take pics of death? Just weird and a bit depraved.

I don't understand that either. :shake head:
Keyser

Postby Stooo » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:12 pm

The vet is dead. He fell 100 feet while hunting in Italy.

Sorry no link as I'm on my phone.
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby Holly » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:14 pm

Stooo wrote:The vet is dead. He fell 100 feet while hunting in Italy.

Sorry no link as I'm on my phone.

A photo will do :ooer:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby Maddog » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:31 pm

Holly wrote:

Dead animals are not depressing to a hunter, or they wouldn't hunt. A dead animal is the culmination of a hunt.

Does a well cooked steak depress you?
Maddog

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive