Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Big Threads

Re: Cecil The Lion Part Two.

Postby Keyser » Sun May 29, 2016 9:30 am

Holly wrote:Well as I said, I do feel a greater connection with mammals. Having said that, I wouldn't want to see a fish tortured either...sometimes fisherman pose with fish far too long before they chuck them back into the water, which would have to be rather distressing for the fish.

That is totally natural Hol as we are mammals ourselves.

I always try not to harm any living thing. :thumbsup:
Keyser

Postby luddite » Sun May 29, 2016 11:46 am

Holly wrote:Well as I said, I do feel a greater connection with mammals. Having said that, I wouldn't want to see a fish tortured either...sometimes fisherman pose with fish far too long before they chuck them back into the water, which would have to be rather distressing for the fish.

Fish are living creatures and they shouldn't be used for entertainment by braggarts and dragged out of their natural environment gasping for life with a steel hook through their mouths. :grrrrr:

Studies prove bugger all, the only way to tell if it caused pain and suffering is to be a fish.

If they were cute and cuddly there'd be an outcry and someone would be starting threads about keeping their memory alive. :rofl:
luddite

Postby Holly » Sun May 29, 2016 11:52 am

luddite wrote:

Fish are living creatures and they shouldn't be used for entertainment by braggarts and dragged out of their natural environment gasping for life with a steel hook through their mouths. :grrrrr:

Studies prove bugger all, the only way to tell if it caused pain and suffering is to be a fish.

If they were cute and cuddly there'd be an outcry and someone would be starting threads about keeping their memory alive. :rofl:

OK, I say, lets save all fish!!!! I love Nemo :wubbers:
Holly
Site Admin

Postby luddite » Sun May 29, 2016 12:02 pm

Holly wrote:
luddite wrote:

OK, I say, lets save all fish!!!! I love Nemo :wubbers:

Madders will be along shortly to explain why is necessary to make the little buggers suffer. :thud:
luddite

Postby Vicky » Sun May 29, 2016 3:13 pm

Vicky

Postby Maddog » Sun May 29, 2016 5:05 pm

Victoria wrote:Madders!!

There was no reason to kill Cecil or than sheer badness by that dentist, Cecil was well known and well liked.

He was killed, because that sick tosser want to play at being Rambo.

Trophy hunting is wrong.

Why do the people in charge of managing wildlife allow these older male cats to be harvested.

When you learn the answer to that question, you will learn the reason it's perfectly fine to kill Cecil..
Maddog

Postby Maddog » Sun May 29, 2016 5:08 pm

luddite wrote:

Let's not forget chips and chips isn't nearly as appealing as fish and chips. :)
Maddog

Postby Vicky » Sun May 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Maddog wrote:

There was no reason to kill Cecil or than sheer badness by that dentist, Cecil was well known and well liked.

Trophy hunting is wrong.

Why do the people in charge of managing wildlife allow these older male cats to be harvested.

When you learn the answer to that question, you will learn the reason it's perfectly fine to kill Cecil..

It wasn't perfectly fine to kill Cecil.

What's your view on the gorilla that was killed?
Vicky

Postby Maddog » Sun May 29, 2016 5:51 pm

Victoria wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Trophy hunting is wrong.

It wasn't perfectly fine to kill Cecil.

What's your view on the gorilla that was killed?

If It's not fine, why do they keep issuing permits to harvest them?

Kid falls into a gorilla cage. Kid has to be protected. The people there have a better idea of what needed to be done than anyone that wasn't.
Maddog

Postby PinkSmurf » Sun May 29, 2016 5:58 pm

My view on the gorilla that was killed is this : What the hell were the parents of a small child doing while he ended up in a gorilla's enclosure?! The person who shot the gorilla had no choice. A tranquilizing dart would take a few minutes to work which could have resulted in the child being killed by the animal. The parents are to blame. Children move quickly and they should have kept an eye on him. Not only that but it should not have been so easy to get in to the gorilla's enclosure so the zoo should check the rest of the animals' enclosures. The child was injured and is lucky to be alive. He must have been terrified. I read he was thrown around for about 10 minutes. The parents should take the blame for this. I wouldn't leave a child under 11 with my dog let alone leave them to their own devices in a zoo. OK they could argue that they thought a person wouldn't be able to get into the animals' cages but surely you would be cautious and keep an eye on your children?
PinkSmurf

Postby Maddog » Sun May 29, 2016 6:06 pm

PinkSmurf wrote:My view on the gorilla that was killed is this : What the hell were the parents of a small child doing while he ended up in a gorilla's enclosure?! The person who shot the gorilla had no choice. A tranquilizing dart would take a few minutes to work which could have resulted in the child being killed by the animal. The parents are to blame. Children move quickly and they should have kept an eye on him. Not only that but it should not have been so easy to get in to the gorilla's enclosure so the zoo should check the rest of the animals' enclosures. The child was injured and is lucky to be alive. He must have been terrified. I read he was thrown around for about 10 minutes. The parents should take the blame for this. I wouldn't leave a child under 11 with my dog let alone leave them to their own devices in a zoo. OK they could argue that they thought a person wouldn't be able to get into the animals' cages but surely you would be cautious and keep an eye on your children?

When the story broke on Yahoo news the other day, the comments were about 10-1 saying the gorilla should not be harmed, regardless of if the boy gets killed. Many said animals are just as important and we have no right to kill them, even to defend a child.

It's a fucked up world, and the animal rights nuts may be the most dangerous folks out there. No wonder grown men now pretend they are dogs.
Maddog

Postby Stooo » Sun May 29, 2016 7:08 pm

Seventeen years old and shot by the authorities. He didn't do nothing :shake head:
Stooo
Site Admin

Postby B » Sun May 29, 2016 7:10 pm

Maddog wrote:
PinkSmurf wrote:My view on the gorilla that was killed is this : What the hell were the parents of a small child doing while he ended up in a gorilla's enclosure?! The person who shot the gorilla had no choice. A tranquilizing dart would take a few minutes to work which could have resulted in the child being killed by the animal. The parents are to blame. Children move quickly and they should have kept an eye on him. Not only that but it should not have been so easy to get in to the gorilla's enclosure so the zoo should check the rest of the animals' enclosures. The child was injured and is lucky to be alive. He must have been terrified. I read he was thrown around for about 10 minutes. The parents should take the blame for this. I wouldn't leave a child under 11 with my dog let alone leave them to their own devices in a zoo. OK they could argue that they thought a person wouldn't be able to get into the animals' cages but surely you would be cautious and keep an eye on your children?

When the story broke on Yahoo news the other day, the comments were about 10-1 saying the gorilla should not be harmed, regardless of if the boy gets killed. Many said animals are just as important and we have no right to kill them, even to defend a child.

It's a fucked up world, and the animal rights nuts may be the most dangerous folks out there. No wonder grown men now pretend they are dogs.

Animal rights nutters must have absolutely no life of their own so they terrorise people who do have a life to give their pathetic existence meaning. :grrrrr:

Proof that they are stupid is the fact that they released mink into the wild in the UK.

Brilliant, I'm sticking up for animal rights so I'll release ferocious killing machines into their habitat, what could go wrong. :again?:

Mink are presently decimating our native animals for food. :yikes:

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :brickwall:
B

Postby PinkSmurf » Sun May 29, 2016 9:11 pm

B wrote:
Maddog wrote:

Animal rights nutters must have absolutely no life of their own so they terrorise people who do have a life to give their pathetic existence meaning. :grrrrr:

Proof that they are stupid is the fact that they released mink into the wild in the UK.

Brilliant, I'm sticking up for animal rights so I'll release ferocious killing machines into their habitat, what could go wrong. :again?:

Mink are presently decimating our native animals for food. :yikes:

They say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. :brickwall:

The animal rights extremists who yes are extreme have not helped animals at all. When Huntingdon Life Sciences were exposed for animal cruelty on TV a group called SHAC aka Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty was created. They and closely associated Save The Newchurch Guinea Pigs carried out arson & digging up bodies to further their aims. The leaders were given 11 years and 9 years in prison for blackmail. Companies who were doing business with HLS (Huntingdon Life Sciences) were targetted & staff were threatened when they didn't have a clue who HLS were. The innocent staff members were told to leave their jobs. As in the staff working for HLS customers and suppliers who had nothing to do with their bosses' decision making and certainly had nothing to do with animal cruelty directly. Groups like SHAC set animal rights back by decades. Now when people hear about cruelty they think about animal rights activists burning out people's cars and digging up bodies of human beings. Now law abiding people are very wary of donating even to BUAV because of extremist groups. Yes it can be said what's happening to the animals in labs is extreme but bombing out people's cars who don't even work in labs is not the answer. It just leads to bad publicity and stricter laws around even just protest. The animal rights activists believe everyone should be vegan. If you're against animal testing but eat meat and you're on a protest and admit this they will turn on you. You're expected to risk prison and the whole movement exists in paranoia and illegality. They are just seen as nutters. Anyone who is not extreme will be treated with suspicion. People who are not extreme will wonder if you are and the extremists think you're a cop or MI5. The animal rights movement is dying a death thanks to terrorism / extremism.
PinkSmurf

Postby Random » Sun May 29, 2016 9:45 pm

I was watching Simon reeve travelling the Tropic of Capricorn the other night and he was talking to locals in Africa where they've stopped poaching the elephants and housing them in safari parks to attract tourism. The elephants numbers have multiplied so well that they say it is threatening the Eco system, elephants destroying trees, bird habitats etc. and they say have got to cull 2000 elephants.

So if they do the save the elephants charities would have been for nothing. Eco systems existed just fine without man intervention.
Random

PreviousNext

Return to The Archive